20 Year T-Mobile Customer - Customer Service had become very inadequate, terrible. Rude.

Badge

Extremely Poor Customer Support. 

I will try to be as brief as possible.

My family has been with T-Mobile for 20 years. In 2015 I purchased an iPhone 8. With the iPhone 8 I purchased Apple support.

Few weeks ago, the battery charger port on my original iPhone 8 failed, and I was send a replacement iPhone by T-Mobile under my extended warranty agreement of 7 years. The replacement iPhone had lots of intermittent issues. After several failed attempts yesterday I replaced my first replacement phone with a second iPhone 8 under my Apple extended warranty through T-Mobile.

With the previous phone and the current one I’ve been trying to get assistance with issues with my Apple Watch with connection to my 2nd replacement iPhone

When I called for support today, the first rep kept putting me on ’Hold’ the phone and coming back and I’m assuming to either look up or ask someone how to support an Apple product. This was also my previous experience less than a month ago on the original bad iPhone that I was sent by T-Mobile, the customer service rep didn’t have the product knowledge and really wasted my time.  

So today I went through two service reps the second service rep instead of trying to fix my issue with my Apple Watch. Wanted to sell me another line for $10 for my Apple Watch. After clearly explaining why I was calling this individual ignored that and wanted to sell me a service. Instead of addressing my needs. 

I requested a supervisor and then after the supervisor, C., Team Coach, being actually kind of rude to me, ask me if I wanted to add a additional line to my watch after I clearly told her why I was calling and why I wanted to speak to her. She just wanted to clarify. The Team Coach kept interrupting me and speaking over me. I hope the conversating was recorded by T-Mobile I was shocked. 

I’m extremely frustrated. The supervisor continued to interrupt me as I was trying to explain the situation to her and she kept assuring me how good she was with Apple products, but would never be quiet enough long enough for me to get the issue resolved so I finally just hung up. 

If there’s anyone here, who’s getting ready to switch to another cellular service recommendations are requested. 

I’m not sure what is happened with T-Mobile’s customer service. I put up with bad cell reception for two decades because of customer service with T-Mobile was excellent. Apparently that’s no longer the case and no longer reason to stay with them. I’ve invested literally thousands of dollars in multiple phones, Apple devices and accessories through T-Mobile. Why do I keep receiving bad iPhone from them? No Q.C.?

I guess if you are a legacy customer T-Mobile is no longer concerned about customer retention. 

T-Mobile will be losing five customers in the next 60 days and I noticed from the comments my family is not the only one leaving T-Mobile, disappointing. 

Greg B - Houston Texas
xxx.xxx.4523

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i would think it would be a bit hard to locate a replacement Iphone8 since its so old by now..all you’ll end up getting more than likely will be refurbished devices.

why would you stay for the good customer service when youre paying for reception...which per you has been drastically lacking for the last 20 years? that alone is a reason to move on to someone that covers your area better..

Badge

Hello Fire-Guy  The reason I stayed was the service as stated but now I am trying to get T-Mobiles attention - REF: iPhone 8  yes I get eh refurbished phone but my agreement with T -Mobile for the last 7 years doesn't say “ IF WE CAN FIND YOU A  WORKING PHONE” - So thank you for the response  I left out a lot of bad details. 

Hi Greg B.  We switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last year.  We have never had better service.  If I have a problem I just go to the local store.  The folks who work there are always ready to help and are very knowledgeable.  I only spoke to someone on the phone when I first got the service.  We actually already had our IPhones we had gotten from Verizon.  We pay less now than we have ever paid for any other service.  We had AT&T for years before we switched to Verizon.  Anyway, you might talk to the people at your local store.  Hopefully they’ll be able to help you.  Good luck!

I do understand your frustration.  I have been a t mobile customer for 15 plus years.  Pass February 2023 I called inquiring about WiFi in my home town in Lincoln County. The customer service representative said  with WiFi my monthly bill would increase by 50.00. I agreed, the representative said there is a special on Samsung 22 this month.  She said my bill would increase by 5 dollars for cost of the phone.

This Great deal only to find out WiFi is Not in this area and the Samsung 22 was not the 22 but some refurbished phone I failed to get because I did not the sign the email.

I am definitely leaving T-Mobile. Because The customer service today apologized I know 15 times yet offered nothing for their  mistake but  to send the label to to return the WiFi tower .

Their customer service went to the crapper when they started the 'team'. Before the 'team' you could call in ask for tech support without having to beg for 30 minutes for them to transfer you then with at least 5 apologies for not listening in the first place because they have to transfer you.  Before the 'team' one person with tech support is all it took. Now the people with tech support know 1 thing only. Home Internet knows nothing about phones etc... tech support use to know everything including customer service. 

When you call its always an hour or more and half of that hours is full of BS. No worries, we are so sorry but I will make sure to take care of your issue so you don't have to call back. We appreciate you being a 19 year customer. 

Issue still not corrected.

Last 5 months bill has been wrong.

The last thing I feel is appreciated. 

I understand staying with t mobile even though the service wasn't the greatest and at times the worst because I'm right there with you. 

I use to have this thing about hanging up on people but no longer. It has gotten to the point if I can't understand the person, I just hang up and call back. If I don't before I know it 30 minutes has passed and I'm still saying excuse me I didn't understand what you said . I don't feel bad any more because it's like this. I've lived more of my life than I have left and I don't appreciate anyone wasting it. Especially when a load of time has gone by, I'm still on the fone and nothing accomplished.  

The first couple years of t mobile were ok, but now idk who changed the system but hour long waits, no one keeps their word even w proof, no one give u call backs when they say, if line drops no one care to call back.  They hang up on u constantly for no reason , n tell u cant speak freely on phone or they will hang up to avoid helping you ... ill never buy anything from thid company again.

Hi Greg B.  We switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last year.  We have never had better service.  If I have a problem I just go to the local store.  The folks who work there are always ready to help and are very knowledgeable.  I only spoke to someone on the phone when I first got the service.  We actually already had our IPhones we had gotten from Verizon.  We pay less now than we have ever paid for any other service.  We had AT&T for years before we switched to Verizon.  Anyway, you might talk to the people at your local store.  Hopefully they’ll be able to help you.  Good luck!

This sounds like someone that works for them trying make them look better 

@Greg B The truth regarding loyalty to customers is that it’s no longer a primary focus. When a company grows as large as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, you are merely a drop in the financial bucket. Unless you are a Large Volume business customer, you are an accepted financial loss, should you choose to leave.

Please understand, I mean no disrespect by this statement. I was a tier-2 tech-support rep for Verizon wireless for many years. VZW’s complacency within the cellular market allowed T-Mobile to make large gains in their cellular footprint within the US. I could see the writing on the wall with tech-support being outsourced to 3rd parties like Asurion, so I left VZW in 2018 and became an OTR truck driver, driving all over the US. I kept Verizon service, as it worked where I needed it to. Furthermore, I also learned that T-Mobile’s service had vastly improved across the US. (truck drivers gossip more than a sewing circle) I switched to T-Mobile, and I’ve been impressed with their cellular service. Customer service still leaves something to be desired, but it doesn’t surprise me. Call centers are more concerned with having asses in seats and less concerned with the quality of the person attached to said ass.

With the issue you have with the iPhone 8 replacement and the watch, have you contacted Apple support? (Speaking from experience) if it isn’t a service related issue (meaning the device/s connecting to the cellular network), Apple is the go to for device support.

Badge

Thank you for the reply. I was actually very happy with T-Mobile until this happed. 

Now I am with ATT, they had issues right out of the gate. The ATT Rep lied to me about my deal and i had serval phone calls with ATT to get it mostly resolved. - Mostly

The ATT CSR admitted that the “ Rep had lied to me and they were aware of this issue and that individual no longer works for ATT.”  Paraphrased. 

So in 30 months I am switching to what?  I don’t know.

Thank you for the response.  G

I’ve been with T-mobile for like 14 years, honestly it wasn’t bad before Covid, but after Covid is when I started having issues. My first complaint is that there’s no upgrades on phones for existing customers like me, unless you add a line. I still have the iPhone 10x that I actually had to replace because I drop it 2 feet from the floor while vacuuming my house, and the screen got a bad line in it that was neon purple, I use my phone for work so I ordered a replacement phone using the insurance. New phone came came pretty fast, but after a week the battery would die I couldn’t go anywhere without a charger, so I called and customer service was nice they sent me a new phone, but told me if it shows that there’s nothing wrong with the phone battery I might be responsible for paying full price for the 2nd replacement phone. The 2nd replacement phone worked much better. 

My other complaint is that my kids dad got them iPhones 14 for Christmas without taking to me, but changing my son’s phone over to his dad’s account was a nightmare. They wouldn’t let my son keep his number, and I got charged for 3 months after canceling his phone line, and had to call into t-mobile 3 times every time I was told it was fixed, it never was, finally got it fixed but was never offered any kinda credit for being overcharged multiple times. 

my final complaint is that I use my phone for work I’m self employed, I’ve tried multiple different times to get my phone plan switched to a business line, the first time I asked about this, I was transferred to the business department, only to be told there was no one there after being on hold for 30 minutes and to call back later, I was Surprised because it was around 3:30 pm central time. The second time I called in to change to a business plan I was told I need to go into the store. I’m honestly thinking about leaving T-mobile the last two years have been a pain and my phone bill is outrageous I have one line and I’m paying $100 a month for a crappy iPhone 10x because the upgrade really aren’t upgrades unless you are a new customer to T-mobile. I don’t feel appreciated as a long term customer. 

I miss the days of having a specific business rep that we worked with when we had Sprint. I would call ONE person, who knew the account and what was going on with it… As it is now, I have to call, get dumped into a que, get an individual that often doesn’t know how to tie their own shoes and get told incorrect information over and over…. It’s pathetic…