Question

2020 Apple trade P27

• 28 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there, I have sign up for new account with trade in 2 iPhone xs and 1 iPhone 8 with the promo P27 on Dec13. The promotion said Get $830 off for iPhone 12 pro with trade in iPhone 8 to iPhone 11
I made the order online. The sale rep said my 3 iPhone are qualify for $830 off. But what I see in  https://my.t-mobile.com/account/promotions  It not what I agree for.

Line one with iPhone xs 256GB 

Credit details

Total monthly credit: $24.67

Duration: 30

Number of credits applied: 0

Total credit amount: $740

Line two with iPhone xs 64GB 
Total monthly credit: $20.14

Total credit amount: $604

Line three with iPhone 8 64GB 
Credit details

Total monthly credit: $18.44

Total credit amount: $553

When the sale rep email me to document he said I will see the trade in value less than $830 but no worries it will be $830 and apply to my bill after I trade in.

One other thing my first bill show in my account is due on Jan 5,2021.
It not even a month since I just got the phone on Dec 15,2020.

Is it work that way?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

I am in pretty much same situation, but I beleive and this is my best guess, $830 - $x (Credit amount showing) is your phone’s trade in value, not sure if they will credit that difference in account in lump sum or will distribute it over 24/30 months

I did the new line activation, trade in iphone for the new iphone 12 through 611, and they messed up mine as well. And yes, they said it will change later for me as well. Now, I’m on the 2nd billing cycle, nothing’s changed. 

Only way you can do is to call in and talk to them about it. I still haven’t got mine done yet after several emails exchange. They end up telling me that I’ll have to call in myself. (Basically they messed up, and I have to clean up the mess). 

Ok everyone. It isn’t a mess up, it just don't show you how it works. So the $830 is distribute out over the 24/30 month you agreed on. The value your trade-in is just showing you what they actually took your trade-in for that all. If someone decided to pay off all at once you would see the credited to your bill every month til your 24/30 is over.