Question

3rd party purchases blocked?

• 18 May 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I got a new Samsung phone from T-Mobile store, I can no longer use my T-mobile account on Play Store to make purchases.  The payment method has been disabled on Play Store, when I try to “enable” it again it says “due to my T-Mobile account settings I cannot enable this payment method” and to contact the primary account holder (ME!).  I’ve searched through my T-Mobile account settings for three days - I cannot find anywhere that these purchases are blocked.  I certainly did not block them.  I don’t know what else to try.

6 replies

How do I block 3rd party purchases?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have a post paid plan you can change the settings in your MyTmobile account.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@gramps28 

WHERE???????? Poster, and myself have looked in settings and can't find an option to do this anywhere. 

I got a new Samsung phone from T-Mobile store, I can no longer use my T-mobile account on Play Store to make purchases.  The payment method has been disabled on Play Store, when I try to “enable” it again it says “due to my T-Mobile account settings I cannot enable this payment method” and to contact the primary account holder (ME!).  I’ve searched through my T-Mobile account settings for three days - I cannot find anywhere that these purchases are blocked.  I certainly did not block them.  I don’t know what else to try

Same things happening to me. I called three times they said that they changed it now or nobody will be able to buy anything and have it sent to the T-Mobile bill that is horrible I like ordering movies and everything and the Play store and Roblox. This is just another thing that's going on with our country; food going up milk eggs now they're taking this away .gas prices up what else . It was just so easy to add stuff to the bill this sucks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If.you can't find the setting to change.  Reach out to Customer Care at 611 or by DM'ing T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to have them make the change for you.

Profile, blocked calls and messages, choose the phone number you want to block, block other, block content downloads.