Question

421 4.2.0 sender rejected AUP#SNDR

Badge

I manage a few mail servers for my employer. We noticed that we are being blocked by T-Mobile (relay=tmo-east.mx.a.cloudfilter.net). We send a lot of messages to our customers' SMS gateway addresses daily.

As of today, all of our messages have started. On the servers we saw bouncing back with 421 sender rejected AUP#SNDR messages.

Is there any way you could whitelist our mail server IP addresses?  I know you are making some changes to fight spam, but it is hurting our clients who want to get notified on new property listings.

I can email the logs to you at an appropriate email address or complete a whitelist form if you would like, along with a list of our mail server IP addresses.

Please assist us with this issue.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging

might be some needed info in here..

Having the same problem..

I am forwarding a few messages from my gmail email account to my T-Mobile number so I can get text messages of those emails..

The last few days the T-Mobile service has been returning this error..

At first it was just having trouble and rejecting delivery.. Now its outright blocking the messages..

What is going on? I’m just a regular T-Mobile user with a personal phone number.. I don’t have a business account or anything.. I just want to forward some messages from my gmail to my phone as text messages.. What do I need to do to make that happen again?

It was working just fine last week, and for the last several months since I set it up.. But the past week its been failing, and now I’m getting this error.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1

Same issue here.. any status on resolution? 

I have critical home automation come through as text messages such as water leaks, fires, glass breaking etc. They are not coming through for about the past week. 

Please advise T-Mobile how to fix this?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here. I haven’t been getting my home automation notifications since Tuesday afternoon and all they do via support is give me the run around. I was supposed to get a tier 2 callback this morning at 9am, but they never called.

Userlevel 1

Maybe it’s time to switch to Verizon.. their offer for $30 a line for 4 lines for new users is tempting plus a credit to bringing your own phone. Hmmmm

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m seriously thinking about it. I’ve spent numerous hours with support on this. And even if they do fix the problem, I’ve noted that since sometime maybe around late March, my messages would be randomly delayed, sometimes over 24 hours.

It’s sad, because my first cell phone was with T-Mobile, and I remember back then the support was excellent - a gold standard by which I’ve judged subsequent support experiences… I ended up moving to Sprint a long time ago for their “Unlimited Everything” plan.  I’d noted that the support with Sprint wasn’t that great, but now that it’s back to T-Mobile, it’s *loads* worse.

Honestly, the path of least resistance is to switch my notifications to discord, but that just seems wrong. I *pay* for messaging and I’m supposed to get “support” if it’s not working, so I feel like changing providers simply out of disgust for what they’re putting me through. I get that the merging of networks is rough, so I’m trying to be tolerant, but if they’re not going to the effort to make the transition smooth for their customers, then it does not speak well for them.

Userlevel 1

I have been playing with the numbers and thought myself.  

Still have a balance on 2 phones where the payout would be tough to swallow otherwise I would have gone already. 

I’m paying for Matenta Max which should have priority data and it’s no better than when I was on my old plan.

Paying a premium and going backwards doesn’t bode well with me. Once I have a open I will strongly consider it. Service has not improved with Sprint that’s for sure. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just checked out the Verizon plans. Much pricier than what I pay currently for whatever my plan is called now.  When I originally signed up, it was called “Unlimited Everything”. But… the verizon plan does come with Hulu and Disney+.  We were thinking about subscribing to Hulu anyway...

Userlevel 1

I just checked out the Verizon plans. Much pricier than what I pay currently for whatever my plan is called now.  When I originally signed up, it was called “Unlimited Everything”. But… the verizon plan does come with Hulu and Disney+.  We were thinking about subscribing to Hulu anyway...

Scroll down to the Welcome Unlimited plan.. $30 a month 4 lines. That’s pretty good!

Plus $240 per line if you bring your own phone. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I only have need for 2 lines. An equivalent plan is $70/mo/line plus taxes/fees, introductory rates aside. With taxes/fees, I currently pay $108/mo (both lines combined). Big difference.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Actually, do you think that’s an introductory rate? I can’t tell. The name sounds like it’s introductory.

Userlevel 1

I only have need for 2 lines. An equivalent plan is $70/mo/line plus taxes/fees, introductory rates aside. With taxes/fees, I currently pay $108/mo (both lines combined). Big difference.

One bit of advice.. don’t get suckered into Magenta Max.. it’s no better then what you have today. trust me. I switched to it because the cost of the phones with the credits was a wash when I had 3 lines. Then my son dropped and the plan became a poor value for me and the wife only (2 lines also). If my work didn’t pay for ½ I would have switched already. I’m already paying it. 

My only concern was Verizon service and their fees. I have been down that road with them many years ago. 

Good luck what you decide.

Userlevel 1

Actually, do you think that’s an introductory rate? I can’t tell. The name sounds like it’s introductory.

I understood it as long as you stay on it that is what it is. I didn’t talk to anyone yet but I don’t think it’s introductory, but not for existing customers. 

Edit:

Looking at some small print it does not include a hotspot which would be an issue for me. I don’t use it often but I do enough to require it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hmmm… Yeah, the lack of a hotspot is somewhat of an issue. I rarely use it, but when I do, it’s usually really important.

Userlevel 1

Hmmm… Yeah, the lack of a hotspot is somewhat of an issue. I rarely use it, but when I do, it’s usually really important.

Exactly.. same here. How can I work from the boat without it 🤷🏻

Userlevel 2
Badge

So I just chatted with a Verizon sales rep. Sounds like if you already have FIOS (which I do), you get $5/line/mo off from whichever plan you select. So if I went with the “Start” plan which includes 5 gigs of mobile hotspot, it would be $55/mo with autopay and paperless billing and FIOS discount. That’s the same as the welcome plan just with the hotspot added.  So $110/mo + taxes (compared to $108 with taxes/fees with Sprint/T-Mobile).  They said taxes depend on the state but they suggest expecting 10-15%. The upper end of that range would make my total (2-line) bill $126.50. It’s less hotspot data than I currently get, but I’m hoping the calls will be less choppy and that their email-to-text feature actually works - and would experience shorter latency than I was getting with T-Mobile compared to when it *was* working (which could have occasionally been in excess of 24h since this past April).

Userlevel 1

So I just chatted with a Verizon sales rep. Sounds like if you already have FIOS (which I do), you get $5/line/mo off from whichever plan you select. So if I went with the “Start” plan which includes 5 gigs of mobile hotspot, it would be $55/mo with autopay and paperless billing and FIOS discount. That’s the same as the welcome plan just with the hotspot added.  So $110/mo + taxes (compared to $108 with taxes/fees with Sprint/T-Mobile).  They said taxes depend on the state but they suggest expecting 10-15%. The upper end of that range would make my total (2-line) bill $126.50. It’s less hotspot data than I currently get, but I’m hoping the calls will be less choppy and that their email-to-text feature actually works - and would experience shorter latency than I was getting with T-Mobile compared to when it *was* working (which could have occasionally been in excess of 24h since this past April).

Nice.. please, if you don’t mind let me/us know how the e-mail texting works out and overall if you are happy once you get a good test drive. I don’t have FIOS and it is not available to me. I can only get Verizon DSL which is a no go. I am stuck/cornered with Comcast/Xfinity. I understand they use Verizon so might be looking at that once the time comes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does your phone have a signal when out on the boat?

Userlevel 1

does your phone have a signal when out on the boat?

Yes, I just boat in the Barnegat Bay in NJ.. there is actually better service where I typically go vs. my home believe it or not LOL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not a whole lot to block your signal out on the water as long as the antenna is pointed your way and youre close enough lol.

homes/businesses the signal gets to fight against mother nature plus every wire/piece of metal in your home

Userlevel 2
Badge

So in preparation for making the switch to Verizon, I stopped by a T-Mobile store to drop off a Sprint Voice Pro device that they sent me awhile back to replace my Airave when my wife and I upgraded our phones (because they weren't compatible with the Airave anymore).

I brought up the issue of the email-to-text not working and the server bouncing back the emails with an error. The guy there confidently stated it was because of the Sprint network integration and said that migrating my account to T-Mobile would fix it. I couldn't remember at the time whether you ( @sdynak ) were already on TMo, but now I see you are when I review this thread.

So apparently the guy was bullshitting. Plus, they wouldn't take back the Voice Pro, but assured me that when I change providers, I'd be sent an RMA kit (though I'm really skeptical I won't get a whopper of a bill for it, given how discombobulated they all seem to be).

I did look at the magenta max plan though and it does appear to be cheaper than what I'm paying now. But if it won't solve this problem or the randomly slow texts or the choppy calls from inside our house even with WiFi calling enabled...

Userlevel 1

So in preparation for making the switch to Verizon, I stopped by a T-Mobile store to drop off a Sprint Voice Pro device that they sent me awhile back to replace my Airave when my wife and I upgraded our phones (because they weren't compatible with the Airave anymore).

I brought up the issue of the email-to-text not working and the server bouncing back the emails with an error. The guy there confidently stated it was because of the Sprint network integration and said that migrating my account to T-Mobile would fix it. I couldn't remember at the time whether you ( @sdynak ) were already on TMo, but now I see you are when I review this thread.

So apparently the guy was bullshitting. Plus, they wouldn't take back the Voice Pro, but assured me that when I change providers, I'd be sent an RMA kit (though I'm really skeptical I won't get a whopper of a bill for it, given how discombobulated they all seem to be).

I did look at the magenta max plan though and it does appear to be cheaper than what I'm paying now. But if it won't solve this problem or the randomly slow texts or the choppy calls from inside our house even with WiFi calling enabled...

I am with T-Mobile and not from Sprint and on Magenta Max so it seems what he is telling you is BS. 

And to add I have seen zero improvement since switching to Magenta Max. I was expecting priority service in crowded areas and nothing. I don’t have anything other than my own experience and no actual data or facts. Just had issues with data in every crowded situation since I switched. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I also learned that with my current Sprint plan, I have 60G mobile hotspot data. I also learned that our current taxes in NJ total $2.26. Assuming the taxes will be roughly equivalent, that puts the 5G Start Unlimited plan at $112.26/mo for 2 lines.

That’s roughly $4.26 more per month with 55G less hotspot data.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You know what? The hotspot data made me stop and think. If I'm going to pay more for less, I decided to search for people on Verizon that have the same problem that I'm trying to avoid… and I found them. There are users using phone@vtext.com (or whatever) to use email to text that are getting blocked but instead of cloudfilter.net, it's cloudmark.net (I think) that is bouncing back their emails. In fact I found a threads from consumers and business. The guy with the business said cloudmark has a form to submit to have his email domain whitelisted, but no one is responding to it. And he claimed there's no one at the cell carrier (Verizon) that even manages these things.

So it seems like there's no permanent way to avoid this issue… Really getting frustrated.

Userlevel 2
Badge

And Cloudfilter runs via Amazon web services, which, if you sign up and read their stuff about email filtering, it has a mechanism for creating a “verified identity” for an email address. It's a long shot, but I started trying to do that, but it made me think that maybe if I send from my email that is on my sprint account… maybe it would magically work? I don't know. I'm grasping at straws.