Solved

$5 autopay

• 30 April 2019
  • 4 replies

"Set up autopay and save $5 per line." Is this a one-time or a monthly credit?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 30 April 2019, 15:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is a monthly discount.

I always autopay turned on, but just hit the worst user experience with T-Mobile app so like to share with the community how to avoid this.

When you update your payment card information, be very careful to *not* make any payment arrangement for any balance involved.  It will automatically turn off auto-pay and not warn you or text you.  Of course, when it's turned off, it will not give you the discount of $5 per line.   In my case, I have 6 lines, so it was $30.00 discount missed and T-Mobile stated they can't do anything with it.

I spoke to a supervisor and gave him my feedback to:

1. Warn people when auto-pay is about to be turned off on the app

2. Text the user if auto-pay is turned off

My hope is no one runs into this, and if you do, hopefully, T-Mobile has improved the User Experience so this won't be an issue.

I'm considering moving to another carrier now due to how bad the UX I had to go thru.  Great thing is that I have unlocked phones. 😊

It is very difficult to set up Auto pay is actually stupid. I had no problems with any other Carrie.

About 2 months ago , I’ve updated my debit card and even when Auto Pay is on , they’re telling me there is an issue processing the payment, but then payment goes through. I’m not getting those $5 back. I’ve been in talks with them twice and nothing gets resolved