Solved

Accessing the account and customer service from out of country?

Hi,

I need to pay my last bill and i have some inquiries towards unlocking the device but I cannot seem to access both through online or via my phone(Sim card is changed to the local one and T-mobile's card is destroyed, bad call ) as it will want to verify my current number which I don't have anymore. I closed my numbers as I left the country so I can't seem to bypass that prompt.

Any suggestions will be helpful at this point.

Thanks for reading!

icon

Best answer by snn_555 29 August 2017, 00:09

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I guess that's where I am puzzled, I spoke to the people at the store nearby where I used to live and they said "we are scheduling the cancellation of your account right now and just make sure that you request for a code before the account is canceled" which I did and was told that now I have to have an active account. So I am wondering if there is a way to hack around it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The last time I read the terms the account only needed to be active if it's a prepaid plan.

Unlock eligibility for monthly phones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices

• The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
  • If the device is financed using T-Mobile’s Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) ,or if it's leased through JUMP! On Demand™️, all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full unless otherwise specified.
  • If the device is on an account that is under a service contract term, at least 18 consecutive monthly payments must have been made or the account must have migrated to Simple Choice no contract rate plan.
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, the account balance must be zero, including all pending charges.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I do see where the prerequisites state account must be active but monthly phone accounts which are closed must be in good standing. Seems either poorly worded or contradictory.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

To add to the confusion, I have unlocked 3 phones in less than a year but did so via the unlock app. Also 2 of them were used less than 40 days when unlocked. So there's that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The 40 day unlocks don't count towards your 2 unlocks. It's just permanent unlocks.

I apologize for the lack of details. My account wasn't on prepaid plan as I lived in the states for more than 8 years. I am moved to Korea for about 2-3 years and trying to use the same phone that I've been using (which is my intention to unlock the phone.) in the states. It was on Jump on demand but I fully paid off before I closed my numbers I think account might still be active but I lost the sim card anyway so I've lost hope already but I was just wondering if I can do something about it. I'd talk to the T-mobile representative but I cannot verify my numbers so it won't let me make a ticket or open a chat room with them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Try using social media like facebook or twitter to contact them from overseas.

Community-2153

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you closed the account it won't still be active. Try social media. They will still need to verify but you should be able to get a question or two asked before they need to verify.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.

This is 40 days active use not unlocked for 40 day increments.

I will try that, thanks!

International Callers

Call: 1-505-998-3793

All calls made to this number from a T-Mobile handset are free from roaming, airtime, or long distance charges. Calls made to this number from landlines and non-T-Mobile phones will incur international long distance charges as well as any other additional charges that may apply.

Customer Care representatives are available daily from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. PT