Question

Advantage program removed from account after 5+ years

• 29 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

My corporate advantage discount discount has been applied to my account every month up until the Nov. 2021 billing for the last 5 consecutive years.  I initially thought it was some sort of glitch and called to have my bill adjusted.  Then the bill for the Dec 2021 billing was generated in the same way.  I then came to the conclusion that  this was not a fluke but more like a pattern.

I read where the program was discontinued.  Well, common sense says that would be for new participants.  However if you are already enrolled your supposed to be grandfathered in as long as you still qualify, which I do.  The next question would be how do you reinstate what Tmobile deleted off your account with no initiation from you (changes to account, services, or not turning in applicable proof of employment))?

Well, just sign up under the replacement program right?  No, not possible.  You see I have been with Tmobile so long that I am under the simple choice program.  The new first responder program is only applicable to the MAGENTA users.

Please advise how to proceed? 

P.S. none of the old verification links at sheerid.com. are actively working.  Help me get out of the matrix and actually get resolution to my problem.  I am exhausted after 3 phone calls with wait times exceeding 2 hrs trying to correct a problem that should not have existed in the first place.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Every year you're supposed to send confirmation that you still are eligible for the program. Luckily when I left my job that had the corporate discount I turned 55 and got a cheaper plan

You can try using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.

Badge

I just completed my verification process in May of 2021.  All has been fine until Nov of 2021.  I should have been fine until my annual re-verification was to happen in May of 2022.