Question

Almost 2 decades with T-mobile, but switching to AT&T today thanks to horrible customer service.

• 28 September 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Started with making a payment arrangement.  I set up a payment arrangement recently.  I was going to pay my outstanding balance today (9-29-22, payday).  Somehow the system gave me payment dates of the 25th and the 27th!  Called sunday, spoke to Jasmine.  After 45 minutes of her repeating the same thing about some button she can’t push and NOT transferring me to the supervisor, she says she set up an alert so that if my service is disconnected before i make my payment this afternoon, she will waive the reconnect fees and manually restore my service.  Well, of course at 6:30 this morning my service was disconnected.  Noone available to speak to before 7.  At 7, spoke to Dexter who read the notes and said that he saw what Jasmine said but he himself was unable to do it and it had to be Jasmine.  He said he would send a message to Jasmine.  I asked for a supervisor and was told they were all in a meeting.  3 hours later I haven’t heart anything so I called back.  Spoke to someone (didn’t get her name) who read off a speech about all the things we couldn’t do and according to the notes on the account nobody told me anything about a manual re-connect.  Asked for the supervisor because she kept saying she looked through the transcripts of my conversation with Jasmine, but i asked could someone review the actual recording so they can hear their employee telling me what she said.  I was put on hold.  3 times she came back to tell me they were reviewing the information.  Finally she comes back to say there was nothing she could do, the supervisor said so.  Again I asked if someone reviewed the recording and she admitted she hadn’t and couldn’t.  So again I ask for supervisor.  Then came Cicily.  The single most arrogant, condescending and rude person I have spoken to at T-Mobile ever.  She proceeded to tell me there is nothing to be done to give me any help until I’ve made a payment.  I asked her if she reviewed the recording, she said she didn’t need to.  Repeated the payment speech 3 more times.  I asked again if she reviewed the recording, then she told me i was interrupting her.  I let her finish everything she wanted to say. Then I asked again if someone would review the tape so that they could see i wasn’t making it up.  She finally said she did hear toward the end of the call that Jasmine did in fact tell me she would manually reconnect my service, but that she was wrong and should not have said that and that I didn’t need to know what was going to happen to Jasmine (which i didn’t ask).  I said, so you know that i was given incorrect info after repeatedly asking for a supervisor and there is still nothing you can do to help me.  She then repeated her make a payment speech.  I asked to speak to her supervisor to which she replied “I am the supervisor”.  So I again asked for someone above her in the organization chart.  She said there is “no one else here”.  I said so is there any one anywhere I could speak to.  She said no.  I asked her name and she gave it.  I told her i would be listing her name as the reason i’m leaving a company that i have loved for almost 20 years and her response was “that’s fine”.  I am livid.  I understand that it is my responsibility to pay my bill on time and this is hardly the first time i’ve been late.  But I have always paid my bill (a pretty substantial bill i might add), but in this terrifying economy where most of us live paycheck to paycheck, you mean to tell me that a few hours extension is too much to give a longtime, loyal customer?  And to be spoken to in such a manner.  ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!  Thanks to Cicely, When my paycheck does hit this afternoon, I will be using it to take AT&T up on one of the many offers i have declined in the past due to my loyalty to T-Mobile.

10 replies

Badge

24 years with SPRINT, I’m looking for a different cell service as well!   Worst customer service EVER!

After the disrespect I've had today I am leaving too!!  Horrible!!

Me and my 8 lines will be leaving once our credit is gone. I was promised a price in the store and months later still not fixed except a supervisor telling me they can't override the system since the code the rep entered was invalid. So I get screwed because of your employees screw up... I think not.

Whatever bye, I'll never be back or try the service ever again in my life. 

Badge

Started with making a payment arrangement.  I set up a payment arrangement recently.  I was going to pay my outstanding balance today (9-29-22, payday).  Somehow the system gave me payment dates of the 25th and the 27th!  Called sunday, spoke to Jasmine.  After 45 minutes of her repeating the same thing about some button she can’t push and NOT transferring me to the supervisor, she says she set up an alert so that if my service is disconnected before i make my payment this afternoon, she will waive the reconnect fees and manually restore my service.  Well, of course at 6:30 this morning my service was disconnected.  Noone available to speak to before 7.  At 7, spoke to Dexter who read the notes and said that he saw what Jasmine said but he himself was unable to do it and it had to be Jasmine.  He said he would send a message to Jasmine.  I asked for a supervisor and was told they were all in a meeting.  3 hours later I haven’t heart anything so I called back.  Spoke to someone (didn’t get her name) who read off a speech about all the things we couldn’t do and according to the notes on the account nobody told me anything about a manual re-connect.  Asked for the supervisor because she kept saying she looked through the transcripts of my conversation with Jasmine, but i asked could someone review the actual recording so they can hear their employee telling me what she said.  I was put on hold.  3 times she came back to tell me they were reviewing the information.  Finally she comes back to say there was nothing she could do, the supervisor said so.  Again I asked if someone reviewed the recording and she admitted she hadn’t and couldn’t.  So again I ask for supervisor.  Then came Cicily.  The single most arrogant, condescending and rude person I have spoken to at T-Mobile ever.  She proceeded to tell me there is nothing to be done to give me any help until I’ve made a payment.  I asked her if she reviewed the recording, she said she didn’t need to.  Repeated the payment speech 3 more times.  I asked again if she reviewed the recording, then she told me i was interrupting her.  I let her finish everything she wanted to say. Then I asked again if someone would review the tape so that they could see i wasn’t making it up.  She finally said she did hear toward the end of the call that Jasmine did in fact tell me she would manually reconnect my service, but that she was wrong and should not have said that and that I didn’t need to know what was going to happen to Jasmine (which i didn’t ask).  I said, so you know that i was given incorrect info after repeatedly asking for a supervisor and there is still nothing you can do to help me.  She then repeated her make a payment speech.  I asked to speak to her supervisor to which she replied “I am the supervisor”.  So I again asked for someone above her in the organization chart.  She said there is “no one else here”.  I said so is there any one anywhere I could speak to.  She said no.  I asked her name and she gave it.  I told her i would be listing her name as the reason i’m leaving a company that i have loved for almost 20 years and her response was “that’s fine”.  I am livid.  I understand that it is my responsibility to pay my bill on time and this is hardly the first time i’ve been late.  But I have always paid my bill (a pretty substantial bill i might add), but in this terrifying economy where most of us live paycheck to paycheck, you mean to tell me that a few hours extension is too much to give a longtime, loyal customer?  And to be spoken to in such a manner.  ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!  Thanks to Cicely, When my paycheck does hit this afternoon, I will be using it to take AT&T up on one of the many offers i have declined in the past due to my loyalty to T-Mobile.

Great decision!! I’m planning to switch to AT&T as well. T mobile charges how much ever they want and the representatives are so dumb. They keep repeating the same sentences without understanding the issue. And they lie as if the call is not even recording. I’m so done too!!

Badge

Me and my 8 lines will be leaving once our credit is gone. I was promised a price in the store and months later still not fixed except a supervisor telling me they can't override the system since the code the rep entered was invalid. So I get screwed because of your employees screw up... I think not.

Whatever bye, I'll never be back or try the service ever again in my life. 

Getting a device with t mobile is like a trap. They get so over confident that we won’t leave them as long as we have the device and they charge as much as they want!!!

Badge

I also Have Been with T Mobile 27 years  but with the recent not accepting credit cards for auto pay discounts I will not give my account information to them they have been way to careless with breaches so I guess it my be time to look at leaving. 

Userlevel 1

They don't give 2 about anything other than money. Customer service has got to be the most ignorant set of people I've ever had to encounter. They are extremely rude and back talk you, talk over you and insinuate that you are lying. After 22 years with them, our family is leaving for another carrier. We have had enough. Lie after lie after lie. Most disrespectful company I've ever come across.

Badge

Yes it's a shamed They don't care about customers that's been loyal so many years. 

Worst customer service ever. I only switched over last year….I may go back to Verizon. Shame on you, TMobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

her response was “that’s fine”.  I am livid.  

Just as a note:  T-Mobile has no ‘loyalty’ department, and while their executives may put in writing that ‘they would hate to lose  a customer’, their statements typically will come with the ‘you are unsatisfied and we have exhausted all possible means, and we will port you to another carrier’.

TBH, at one time, T-Mobile was the urban carrier that really had little to no presence outside the city, and liked it that way.  Most of the US lives in the city, and that’s where their customer base is.

IMHO, I’ll state that T-Mobile truly doesn’t want to:

1. Deal with customers, unless its a sale
  2. Support areas that are … less than urban/dense urban or interstates.