Question

Android 10 on Moto G7 power

And curious if we have an ETA on the Moto G7 power update to Android 10.

11 replies

Interesting question. Motorola seems to be shipping new phones with Android 10 but have not provided updates for the ones shipped with Android 9.

The update is out to most phones, just not T Mobile. https://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-finally-starts-rolling-out-android-10-moto-g7-and-moto-g7-power?amp

Yes T-Mobile let's not lag on this update here, get us Android 10 ASAP for G7 power (hint and it better freaking fix the "not connectimg to hidden SSID" networks non-sense)..  Do not carry that rediculous bug over.  I run security cams for my HOA and need a "hidden SSID" network and therefore a phone that can securely connect to it. .like my Moto Z2 force on Android 8.  Took me forever to figure out you guys jacked up.either the radio spec (only 802.11n not 802.11ac included) and disabled the normal connect hidden SSID network on Android 9?  Did some moron think that was making thing 'more secure' by disablimg that key feature??

Also , from Android forum see the well known Moto G7 power bug, about not connecting to hidden SSID networks.. that seems clearly driven by a screw up I Android OS 9.  They try to deflect his questions and lock the thread with no good support answer.  Hope TMobile can step up and fix Android here where Google failed?  

https://support.google.com/android/thread/14517261?hl=en

Bad enough I upgraded from Moto Z2 to G7 to get better battery and headphone jack again, but then they screw users with only 802.11n radio that doesn't connect to hidden WiFi networks!?

I just messaged with TMobile service and they said 2nd or 3rd week of August.

That would be lovely, finally!  Right after I posted this a month or so ago.. T-Mobile had sent an OS9 update, but it was just a security patch to OS9, no fix to joining hidden SSID network issue either.

Yet, if they issue a good OS10, I’ll stop cursing and be overall much happier with Moto G7 Power capabilities.  

I run two mesh network TP-Link Omada (HOA 30 townhouse security cam network) and Ubiquiti UniFi (my home personal network).  I’d have both my personal home mesh  + HOA security system BOTH on hidden SSID systems.  That would be mucho secure…

Instead, here I am broadcasting my home SSID mesh network, adding an Achilles heel to the whole system - and yeah, even with secure password makes me nervous with all the hack-a-wierdos in silicon valley area. 

So not cool Moto G7 Power can’t join hidden SSID network- forcing me to broadcast.. just so my wife and I can use internet!   Patiently waiting for 2nd/3rd week of august then for OS10 release and fix!

That would be lovely, finally!  Right after I posted this a month or so ago.. T-Mobile had sent an OS9 update, but it was just a security patch to OS9, no fix to joining hidden SSID network issue either.

Yet, if they issue a good OS10, I’ll stop cursing and be overall much happier with Moto G7 Power capabilities.  

I run two mesh network TP-Link Omada (HOA 30 townhouse security cam network) and Ubiquiti UniFi (my home personal network).  I’d have both my personal home mesh  + HOA security system BOTH on hidden SSID systems.  That would be mucho secure…

Instead, here I am broadcasting my home SSID mesh network, adding an Achilles heel to the whole system - and yeah, even with secure password makes me nervous with all the hack-a-wierdos in silicon valley area. 

So not cool Moto G7 Power can’t join hidden SSID network- forcing me to broadcast.. just so my wife and I can use internet!   Patiently waiting for 2nd/3rd week of august then for OS10 release and fix!

Well, it's the last week of August.... Still not rolled out on my G7 Power

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Right now, I’m in the process of downloading Android 10 on my G7 Power.

I'm also download OS 10, will follow up once installed on both mine and my wife's moto G7 tonight... That I can finally stop broadcast my SSID and actually join a regular hidden network SSID, like all other people who care about their WiFi security.

I'm also download OS 10, will follow up once installed on both mine and my wife's moto G7 tonight... That I can finally stop broadcast my SSID and actually join a regular hidden network SSID, like all other people who care about their WiFi security.

FAIL - THEY DID NOT FiX being able to join HIDDEN SSID network, in Android OS 10, worthless update!

Means I am stuck broadcast my SSiD forever, OR SELL THESE MOTO G7 POWER.

Seriously WTF /T-Mobile/Android/Motorola fix this shit.  All the other fancy features could wait!!

All my other Wifi computer, phones, tablet all can connect no issue to any hidden SSID network.  Who is the moron programmer/product manager that is blocking this.. please fire him/her now!!!

OK FIXED, GOT IT TO FINALLY connect to hidden SSID

Also, just in case - here’s where they moved the hidden SSID (now an option one must enable) function, instead of it being automatic