Question

Apple Pay

• 14 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Question: Can you set-up auto-pay with Apple Pay as your default payment

5 replies

Badge +1

I’d love to know this too. I’ve searched for answers on this and tried the suggestions but I always get an error message.

Here is how it’s suggested:

1 - Go into the TMobile mobile app and click on bill.

2 - Click “more payment options”

3 - Click on AutoPay On

4 - Click on “Payment method”

5 - Check the “Apple Pay” box

6 - Click “Select payment method

7 - Click “Agree and Submit”

Here is where it gets confusing. You are confronted with an option which looks like you are being asked to make a payment. If you’re already on auto pay I am not sure why it would ask you to do this but it does. I tried it anyway thinking oh well, this will just mean that I paid my bill in advance and I’ll have a credit but when I go ahead and submit this, I get an error message, no payment is made, and the payment method then reverts back to my old credit card instead of staying with Apple Pay as my default auto pay method. What I DO see is that there are 1 penny pending charges to my Apple Card (which I assume will just roll off eventually) for each time I’ve tried this. So SOMETHING is being attempted.

What I plan on doing is trying again after my bill has auto paid. Maybe the error has something to do with the fact that I have already been billed for the month and the billing system still wants to use my old credit card.

Any ideas??

BTW, I see no option at all to make Apple Pay the default payment method on t-mobile’s website. It’s only an option in my iphone.

I’d love to know this too. I’ve searched for answers on this and tried the suggestions but I always get an error message.

3 - Click on AutoPay On

Here is where it gets confusing. You are confronted with an option which looks like you are being asked to make a payment. If you’re already on auto pay I am not sure why it would ask you to do this but it does. I tried it anyway thinking oh well, this will just mean that I paid my bill in advance and I’ll have a credit but when I go ahead and submit this, I get an error message, no payment is made, and the payment method then reverts back to my old credit card instead of staying with Apple Pay as my default auto pay method. What I DO see is that there are 1 penny pending charges to my Apple Card (which I assume will just roll off eventually) for each time I’ve tried this. So SOMETHING is being attempted.

What I plan on doing is trying again after my bill has auto paid. Maybe the error has something to do with the fact that I have already been billed for the month and the billing system still wants to use my old credit card.

Any ideas??

BTW, I see no option at all to make Apple Pay the default payment method on t-mobile’s website. It’s only an option in my iphone.

I see the same issue as @jay968 trying to change my AutoPay settings to use Apple Pay.  I tried 4 times and each time received the same uninformative error message and $0.01 Pending charge.  Anyone find a solution/workaround?

3 - Click on AutoPay On

Any ideas??

I see the same issue as @jay968 trying to change my AutoPay settings to use Apple Pay.  I tried 4 times and each time received the same uninformative error message and $0.01 Pending charge.  Anyone find a solution/workaround?

I am having the exact same issue. I keep trying to use my Apple Card as autopay through ApplePay and it fails (also not informative as to why) and pends a charge of $0.01. I have talked to T-Mobile who was not sure why it was doing that and suggested trying again another day and Apple Card support is unsure why it is happening either.

If I choose another card set up with ApplePay it does work though… just not the Apple Card.

I am having the exact same issue. I keep trying to use my Apple Card as autopay through ApplePay and it fails (also not informative as to why) and pends a charge of $0.01. I have talked to T-Mobile who was not sure why it was doing that and suggested trying again another day and Apple Card support is unsure why it is happening either.

If I choose another card set up with ApplePay it does work though… just not the Apple Card.

Same here, was trying with an Apple Card.

I am having the same issue. Going on a month now and T mobile is pointing the finger at Apple and Apple has sent me to Goldman Sachs. This is frustrating.