Question

Arbitrary, absurdly illogical exclusion from Pixel trade-in promotion (OnePlus 7 Pro)

• 22 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Why is the OnePlus 7 Pro (non-5G) entirely EXCLUDED from the Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro trade-in promotion?! The mid-range/budget 7T model qualifies for the full $900 MAX/$450 non-MAX trade-in while the flagship model is excluded entirely. All the while, the OnePlus 5 (two years older than the 7 Pro) qualifies for $600/$300 but you’re offering me a paltry forty dollars for my 7 Pro.

AT&T and Verizon are both accepting the 7 Pro at parity with the 7 Pro 5G in their respective Pixel trade-in promotions.

I’m looking to the exits… Make this right. Now. 

5 replies

This phone has been left out of all of the promotions on their site. Their are two other things that are even worse as well:

1. Every T-mobile employee in store that I have spoken to has no idea that this is the case and has confirmed with me that the 7 Pro would qualify. I have had 611 employees tell me I would qualify as well until I get the right person who tells me it won’t. What happens to those people that aren’t as tech savvy that trade their device in just to get declined for the promotion? They wont return the phone back to the user thats for damn sure. I personally had an issue like this happen to me with a different promotion. Thankfully I caught it but I have been waiting on a refund for 3 months now. Also no supervisor has tried to make this right via a bill credit or anything.
  2. T-Mobile is already locking (their most loyal) customers out of promotions by requiring a certain type of plan. I am on a grandfathered plan and have been for like 10 years. I AM A 10 YEAR CUSTOMER PRACTICALLY. And now I am locked out of 80% of all promotions because of this. 

T-Mobile is going down hill fast from a customer service perspective. CEO gets swapped out and now the business is no longer worried about customer’s. All T-Mobile see’s is $$$ now and the only way to get there is with shady tactics like the listed examples above. Hopefully you get a reply to this but am doubtful because 90% of the employees at T-Mobile think the device actually works for the promotion. 

This is the only reason I won't be upgrading through T-Mobile.  Sad to see it excluded, I can't fathom why such older and non flagships were included but the 7 Pro (Non 5g) wasn't.

I came here to ask this very question, and see I’m not alone.  Misery loves company.  I called in yesterday and stopped at my local store today, both reps were confounded.  It’s stupid - even the two-year-older OnePlus 5 gets some trade-love.  My guess is that whoever wrote these promos doesn’t understand there is a 7Pro and a 7Pro 5G.  But I’m not pulling the trigger until I get confirmed.  Heck, Verizon will give us $700 for the 7Pro.  I’m not looking to switch providers, but $700 is pretty generous.

I just got back from the store and had this happen to me. The manager was just as confused as I was. He said that at the very least, it *should* be eligible for the Pixel 6 (the Pro promotion is specifically for trading in a 5g phone) but when he called the mother ship, they told him to offer me $40. He told me that it *must* be an oversight, and to give it a few weeks for corporate to fix their mistake, but it's pretty messed up.

I just got back from the store and had this happen to me. The manager was just as confused as I was. He said that at the very least, it *should* be eligible for the Pixel 6 (the Pro promotion is specifically for trading in a 5g phone) but when he called the mother ship, they told him to offer me $40. He told me that it *must* be an oversight, and to give it a few weeks for corporate to fix their mistake, but it's pretty messed up.

I spent hours going back and forth with TMo reps on Twitter and Facebook last weekend.  Everyone stated that my OnePlus 7Pro would work for the trade-in.  Then changed their tune when they investigated further.  No reason at all that the 2017 OnePlus 5 qualifies for a trade in and the 7Pro doesn’t.