Question

Are trade-in rebates just a scam?

• 21 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Has anyone ever actually gotten any money back for a trade-in? I’ve been trying to get one for WEEKS now. I’ve called 4 times and each time I spend about an hour explaining it all again to the next person. I get assurances that it will be taken care of, but still nothing!

Problem started when whoever sold me the phone that had a rebate, didn’t attach the rebate to that sale. In too much of a hurry to get that sale done and get that commission I guess!

I’m convinced these rebates are just a SCAM! They don’t even know my issue so apparently no notes are made to my account or records. Gotta be a SCAM!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You will find a number of folks in this community that have similar problems you are having. However, keep in mind that hardly anyone is going to post here that they had no problems. Personally I’ve had a few issues to no issues on trade ins (11 total as a TMO customer) but always managed to get every last penny I was owed. Additionally, one of the issues ended up in my favor and when I reported it, they said I could keep the extra credits. In my personally opinion if everyone who traded in got “scammed”, this would have been shut down a long time ago by FCC (as a mobile carrier) and SEC (as a public company) regulators. Officers of Tmobile would also be in prison.

This doesn’t help with your specific issues, but it sounds like it was a manual mistake and not a SCAM so you could reach out to Tmobile Twitter support to get help directly.

My service activated thru from Costco wireless in May 1 2022. it’s has been passed two months now. Costco wireless also followed up these matter nothing done from T-Mobile. This T-Mobile trade-in are completely scammed. I have two I-Phone 11 traded in with excellent condition package with my original boxes packed with bigger box. I have took all the pictures before and after sealed the box to ship. I have received a Texted messages from them said my I-phone 11 have issues. Did not explain what it was. Downgrade my trade in value to $175. I have all the proofs that my two I-Phone are excellent connections. This is totally Scammed Trade-in from T-Mobile. Anyone would files class actions count me in. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

My service activated thru from Costco wireless in May 1 2022. it’s has been passed two months now. Costco wireless also followed up these matter nothing done from T-Mobile. This T-Mobile trade-in are completely scammed. I have two I-Phone 11 traded in with excellent condition package with my original boxes packed with bigger box. I have took all the pictures before and after sealed the box to ship. I have received a Texted messages from them said my I-phone 11 have issues. Did not explain what it was. Downgrade my trade in value to $175. I have all the proofs that my two I-Phone are excellent connections. This is totally Scammed Trade-in from T-Mobile. Anyone would files class actions count me in. 

Just to be clear, you are saying you received $175 trade in credit for your iPhones? Also are you getting any monthly credits applied to the monthly payment of your new phone?

If the answer to both questions is yes, the your total of $175 one time credit plus the total of your monthly credits (usually 24 payments) should equal the total trade in credit you were promised.