Question

Assurant return damaged device package Empty!!

• 26 January 2022
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have been a customer of Tmobile for the last 16 years and have filed 3 claims 2 damaged phones and 1 stolen. I have paid $4,608.00 in total for insurance on my devices. $42,240.00 for phone service. 
I am beyond upset and no is not even the amount I am erroneously being charged by assurant through T-mobile. But is the scam that assurant is able to get away with! 
This is my story, I accidentally damaged my phone in September and filed a claim with assurant for this phone to be replaced, my claim was approved next day and I received my replacement. I sent the damaged phone back to assurant on September 14th and received a notification it was received September 17th in their York PA warehouse. I received a letter in November stating phone was not received, so I called assurant and their Rep stated that they had actually received the phone but the package had not been scanned in. Then I get a charge on my T-Mobile account in December stating assurant never received their damaged device. I call assurant and again I am told the device was received but the packaged had not been scanned. I wait a week and call again and now another rep is telling me the package I sent was empty and it was received empty, so I ask why would I claim a damaged phone and then keep it. Why would I send an empty package and taken the time to tape it and mail it and track it just so I could be told package was received but it is empty so you have to pay full price for a refurbished phone replacement. This is definitely a scam and there is no way that our packages arrive empty. It makes no sense my phone was literally in pieces due to car accident who would steal a damaged phone that had no use. Please T-Mobile investigate assurant and please find another insurance provider for your customers.

26 replies

Userlevel 1

Almost the exact same thing happened to me. I sent my damaged phone back in September, never received a text and got a letter in October. Assurant told me they checked with the warehouse and they had received the phone but it had not been scanned in yet and they would do so. That first rep said they verified that IMIE number.

In January I had the $500 charge hit my bill. I called Assurant again and they told me they would do an investigation. I called back again today 2/4/2022 and they told me that the envelope had been received open and the device was missing.

Even though the first rep had noted in my account that the device was received they were not budging on the $500 fee.

They told me that they weighed the envelope but would not tell me what the wait was and that I would not receive that information. He told me the notes on my account aren't mine and that I was going to pay that money. I spoke to a regular rep who said they did not verify IMIE numbers, but the manager said that they normally do verify them and they didn't so that meant my device wasn't there even though the original rep in October told me he had verified the IMEI number.

Luckily T-Mobile took care of it with a single call and took the fee off of my account but I really do hope they find another insurance agency to partner with. I will be filing a complaint with the Washington State insurance commissioner. Assurant has serious operational issues possibly bordering on criminal judging by the sheer number of complaints I'm seeing with people who have the exact same thing happen. I wouldn't be surprised if workers at this company were trying to make an extra few bucks off damaged phones.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi! I am going through thr same thing, I have been a T-Mobile customer for years and have been on the "jump" program. With that said, upgrade my device or replace my device if it's broken. I ordered a replacement for a cracked screen on my note 10 in October I got the device later that month. I sent the device back within the time frame asked. Because I'm a flight attendant, I couldn't go to tnovle or the postal office in person, so I sent it from the hotel in Washington. It's a locked box so no one other than the postal office could have access to it. I kept calling t-mobile and assurant in regards to the missing phone. They said no tracking information has been processed, and that they were investigating the wearabouts of the phone. In this case it could be an issue with the postal office because it shows it arrived the distribution center in April 25yh and assurant got it the 27th. However, they said the package was empty. I am in the process of investigating because where has this package been all these months ? How didn't get the the distribution center, meaning where did it get picked up from and when, furthermore when they say the package is empty is it open and being delivered like that? (Doubt it)

I would like to know how they are documenting thr pakackage, is it taped? Is it tampered because that's illegal. Something in these empty packages claims feel faulty. 

Not only that, there have been one or 2 instances where I got a call from t-mobile stating that they have received the phone. To give it a few days to process and this was prior to the April 27th claim whwn they supposedly received it. And worse, this company doesn't offer any dispute process or anything because they they claimed they couldn't do anything that the charges were valid because they received the package past the 90 days, i said "well then I would like my old phone back, if I have to pay for it" them they responded yeah the other problem is that the package was empty. So we can't send anything back either. Sorry nothing we can do. They are trying to charge me 700 dollars!

And my service keeps getting disconnected because these charges keep being part of my bill. So it shows that I have a balance due. And approximately every 1p to 15 days my service gets cut off. (And I have to call about every 15 days since January) to make matters worse they cut off the service at the lost inconvenient time. One weekend I got suck in the street because I couldn't order an uber home. And I couldn't call anyone because there was no customer service at 2am. It was scary horrible and extremely frustrating sometimes its a Friday night, a Saturday night or a Sunday night. Amd nothing can be done till I speak to someone cause the system automatically does it, and I have to speak to someone then to give me another 10 to 15 days. This has been a nightmare and I will keep fighting cause something is really fishy and someone is lying. And I sad that the customers who have been loyal for 10+ years, have never had an issue returning a device or paying the bill etc to be treated like we don't matter. Nothing being able to be done to help or prove possible resolutions. Nothing. And I love t-mobile bit I'm seriously questioning if I even want to continue because this has been horrible, and it's mainly with the insurance company that I have an issue with. If anyone else has an issue PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE BBB!!! Overtime your voices can be heard as a whole. And if there is a pattern there is definitely something illegal going on. But to not pay for something if you have enough proof/evidence that you did your part. It's time they do theirs and do the right thing. Stealing/scamming/Lying cannot be tolerated! 

same exact thing is happening to me. i broke a phone had assurant send me a new one. the one they sent me was damaged when i got it , it had a burnt screen so tmobile sent me a new one. i setn back both phones and months later they hit me with a 2600$ bill for two note 20 5g ultra. ive been told they found one then a month later i was told by a manager that NOT ONLY 1 BUT 2 PHOONES GOT SENT BACK TO THEM BITH EMPTY PACKAGES!!!!!  mind you one i dropped off at fedex and one was dropped off at ups. i did not package either phone i showed up to each store (fedex and ups) i showed them the email they scanned the QR code i handed them the phone and i paid the fee and left… i checked the tracking and both ttacking numbers had weight of 1.5 lbs and both were signed for now i am in a dispute with tmobile…. they have magically found one of the phones but they are trying to stick me for the other one. i habe contacted consumer affairs and was sent to telecommunication and cable department. we’ll see what happens but ive found countless stories online of the same nature. could you please let me know what you did and who you contacted to get a resolution? thank you

OMG!!!!!! Literally the same month Sept. when my claim was opened and approved and the same month Nov when the response was "empty package" apparently this is the month when an Assurant employee got their hands on quite a few devices, however for me T-Mobile suspended my 5 lines and my entire family has been without service for a couple of weeks. The reason I haven't gone to another provider is because we have never had issues with the service. However they told me that it would take a week or so for the 2nd level investigation was completed which will be in a couple of day and if my service is not restored, I will go to another provider, keep.all my #s and fight till the end. I know they will send my account to collections but I will call the news, go to consumer agency's, and even get a lawyer, and make a HUGE deal about it, to get it cleared out and out of my credit report. It is obvious something shady went on durint the month of Sept. Everyone with the same issue PLEASE SPEAK UP AND NOT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING!!!!!! SPEAK UP EVERYONE.

Going through the same thing right now. 20 years with them. Only used the insurance a couple times. T-mobile turned off all 5 phones. I spent the day messaging them on a laptop. They told me to pay 215 to get my phones back on. I did. They told me they couldn't turn them back on and that I needed to call Assurant. Clearly I can't call so they call me. They connected me to Assurant and Assurant keeps "trying" to send me to USPS. USPS fraud department is always "closed". They all just keep hanging up on me. T-Mobile reps keep telling me I need to pay the almost $600 for  the phone to turn my service back on. Something fraudulent is going on and I am not paying. My husband is going to the store in the morning to try and talk to someone and call our lawyer. Good to know this is happening to other people. Could get a class action lawsuit. Don't want to but this is garbage! 

I am dealing with the same issue right now, we put a claim on December 2022 we also got our devices,  but I feel like we been scammed,  we did return the broken devices but unfortunately assurant said they received an empty envelope, I did asked them to run an investigation on it because I know I was the one who send back the devices,  I took my time to tape the envelope also to walk in to the post office to make sure they weight and scan the envelope. It is so frustrating to do investigation on assurant and post office,  hoiii , they wanted me to pay $800 for the devices not received,  but I am so frustrating  knowing that I have proof they received the package,  it's a scam,  I do not know what to do now, every time I call they said sorry for the inconvenience but you have to pay , I said what? Can someone please help me with this situation 😫 

I broke my phone in December and filed a claim through Assurant INC. , who sent me a replacement phone.

On December 22, 2022 i returned the broken Samsung Gallexy S 21 Ultra black to Assurant INC. with the provided prepaid postage envelope they supplied. In the month of January Assurant INC. applied a fee of $696.49. Upon seeing these charges I imediately got in contact with T-mobile because the charges were applied to my T-mobile account. T-mobile stated Assurant is responsible billing party and the resolution would have to come from Assurant, they can not take the balance off. I imediately contacted Assurant INC and they stated they have the package but they need 2-4 weeks to process and scan the package to enaure correct device is in package. I allowed the 2-4 weeks but the charges were still there so i initiated contact with Assurant INC. who advised me that the process was taking longer then usual and they still havent scaned the device. These charges are still there today i have continously contacted Assurat INC seeking resolution to which they have provide none and are now stating the package was returned empty and the charged were valid,which is incorrect. I asked them to do a claim through USPS which they wont do. I have a tracking number showing the device was deliverd yet im still being charged. As a result of these charges my phone services has been suspended by T-mobile and can not be restored untill these charges are removed. This has to be illegal and there shold be a lawsuit filed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you used a credit card file a claim to have the charges take off. Send them all the documentation you have. Good luck

So I unfortunately have experienced the very same issue and as later discovered after having to leave T-Mobile and pay a $500 device return fee or whatever that if you track the number from the postal service it shows that package weight as it was scanned through USPS that the device was inside the package at the time it was tender to The postal service giving you evidence to provide to Assurant that they're full of nonsense. I wish I would have known this at the time it was actually a t-force customer service agent that enlightened me to obtain the package weight on the receipt which I no longer had for this but then later discovering that the postal service also weighs the object as a proceeds through their system and is provided on the tracking page for evidence during this type of circumstance

Userlevel 1

Having read all the above, it appears Assurant has a SCAM, and has for many years.  Perhaps we should file a Class Action Suit Against Assurant, and include T-Mobile as a Facilitator of the Scam. 

Userlevel 1

EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD ISSUES WITH ASSURANT NEEDS TO TAKE TO TWITTER WITH THEIR STORY...COMPANIES LIKE ASSURANT NEED TO HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If your device goes missing in transit.  Have it blacklisted and file a claim with the service you shipped it with.

My phone was returned but Assurant said they never received it at all. Stil need to check with the Post office I used. The tracking number listed is not found. I hope assurant honors the late return if the package is found to still be at the post office. The Assurant phone rep seemed to be in a loop and insisted there was no box but an envelope for the return. I only had a box and label.They are totally lost regarding this possibility, Since they sent a replacement phone that was a refurbed device I hope that they will not charge for the full price of an iPhone 12 mini

Going through a similar issue right now. Dropped off my phone at a UPS Store 6 days ago and watched the guy put the package into the USPS bin. Got an email from Assurant yesterday saying they haven’t received the phone yet and when I called them they said they have no information of it being sent. Unfortunately, because it was a UPS Store and it was a USPS label they were unable to give  me a receipt/tracking number, but I’ve used this same UPS Store for years and have never had a problem with them, and again - I saw him drop the package into the USPS bin immediately after I handed it to him. I’ve been a T-Mobile customer since 2004, but this latest experience with Assurant (it was a nightmare just trying to get my claim processed) really has me looking at finally switching my service to someone else. 

I am currently in the same boat. Two months after i shipped the damage product i get a fine for an extra $300. I call assurant and they tell me to contact carrier and file a claim. Because their shipping label had no insurance purchased, usps cant do anything and here i am going back between assurant and tmobile and the best they can do is set a payment arrangement for the extra $300 for a damaged ipad that was returned becuase they cant do anything for me. Ive been using tmobile for close to 15 years now and i think is absurd tmobile wont even look into it or try to find a solution for me.

Looks like T-Mobile is the scam!! I filed a claim in May sent the damaged phone back now being charged for the damaged phone that Assurant says they never received. Same as all of the above. T-Mobile needs to get it's crap together and make sure their insurance is reliable and not a scam. SHAME ON T-MOBILE 

Same thing just happened to me. I got a charge for $800 on a a claim for a damaged phone I returned since May. They barely charged me in October for it. I called them the first representative said they received and scanned it but don't know why they didn't take the charge off, she said she would investigate. Called again today and they said they received it but the package was empty. I asked if the package looked damaged, she said no it did not only it was empty. She told me I have to file a claim with USPS but if this package is not insured this claim is pointless. The phone was inside the package its a fact. I asked her what if this is on their end their warehouse, did they steal it and is their footage and she said that's not available. I am so glad to read all these comments because it makes me feel at ease that it's not just happening to me but they are actually doing this. This is really wrong to do this to any person, I would never want anyone to feel this way. I pray that if they are doing something illegal that they are held accountable for it. 

So a month ago when i wrote on here about this claim i was frustrated going back and fourth with assurant tmobile and usps. My only way i figured to fix this was to conplain and leave bad reviews. Anywhere i could including here. But the bad review that got me on the line with a tmobile representitive manager was through the text msgs tmobile sends after speaking to a regular representitive and i left all “0”. The text msg comes from a 1112#. I got a call from a nice young lady named aria. She listened and understood my frustration and actually 3 wayed assurant and stayed quiet in the background and personally heard how dismissive their representatives were even after i mentioned how this was a recurring issue they had, and then spoke up and asked to speak to their manager. Once he got on the phone it was the same she was quiet and then stepped in when they tried to blow me off once again. And once she spoke up he explained that now my package arrived empty. And that when the packages are recieved from the carrier empty they are to make notations if the box is tampered with or if empty. In my case had niether. Therefore he said he would go look at the box/pictures of the box if it looked damage it was on the carrier. But if not he would cover it. And came back and all he could say was he would cover the cost and was able to remove the payment. This is rediculous i had to take a whole day off of work to deal with this nonsense considering how big of a company tmobile is. Definitely disappointed but very happy Aria was able to reach out and help me take care of this. Atleast now i know to make sure i personally take it to the usps window and pay for an insurance policy to make sure it doesnt happen again. I hope this helps somebody solve this. And if they charge u the money they will reimburse u the money but may take up to 30 days.

Looks like T-Mobile is the scam!! I filed a claim in May sent the damaged phone back now being charged for the damaged phone that Assurant says they never received. Same as all of the above. T-Mobile needs to get it's crap together and make sure their insurance is reliable and not a scam. SHAME ON T-MOBILE 

Same thing just happened to me. I got a charge for $800 on a a claim for a damaged phone I returned since May. They barely charged me in October for it. I called them the first representative said they received and scanned it but don't know why they didn't take the charge off, she said she would investigate. Called again today and they said they received it but the package was empty. I asked if the package looked damaged, she said no it did not only it was empty. She told me I have to file a claim with USPS but if this package is not insured this claim is pointless. The phone was inside the package its a fact. I asked her what if this is on their end their warehouse, did they steal it and is their footage and she said that's not available. I am so glad to read all these comments because it makes me feel at ease that it's not just happening to me but they are actually doing this. This is really wrong to do this to any person, I would never want anyone to feel this way. I pray that if they are doing something illegal that they are held accountable for it. 

This is totally ridiculous for T-Mobile to still be working with a company that is a scam. I too am going through the same thing as others. The stories I have read are the exact same as mines. Months later I get billed for not returning damaged phone. Assurant workers are so dismissive. I am beyond frustrated to have to keep calling back trying to get this resolved. I have my receipt from post office and tracking number. Been with T-Mobile for 6 plus years and this will definitely be a reason I leave the company for allowing this scam to continue to go on. 

Badge

Yep, these folks are either incompetent or fraudulent. T-Mobile stone walled me, Assurant stone walled me. This is a scam of epic proportions. Between the Monthly fee, the deductible, then claiming “empty envelope”, and likely refurbished phones at pennies on the $. Yep, first and last time I’ll buy insurance and I am going to buy out my contract and NEVER come back to T-Mobile again. Worst service ever and worst customer experience ever. And I made it through the AT&T to Cingular to AT&T to Cingular to AT&T in the 2000’s :D

I have been a customer of Tmobile for the last 16 years and have filed 3 claims 2 damaged phones and 1 stolen. I have paid $4,608.00 in total for insurance on my devices. $42,240.00 for phone service. 
I am beyond upset and no is not even the amount I am erroneously being charged by assurant through T-mobile. But is the scam that assurant is able to get away with! 
This is my story, I accidentally damaged my phone in September and filed a claim with assurant for this phone to be replaced, my claim was approved next day and I received my replacement. I sent the damaged phone back to assurant on September 14th and received a notification it was received September 17th in their York PA warehouse. I received a letter in November stating phone was not received, so I called assurant and their Rep stated that they had actually received the phone but the package had not been scanned in. Then I get a charge on my T-Mobile account in December stating assurant never received their damaged device. I call assurant and again I am told the device was received but the packaged had not been scanned. I wait a week and call again and now another rep is telling me the package I sent was empty and it was received empty, so I ask why would I claim a damaged phone and then keep it. Why would I send an empty package and taken the time to tape it and mail it and track it just so I could be told package was received but it is empty so you have to pay full price for a refurbished phone replacement. This is definitely a scam and there is no way that our packages arrive empty. It makes no sense my phone was literally in pieces due to car accident who would steal a damaged phone that had no use. Please T-Mobile investigate assurant and please find another insurance provider for your customers.

This is unbelievable how many people deal with this! I am dealing with the same thing! I sent in the device in september and they waited until the end of november to add 500 dollars for the phone that they said I did not return but I did. They automatically took out the money after I went to the store and got a collections hold on it. When I called to get a refund the person said someone took off the hold, took out the money, and put the hold back on and that that shouldn't have happened. They sent the refund in just for me to be told the refund was not approved. I called back and am currently waiting for the money to be refunded. I called assurant to get this off of my bill in november and they told me it was their fault and that the package was not scanned and that she would leave a note and it would take up to 2 billing cycles to come off. Well now I called today (december 10th) for me to talk to 16 different people! and all of them tell me there is no device in the package!!! I know I sent it back I have a picture for when I sent it out. They continued to tell me “I’m sorry I understand you’re frustrated but there is nothing in the device therefor you have to pay the 500 dollars”. I have not gotten anywhere with them and have to pay 500 dollars even though I did what they said and sent the phone back. They told me that there is nothing in the package but then proceeded to tell me they cannot scan the IMIE code so there’s nothing in the package. Then I had a guy tell me that assurant would not accept a package that does not have a weight to it after I asked them why I would send an empty package. So he says that but then proceeds to say the package is empty. On top of that I kept asking if the reason they cannot accept the package is because the IMIE code was not in there (Small pieces of the phone were in the package because my fiance ran his phone over with the lawn mower and we sent back what was left of the phone that we could find) and the person just kept saying that the package was empty. I said did you look at the package in person? He said it is empty and so it cannot be scanned. The 16 people I talked to just kept going in circles and telling me I have to pay and that the package was empty and did not help with anything. I was on the phone for over 3 hours and eventually kept asking for the persons higher up supervisor to which they put me on hold and said they would get the supervisor just for the last guy to tell me over 3 hours later that he would have the highest boss call him tomorrow. I am sure that will not happen. They took my entire paycheck the day I was paid except for 120 dollars. I have a car payment, car insurance, a mortgage, a bed, credit cards and health insurance due this week, as well as 3 dogs that need food. 

Badge

I found a solution to the lack of Customer Service and Accountability from both TMobile and Assurant. File Better Business Bureau cases against both. Miraculously, the Executive Customer Service members CAN be contacted, listen, roll their eyes that it didn’t get to them sooner, and amazingly the charges can now be reversed. 

This is honestly crazy what’s happening! Been w/ T-Mobile since 2004 and I never had problems with (ass)urant until this past couple of years. Now they’re constantly “Not receiving the device(s)” or the “boxes are received but empty inside”. Totally unsat! I got forked with a bill and then had to wait for them to find it or receive and when they did (Finally) they said ‘it’ll be reversed automatically’… that became ‘it’ll reflect on my next billing cycle or two’… 4 months I’m calling every week to get my money back, lines getting suspended, fees., etc,. Thank God the T-Mo reps are great (not all, not all, not all but most) and they were calling with me until it was completed. Here I am again dealing with it again. I cancelled my insurance completely since it makes no sense to even have them, they lose it and I’ll be charged so what difference does it make besides me keeping my money for when it happens I handle it on my own and won’t have to wait for it. Hope and pray for it to reach (ass)urant…

2 Corinthians 11: 6 ‘but though I be rude in speech, yet not in knowledge…’ 

Anyway, I got hit with an $1100+ tab today and it’s disheartening. T-Mobile can’t do anything about it and looking at how it’s been happening to all of you other customers, it seems like I’m being taken for money and I really hope not. I’m a disabled Marine veteran with six kiddos. It’s taking food out of their mouths and clothes or sneakers off their bodies. This isn’t right and it’s no coincidence that it’s happening to so many ppl.  I understand there are some crooked ppl out here in the world, but c’mon bruv. This isn’t it. Michelle (my T-Mobile customer rep.) was a legit consummate professional and helped me as best she could/can! If it wasn’t for her I’d drop t-mobile today! After 20 years 😔. I hope they find the devices and I hope I’m not being scammed by the insurance agency. 

Peace of Christ all of you. Have a blessed day. 
Raj

I found a solution to the lack of Customer Service and Accountability from both TMobile and Assurant. File Better Business Bureau cases against both. Miraculously, the Executive Customer Service members CAN be contacted, listen, roll their eyes that it didn’t get to them sooner, and amazingly the charges can now be reversed. 

Thank you for this information ma’am. I’ll probably just do this and save further headache(s)!

Have a blessed day. 

Raj Douglas

I have been dealing with a concerning issue with Assurant Inc. Since 12/12/2023. This is the first time in over a decade that I experience an issue to this extent.

After 1.5 months of delays on their end due to the phone being out of stock in any color on their end they offered the following:

purchase the replacement out of pocket, send  the damaged phone, and wait for a reimbursement check 10 days after they recieve it. 

After following up via email on 02/02/2024 about the much needed reimbursement they responded 02/05 with the following:

"Upon review of your claim, I did find your tracking number has been received by our Device Care Center on Friday 2/2/2024 at 1:40 pm and is waiting to be checked into your claim. This process can take 3-5 business days to complete. "

I followed up again and received a response on 02/09 indicating

"While the processing of a package in our warehouse normally takes up to 5 business days, our warehouse has advised that there is currently a backlog in processing of return packages. Unfortunately, due to this, the confirmation of your return could be delayed. We do not have an ETA as to how long this will take."

At this point it's become unreasonable how long it's taking. After no update I emailed on 02/16 with the same question about when will they send my reimbursement check. It was hard to understand how they could recieve the package and continue to ask me to wait for it to be scanned. 

02/16 I asked them to reach out to the Device Care Center to confirm as to why it's not scanning. I became suspicious and even more concerned at this point. 

After waiting with no updates or any communication on their end after 5 business days I reached out on 02/22 kindly asking for an update.

02/23 they emailed:

"I have reviewed your claim and I see our Device Care Center replied to our DCC inquiry about your damaged device on 2/20/23. They have confirmed that they have alerted our LV receiving department. Please allow 3-5 business days from then to receive reply at which time the claim will be noted by our Device Care Center". 

At this point I am increasingly frustrated and tired of the ongoing message of "please allow 3-5 business days". After how many more times of waiting 3 to 5 business days? 

At this point I decide to call and the first rep reiterates that I have to wait 3 to 5 business days. The call lasted 30 minutes. 

I call on 02/27 and ask to speak to a supervisor. She repeated the phone hasn't been scanned and I have to wait 3 to 5 business days. 

I begin to suspect that someone has stolen my phone and I am becoming increasingly upset about the lack of transparency. 

I called today 02/28 and the first supervisor  relays incorrect information that is irrelevant to my claim. After 18 minutes I asked him for an update and he hung up on me. 

I called again and luckily encountered a competent supervisor named Jessica. She was able to take details notes, followed up with the warehouse, and gave me a relevant update. 

I will now have to wait for 3 to 5 business days for the documentation she submitted to process. Afterwards I have to wait 10 business days for the check to be mailed. I felt that she took time to understand and took steps to figure out what is actually going on. 

Plenty of people on the Better Business Burue, Reddit, Twitter, and this forum have complained about the same issue occurring over the last 2 years. I worried even more even though Jessica was reassuring after reading about similar experiences.​

i reached out to a competent tmobile rep (not the first one I called)  who did a three way call with another assurant supervisor and I. She took notes in the background. The same information the most helpful supervisor (Jessica) informed me was reiterated by Todd. I wanted the tmobile rep to document whether or not I will be unexpectedly charged if the phone is allegedly not scanned. Todd confirmed my phone was not located and technically lost. 

After Todd's update the helpful tmobile representative asked for clarity. Am I in the last step of the process? Are you confirming that a check will be issued 10 business days after the documentation is processed in 3 to 5 days?"

SHE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION IVE BEEN ASKING SINCE 02/02/2024. IT HAS BEEN 19 business days. 

The waiting time has reset. I will wait 20 more business days before following up with them again. I hope I don't have to email or call for an update at the end of March. I want my phone back or for them to finalize this prolonged process. 

Hopefully they notice a pattern. They are going to lose customers. 2 of my phones will no longer be insured by this company.