Question

Autopay Quit Working

• 15 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

After having been enrolled in autopay ever since I started on the prepaid plan, last month I received notification that autopay was unsuccessful.  My card number did not change.  I logged into the T-Mobile website to re-enter my card info, the website said it was an invalid card number (it’s not.). I called customer service… the representative was very nice, and entered my card number multiple times on her computer.  She kept getting the same invalid card number message (again… it’s not.)  I went to my local T-Mobile store, and waited for a while, then a representative was able to process my payment in-store.  The point of autopay is convenience, but if I’m going to have to go to the store ever time I need to make a payment because they can’t solve the problem which is obviously on their end… I might just switch carriers.  Any idea as to what the problem is?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey Espntech! You are totally right that autopay is there to relieve some of the stresses that come with bills. It doesn’t happen often, but I have seen that error when the card number is actually valid like in your case. I am not sure what part of the card validation actually fails, but that can be extremely annoying. One trick that you can try is to fully remove the card and turn of autopay all together. Then try turning autopay back on and add the card information. I have never tried it personally on a prepaid account, but I did do that a few times when I was taking calls for our postpaid customers. If that doesn’t work, then what our experts should be doing is filing a ticket when that situation occurs. That way we can get a deeper look behind the scenes to find out what is actually happening and get a true resolution. 

I sincerely apologize that they didn’t file a ticket at the time, but I hope this trick works for you.