Been a loyal T-Mobile customer since before Voicestream

• 14 September 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge

I have been a loyal T-Mobile customer since and before they purchased Voicestream, So I went in today to add a line and partake in a bogo deal and I was told that I couldn’t add a new line to my plan and that I have to switch plans to a plan that will cost me over hundred dollars to add a line to my current plan. To make it all worst the first rep I spoke with HUNG-UP on me and did call me back. I spoke with retention, told them about sweet deals other carriers are offering and I was told sorry can’t help you. 

So T-Mobile would rather loose an almost two decades old LOYAL customer…

Sad, but reality. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What plan do you have? Even some grandfathered plans can have lines added to them.

Badge

I have T-Mobile One. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

How many lines do you currently have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have the Tmobile One 55+ plan and the only time I can add a line is usually in November when they run a promo.

Badge

I have three lines

Badge

But yet all the new customers can get discounted plans and brand new phones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I pay $60 for 2 lines that I wouldn’t change my plan for even for a new phone.

Try contacting Tmobile support using messenger on Tmobile’s Facebook or Twitter page and see if they can get the line added for you.

Badge

Well I figured speaking with retention would at least try to find something. I guess I won’t be missed when I depart either.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

a little something to keep in mind..once you are with another carrier..and have been there two + years...you are no longer a new customer and you will be right back to square one again when trying to get the new guy deals.

Badge

I know! But at least I’ll have other carriers that I’ll be new to. Basically in order to get a deal out of most carriers they require you to be new Customer, so I guess I’ll be a new customer every couple years and probably a newer device deals. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I know! But at least I’ll have other carriers that I’ll be new to. Basically in order to get a deal out of most carriers they require you to be new Customer, so I guess I’ll be a new customer every couple years and probably a newer device deals. 

the reason you dont hear of many people doing this (or doing it for very long) is its a royal pain in the butt to have to do this every couple  years..it gets old fast lol.