Solved

Being charged for a phone I have returned. Help?

• 14 November 2018
  • 23 replies

I am being charged for a phone I have returned. I have a tracking number and a receipt that I had dropped it off and the package got there. But I am still being charged $800. WHY???

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 19 November 2018, 19:23

View original

23 replies

T-Mobile has a pretty bad reputation for taking a long time to process returned phones. My advice is to keep paper copies of everything. Don't rely on phone calls and become familiar with the Fair Credit Billing Act.

Userlevel 4

Hey there! We can take a closer look at what is going on with your return. Have you had a chance to speak with our folks over the phone yet?

Userlevel 3

Hey, @emokid_08​!

That's a lot of extra money to be added to your phone bill. Our account experts definitely need to take a closer look at why we're not showing the phone returned in our system. Please Community-2153 via 611 or work with T-Force over Facebook/Twitter.

I had the same issue, I sent a phone back when i received my note 8 (pre order) noticed in 12/17 was still being charged called and opened up a ticket but never got a response, so I called back again in June/July area was told the ticket "fell through the cracks" and no status on it so they opened another one, was told I would be reached by someone with a status update.. 3 weeks go by no response. I call them, they said we dont have the phone but we will open another ticket.. another week goes by no response, call them and told they dont have the phone and tickets were closed same day.

They opened a fraud case against it at that point, still nothing. I had to go to Twitter to get someone to assist, 4 months later, my account is finally cleared to use my Jump On Demand as of this past Friday (11/16) @drnewcomb2

I would have written a letter after 30 days.

@bcardinalsh where did you send the old phone to? I have not been able to get an answer from anyone... can you help me?

following, same issue!!!!

Same here and it’s frustrating as heck!!!.

I finally did receive my refund two days ago. No emails or anything but the devices were received by the warehouse on 02/06 and my refund was back on my card 02/18. They should offer some type of tracking system for this.

they printed me a pre packaging label at the store and i just shipped it.  I went to Twitter and @ them there, got in contact with someone who assisted me ASAP. they had no idea what happened, but just credit me back from the point I started calling until the phone was paid off.

Whats the point of asking for help from tmobile when everyone over there will take their precious time until it goes over to collections. Got fraud by tmobile 3 times. Made me join promotion for free tablet and got charged for about 2 years ( i called alot) ended up paid everything. Also got charged for fraud account. It took really long time to be solved bc everyone told me different information. One rep told me they already filed a fraud. One rep told me i have to send certain documents but they told me one by one. If they told me all the documents they needed in the first place. I didnt have to waste a time kept calling them. Finally last documents i had to send. It was during christmas and new year so i sent it after holidays. They sent it to collections saying its my fault. Lastly, they charged me for returned phone that was more than a 6 month ago saying i never returned and no found in warehouse. I also called bunch of times. They said "it takes time to get adjusted in the system" more than a 6 month later. They said i never returned so i pay everything. Too bad i only have email confirmation with tracking number from ups. Who would thought they will scam me after more than a half year. Tracking number doesnt exist anymore and im stuck with the bills for returned phone. I only have few payments left and im leaving tmobile for good. I regret switching over to tmobile in the first place. This all 3 fraud happened straight during about 3-4years of being tmobile customer. Never ever get tmobile. Life lesson learned. Keep your receipt forever and make sure receipt doesnt get ruined ot erased. Usually even ups tell you to keep it for at least 3 month just incase. Who would thought they will do this after several months past.

I came here today thinking surely I’m not the only one that’s having the issue of being charged for a phone I returned but I see this has been happening for years before me. I’m frustrated at this point TMobile leaves me choice but to go to my local chamber of commerce to file a consumer arbitration claim against them. 😞

Keep updates posted please   LovelyladyCapricorn

I believe I’m headed into the same situation.

My new phone was received by TMobile this morning and this afternoon I got a text and email reminding me to send back my trade in. I was well within the return time frame, in fact a support agent emailed me the return authorization and prepaid label. Good thing I have photos, docs and witnesses, Hate to have to get legal with them over something so straight forward.

BTW, I’m a Capricorn too.

Hi this is also happening to me now! I don't know what to do!

I feel bullied and forced to pay for a device I already returned and have proof of return. I can't get through by phone for help because they demand payment. Chat has been a relief at first but reps tell you that the dispute has been reversed or that you will receive an email in 3-5 days but nothing! No resolution or contact. Then you reach out again and are repeating the same story over and over. Is this some kind of scam? I can't believe Tmobile is like this and doing this to people. It's so clear when you return a device new you get a refund not charged again and then some.

Please help me someone I dont know what to do! I'm so stressed and frustrated and worried. How to fix this situation and put my account back to normal billing! 

please please someone help me! 

I feel bullied and forced to pay for a device I already returned and have proof of return. I can't get through by phone for help because they demand payment. Chat has been a relief at first but reps tell you that the dispute has been reversed or that you will receive an email in 3-5 days but nothing! No resolution or contact. Then you reach out again and are repeating the same story over and over. Is this some kind of scam? I can't believe Tmobile is like this and doing this to people. It's so clear when you return a device new you get a refund not charged again and then some.

Please help me someone I dont know what to do! I'm so stressed and frustrated and worried. How to fix this situation and put my account back to normal billing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I feel bullied and forced to pay for a device I already returned and have proof of return. I can't get through by phone for help because they demand payment. ……..

Fair Credit Billing Act.

So apparently this is a T-Mobile issue, because I didn't have this problem before I was fully transitioned from Sprint. I took my return to a drop-off point and the logged it as received. The next month, I noticed it was still on my bill, and called SPRINT. They told me that they could see that I had dropped it off, so my responsibility was fulfilled. BUT... it didn't leave the drop-off point for three weeks, so it didn't get logged in as received until after the return window. So, even though they have the phone, and Sprint said I was good, T-Mobile is still billing me almost $1000 for the phone THAT THEY HAVE. Shouldn't this be grandfathered in since my initial business was still under Sprint? Make it make sense!!

I am dealing with the same thing returned the for buyers remorse and got another phone first it was they lost at warehouse thought that pretty convenient since it was an 1800 phone after months of calling handset claims they finally found it and I was told it would he taken of I got sick and didn't pay much attention to my bills and then when I go to see about upgrading another I notice my line is still being charge 50 for the phone I returned 18 months I have been paying for it and 50 for the one I brought instead 900 and when I talk to someone they tell me oh it didn't qualify because they lost the phone for 3 months i have been with T-Mobile for yrs and this crazy I should not being paying 1800 for phone I turned two after I bought it because I didn't like it I have the emails they have all the claims I should have a credit and should stop the 50 for the monthly payments I am not paying 18 more months what to I have to do apparently this a common thing and it's not right 

I am just now finding this thread, because I have the same issue. I have a phone that was returned because it arrived to me defective on August 5, 2023. The warehouse received my return on August 17, 2023 according to the UPS tracking. However, supposedly, T-Mobile can’t find it. I’ve been billed for this device twice now and I’ve been through the ringer over this issue for 2 months now!! I’ve spoken to many. many associates, even supervisors. I’ve been told this issue would be resolved by my September 2023 bill. It was not however. Who can help?

Badge

I actually thought this issue couldn't possibly be something that is common. I have been charged for two phones that I have returned. I tried to return the phones at a T-Mobile store. I was told the store does not accept the returned phones. I was instructed to bring the phones to UPS with the return label and box that T-Mobile provided. I then did so that same day. I was then billed for both phones $2,400.00. 

I called and provided the tracking number and UPS confirmed phones was delivered to dock in Texas, within the 14day time period. The T-Mobile representative stated that they received the phones and that they have just not been processed. We decided to turn off auto payment so, I wouldn't pay for phones while in process. The T-Mobile representative instructed me to continue with my regular payments and the $10 dollar auto-pay will be credited to me at a latter date.

Thereafter,  seemingly at weekly basis for 2 to 3 months my account is turned off. I would call every time (hours) and the T-Mobile representative would respond with. Sorry, we received the phones but my account has not been credited.

The T-Mobile representative would turn my account back on and said no reconnection fee will be charged and they will start a investigation and/or wait for completion and/or speak with back office and respond. 

To date, I have been billed many times for reconnection fees and have not been credited for the 10 dollar auto-pay nor the phones.  

I then decided to give up, considering I rely on the phone to be working for my business with clients on different time zones.  This issue had an effect on my business and alarm system.

I called to cancel and asked for the phone that I paid in full to be unlocked. The T-Mobile representative stated that I must pay for the other two phones and bring the account in good standing. 

So, apparently I need to pay T-Mobile $2,400 for one phone to be unlocked that I already paid for.

Hmmm, thoughts anyone 🤔 maybe this is how  T-Mobile gets free phones to offer free phones?

Contact the CEO of T-Mobile on Facebook. That’s what I had to do to get my issue, resolved. He assigned a team member from the CEO level to my case, and I was able to get my issue resolved quickly. 

Badge

That is interesting,  how do I find him/her on Facebook?

Can't believe this many people have been subject to this issue. I been with TMO for over 22 years. To have them just toss my concerns to the side is unbelievable. I used the label they sent me in the box of the replacement phone they sent. Took a picture and got the proof of delivery from UPS. They claim the warehouse didn't scan.

That's not my fault! There is a problem from the warehouse drop off point and where it should be scanned in. Now I am being charged $414 for a item that I have proof it was returned.

I have spoke with representative after representative claiming they understand and it will be taken care of. That was months ago.

Now I get a call saying they still don't have any there is nothing they can do. In other words I need to pay anyway. Not so. Who can I send my proof to and get this bill cleared?

Emailed Mike Seivert , but it won't get answered.

Someone at TMO seen this can you help. Really hate to switch after all these years as a loyal customer.