Being charged for device tmobile received but cannot locate

• 16 February 2022
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

In January of 2022 I purchased a new iphone pro 13. I received the device and on the same day requested to return it because it was too small. I was sent a shipping label from tmobile for UPS. I packed up the device in the exact same packaging and mailed it the next day. In the meantime I had ordered the PRO MA X instead. I paid $119.03 for the first phone and was told I would be refunded once the device is returned. After a few weeks I followed up and was told the device was received by tmobile on January 11 and that my refund was being processed. Another week goes by no refund. I called and was told it could take up to 30 days and its still processing. Last week I check and still no refund so I called and was told by a “tmobile expert” that they never scanned in the IMEI number that is why I didnt get my refund yet. She assured me this would be taken care of etc. Fast forward to today...I got a call from tmobile, the same “tmobile expert” and she said you havent received the refund because we have not received the device!!!!! The package was shipped via UPS and shows delivered. So now tmobile tells me the that because they cannot find it not only will I not be refunded my $119 but they will continue to bill me the $36 per month for a phone that i DO NOT HAVE.  I know for 100% fact that the device was returned therefore that means either someone at UPS stole it or Tmobile has an internal theft problem because i returned the phone. The tmobile rep insisted it was impossible for theft to occur therefore in other words calling me a liar. I have 12 active lines with tmobile in good standing and recently brought people over from At&t. I cannot believe tmobile is willing to lose a customer over $119.  Last month it was discovered that they were billing me $20 a month for a tablet i received in a promotional offer in 2020 but had returned it a couple days later. They system showed i returned the device but they continued to bill me. Ultimately they refunded me $350 however this goes to show you how messed up the system is. The past month I have received nothing but the run around about my refund and to now say you cannot locate the device that shows delivered and that you are going to charge me is insane.  I am so upset that I will no longer refer anyone to Tmobile, I am going to cancel all my lines, report this to the Better Business Bureau and considering legal action just for the principal of the matter!  They claim they have done all they can do and until the phone is located oh well they will continue to bill me. Mind you the phone isn’t showing activated or anything. This is absurd and highly disturbing. They also refused to tell me the contents of the box. All they kept saying was the phone was not in there. At this point i have reached my wits end with Tmobile. I do not need the to go through hours and weeks of phone calls just to try and scam someone for $119. I dont need the the money that bad but at this time its the principle of the matter. Beware to future potential customers. Think twice before going to Tmobile. I regret ever buying the phone via the app! There is no recourse on Tmobile’s end. It all falls on the customer and that is truly a shame!!!!! 

22 replies

Ditto 3 or 4 words CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!! I've been charged for a phone I haven't had over a year. I returned and they said they don't have it. I don't have it! Wth!. I just sent a Samsung fold back. LIKE IMMEDIATELY I knew the phone was too heavy and not for me they received this phone a week ago yesterday. They escalated it what does that mean to me? They escalated it again. I asked, what do you think is going to happen that hasn't happened from the first escalation. I estimate that this ordeal has cost me over $1k. This is a scam. I'm done with tmobile but will join the lawsuit that they are scamming people out of. This has to be in the millions. Seeing how all of us are having the same experience. Can you imagine the mounds of money 💰 they are obtaining from people fraudulently even after you are getting confirmation saying it was delivered! WOW JUST WOW

Clearly T-Mobile is either scamming their customers or they have a theft situation in their warehouse!  I returned a Samsung smart watch and have the proof of delivery with tracking number yet it was never removed from my bill. I called and they said oh it wasn't entered in the system, I'll provide the delivery confirmation and get this resolved in 5 days. I just received an email "T-Mobile handset order research request" stating they have no record of the IMEI being received. As the device was not associated with any device offer, buyer's remorse or handset exchange, we are unable to take any action.

I WILL be taking action, first thing is filing an official complaint with the Attorney General office. The next action will be to file a complaint with the BBB and then I will start sharing my experience on social media. Btw I have 5k friends on FB. Yelp reviews will also be posted and Google reviews.

Btw I also had the same experience previously with being charged for an additional line for a tablet I didn't have for years and had asked that it be removed, only to find out it was still on my bill YEARS later! There are more honest companies out there.....   Check out US MOBILE....

Userlevel 1

It certainly sounds like T Mobile is fully aware that items “disappear” at the warehouse and take no responsibility for it. They know people cannot just get rid of their phone service.

I also returned a home internet device they state they can’t find but I have proof of delivery using the tracking from the return label THEY PROVIDED. So I know they have the proof of delivery too. No one will allow me to send the proof of delivery to them or give me an email address to send it to. They are turning a blind eye and billing me $370+ anyways.

I thought I was the only one T-Mobile was doing this to. I have been charged a $397 fee for a home internet device they claim they can't find. I've been with them for 10 years and cant believe they are doing this to a loyal customer. 

Same here. Been a T Mobile customer for over a year. I had ordered a Pixel 6 pro device, I was scammed over the phone that the device was great and it does not have any over heating and cellular connectivity issues but I experienced the opposite and I returned the device through the shipping label sent to me through email. When I track the status of the delivery on the UPS website it says it has been delivered. I have been following up with them regarding the delivery for the past 2-3 weeks but I was told that the item has been received but there is some delay in processing the item and now suddenly I got a call saying nothing is there in the box and I'll be charged for the rest of the reminding time which is unfair and unjustified. They are unable to track and tie the IMEI number to any of the numbers on the account as well. They don't even want to send me a copy of the conversation that was being told over the phone. This is very fishy. Is T Mobile trying to scam the customers? The customer cannot do anything for something that is beyond his control. I requested the service support to escalate the issue and he told me that he is doing it and he has kept my call on hold for the past 30 minutes. Is T Mobile trying to cheat it's loyal customers? 

I have been a customer since 2009 never had a problem until they switched from sprint to T-Mobile.

I upgraded my phone on line it said if I sent the old phone back the new one would be free so I did .  

when I got my new phone I sent the old phone back they said they would credit my account that was back in May. As of today 10/9/2022 still no credit I also got a smart watch at the store where i live after a few days it would go dead after a few hours. i took it to the store where they said i had to call customer services so i called customer service they keep saying i had to take it to the store. I finely got to send the watch back but now they are charging me for 2 watch's and a phone that supposed to be free . i would not recommend T-Mobile to anyone     

Userlevel 1

So I ended up filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and lo and behold heard from T Mobile the next day. They were still not going to take responsibility for what happened but did close out the phone bill and stop charging me. I would recommend that route.

It's happening to me too. I called after many months of not paying attention to my bill and the rep over the phone during the summer told me they had the phone in the warehouse after I had returned it to the nearest UPS store. Just a few minutes ago I spoke to a supervisor about what happened and she said 2 alarming things. 1 she said whenever they say they're recording for quality and training purposes it's only at random and it's just more for training purposes because she told me they can't check the call log from the conversation I had with the rep. The rep told me they had the phone in their warehouse and they needed just to scan it in. The same thing almost happened to 2 other equipment I sent them back. They said they lost them and kept charges on my account but after I pressed t mobile to look for this stuff they finally found them. Is there any way we all can form a class action suit? Because the way it looks T mobile engaged in theft. By the way the supervisor blamed UPS and told me to speak to them and I said no because it'll all be a run around. T mobile needs to refund me and stop stealing money from my account. What they should do is take of the situation leaving the customer out of the conflict. We returned the items and we shouldn't be responsible for anything that happens in the middle of the shipping process. 

I Am in the same situation returned a phone in July and they just told me they received the box but cant locate the phone! Seems like they are just using the same story and just scamming and stealing from people! They opened another investigation to find it,but I am sure they will come up with another excuse! if they don’t find it I’ll definitely leave them and never refer anyone this is just terrible service!

Holy cow! I am going through the same thing right now. Upgraded my device at the T-Mobile store here they took my old phone and away I went. I realized something wasn’t right with my bill (unfortunately 4 months in) and realized they were still charging me for the phone I traded in plus my new one. I’ve been given the run around for the past two weeks now. Basically the same thing they are telling everyone else “we can’t locate it” etc etc. so frustrating and it’s very obvious by all of the similar stories there is a bigger issue going on behind the scenes. I’ve been a customer for almost 5 years now and I cannot believe I’ve ever recommended these people. Ridiculous! 

I also returned a home internet device they state they can’t find but I have proof of delivery using the tracking from the return label THEY PROVIDED. So I know they have the proof of delivery too. No one will allow me to send the proof of delivery to them or give me an email address to send it to. They are turning a blind eye and billing me $370+ anyways.

This just happened to me yesterday!  2 months ago the package was confirmed delivered by UPS to their wearhouse. They are claiming the wearhouse received the box but didn't scan in the item, therefore I owe them $402!  They say i cannot open an investigation with UPS and they claim they cannot contact their wearhouse to see what happened to the package. They threatened to send me to collections if I don't pay for an item they clearly received and gave me no recourse except which payment methods to use. After reading plenty of complaints that others have had the same experience, I'm taking action.

I've already contacted the FCC, and I will follow up with the attorney general, BBB and spread the word on social media that t mobile must be doing so bad they are scamming their customers!

This is unbelievable! I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon back in July and did the trade in upgrade  promo. I sent my iPhone 12 Pro 256gb, got the tracking and the phone was DELIVERED.
Something wasn’t right with my bill so I contacted them and asked if they have received the phone and they said yes they have received it and it will reflect on my bill in the next month or two and I will be credited for the difference. That didn’t happen so I called again and they manually lowered my bill to what I agreed to pay for one month and the next month it’s shot back up so I contacted them again. I went back-and-forth with multiple calls for hours, and they filed a “T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request”. They claimed that they received something because USPS said it was delivered then came back and said it was an empty box. The interesting thing is that I got an email this morning regarding the “T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request” and they put a request in for the WRONG PHONE! They put a request in for the IMEI of new phone I’m using. Class action lawsuit sounds like what needs to happen. I contacted T Force through X/Twitter and am waiting to see if they can make this right… if not, I’m dropping T-Mobile and will put them on blast on all social media sites, warning people! I’m told you can take the phone to the T-Mobile store now for them to send it… imaging that! I wasn’t offered that service in July. Be careful everyone. 

Same. I have been y the company for more than 10 years. Now they want to charge me for a modem i returned and they cant find. The worst part is that they have a totally wrong tracking number that what they gave me.

the representative that helped me was rude and said, “well you don’t have it and we don’t have it, so someone has to pay for it”

I had the same issue. I returned a damaged phone and received a refurbish replacement. Package was received in warehouse but package was empty, etc… The same scenario. If I don’t pay for it I’ll lose my service. After days of being bounced from Assurant to T-Mobile.  I filed a complaint with the FCC and the Attorney General.. Something is definitely going on either at the Assurant warehouse or the post office. 

I have received my credit. 

I brought my kids two Apple phones for Christmas on the T-Mobile website. The first one I ordered arrived around 11/26 and the 2nd on around 12/5. I ordered a 2nd phone because I received an e-mail stating that I can get 2 lines for 90 dollars. I kept both phones in the box under the tree until Christmas and then activated both phones at the same time, which was on the 25th of December, Christmas day.

My son called me this morning to tell me that his phone was disconnected due to nonpayment, but my daughter phone is working just fine. I don’t understand, how can I be billed for service that I never used!

I called Customer Care, but they were no help at all. I asked to talk to a supervisor, but she said that they were in a meeting, then I asked her what state she was in, she said the Philippines! Next, I asked if I could talk to someone that’s in the United States and she told me she could not transfer me. If this is how T-Mobile treat their customers, I don’t think I want to be one. 😡

They are charging me each month for a device they said they didn’t receive.  I also have the UPS tracking and it said it was delivered to the T-Mobile warehouse and they are saying they can not find it!  I am so mad!  I have been dealing with this since May or 2022 - they also said they would give me 800.00 for my phone trade in and are now not giving me any credit at all.  This company need to be in a lawsuit!  I refuse to pay them, they can’t take advantage of people like this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Fair Credit Billing Act

TMOBILE IS TRULY SCAMMING PEOPLE. This exact thing is happening to me now. Date of transaction: October 16, 2023.  I have an iPhone 13 Mini. I pay monthly approximately $25.00 to T-Mobile for Protection Plan Insurance for Assurant.  In October of 2023, my phone started glitching. I called T-Mobile Customer Service at 611 to explain my issue with my phone. They had me send in my phone for a Replacement instead of filing an insurance claim to swap my device with another refurbished phone. I agree. The replacement refurbished phone doesn’t work. The earpiece doesn’t work. I call back Tmobile and they said they will send out another refurbished phone to me. Tmobile then instructed me to return my original device along with the 1 damaged replacement, in 2 seperate return boxes along with 2 UPS return labels that T-MOBILE PROVIDED with tracking #'s 1ZX1392Y9019662064 & 1ZX1392Y9019680311. The labels were created 10/7/23, I returned them to a nearby UPS Store on 10/12/23. UPS tracking revealed BOTH devices were DELIVERED ON 10/16/23 in Fort Worth, TX and RECEIVED BY TMO GRC on the DOCK. 2 Months later, ( and after 60 days had passed to file a claim with UPS if needed someone needed to)  my December bill states I am being charged $803.72 for NON RETURN FEE for both devices. T-MOBILE USA initially told me they never received the phones. Then they said they were at the warehouse. Then they said they were never scanned and so now they cannot be located. Then they said they have one of the phones and are trying to locate the other. Then they said there was nothing they can do and blamed ASSURANT for charging me. I had 3 different Tmobile reps tell me Assurant put the charges on my bill and there was nothing they can do, we had to wait for Assurant to make the adjustment. Weeks pass, no credit. I had to call ASSURANT myself for them to verify there was NO CLAIM WAS EVER MADE,  I did a Replacement with TMobile and TMobile charges for that. So Assurant transferred me back to Tmobile and again I get the run around. Over 10 calls and several hours on the phone for the past month, T-MOBILE continues to state they cannot locate the phones,  but will not remove the charge from my bill. They stated they see one phone “they JUST received” but they cannot locate the other because it wasn’t scanned. Again, I ask for a manager, her name is Hailey and again I had to explain everything again. I explained I sent the devices back with the return labels Tmobile provided me, they show they were delivered to Tmobile. This manager Hailey had the audacity to  state "just because UPS shows they delivered the deceives doesn't mean we received them".  Who does due diligence ?! Who has contacted the “warehouse” to see what happened to these deliveries that are confirmed were delivered?? THE UTTER GALL, this MANAGER HAILEY RESPONDS,  "there is no way for anyone to speak to anyone at their warehouse, so the best thing I can do for you is put you on a payment plan”.  Is this really a business? Is this even legal? This is theft of their customers! This is seriously an ongoing scam. This is by far the most outrageous fraudulent company I have ever dealt with.  I looked this, here, reddit, BBB, etc….this exact situations happens as normal practice. Same exact story from many different people. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau, FCC and everywhere else. This needs to stop, TMOBILE IS A FRAUD! 

This is unbelievable! I switched to T-Mobile from Verizon back in July and did the trade in upgrade  promo. I sent my iPhone 12 Pro 256gb, got the tracking and the phone was DELIVERED.
Something wasn’t right with my bill so I contacted them and asked if they have received the phone and they said yes they have received it and it will reflect on my bill in the next month or two and I will be credited for the difference. That didn’t happen so I called again and they manually lowered my bill to what I agreed to pay for one month and the next month it’s shot back up so I contacted them again. I went back-and-forth with multiple calls for hours, and they filed a “T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request”. They claimed that they received something because USPS said it was delivered then came back and said it was an empty box. The interesting thing is that I got an email this morning regarding the “T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request” and they put a request in for the WRONG PHONE! They put a request in for the IMEI of new phone I’m using. Class action lawsuit sounds like what needs to happen. I contacted T Force through X/Twitter and am waiting to see if they can make this right… if not, I’m dropping T-Mobile and will put them on blast on all social media sites, warning people! I’m told you can take the phone to the T-Mobile store now for them to send it… imaging that! I wasn’t offered that service in July. Be careful everyone. 

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT,,,, LET’S DO THIS!  Thousands will be on board. This is an ongoing scam with Tmobile. 

I actually went to a Tmobile store initially and they refused to take my device because they “didn't want to be responsible for it”….. as if they knew this is an ongoing scam and didn’t want to get involved. 

T-mobile did the EXACT same thing to me. 

I ordered a 14 pro, returned it for a 15pro max . It’s been 6 months since I returned the 14 pro ( and the tracking number shows it was received a week after I sent it ) they say it’s pending in the warehouse and needs to be scanned in, so I need to keep paying for the device until they scan it in. ITS BEEN 6 months and now I’m paying monthly payments for the 14pro and 15 pro max!  I’ve been a customer for 10 yrs! This is disgusting!!!

Don't give up, Ive dealt with similar situations, I've gotten scammed so many times I've cursed people out. T-Mobile really isn't a bad company. I'm not gonna lie I've been recently getting representatives that have been disrespectful, unhelpful and rude. some act like they don't give a shit. But I've also had ones who were the nicest most helpful people ever. I've had representatives I talked to about video games for hours that had nothing to do with the original call, I've even had them listen to me rant about my day and were sympathetic. And some of them do everything they can do give you exactly what you want. Its all random sadly. It's the roll of the dice in who you get. I've had 50/50 the past few months where as when I started with T-Mobile I have zero for 4 months straight. T-Mobile saved me from a bad situation with Verizon. So I'm nothing but grateful to them. Even when I get the crappy people, at&t treated me like crap in person. Even tmobiles physical stores this guy was extremely nice to me and even gave me an insider discount