Billed for a year for unauthorized service add

• 8 October 2019
  • 4 replies

I found out when wife and I were upgrading to iPhone 11's that there was an extra line for $10 a month for a year, that gives a 2nd phone number to a phone.

We did not know the line had been added to our bill because we pay with autopay and I only noticed and asked during the phone upgrade process.

T-Mobile staff told me weeks ago they'd have to escalate, left the line on my account and never got back to me.

I called in today and mentioned I never got a callback.

They said they can only remove charges within 90 days. So if you're on auto-pay, LOOK OUT people, because you can get defrauded.

I have ZERO need or desire for an extra number.  Plus I already have a Google number (and virtually never use it except to avoid SPAM).

Plus the number is an area I have never lived.

First they told me I ordered the service in a store and gave them ID.  Then when I said that's impossible, they said I ordered online and must have signed for it, but there is no evidence that happened.  Really I have NO need for such a service, never asked for it, would not use it, would not waste the money on it. I have good credit, always pay the bills, seldom run into anything like this with any provider and it always turns out there was company error or we were defrauded. I have no reason to lie or play games about something like this.

I asked a number of times how often the number was used, and they couldn't answer. Why would I pay $15 for a service I never use, don't need, doesn't fit my life style, for an out of area number when Google gives you #s for free. It just makes no sense. I believe I'm being ripped off. I can't believe this is legal.

4 replies

Correction $15/mo we've been charged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

If you go back in your bills you can look for usage of that line?

Also did you ever upgrade your phone using one of the BOGO's that require you

to add a line but didn't know about having to add a line?

Userlevel 3

Just checking in on the inquiries above!

-Lauren

Badge

I’M BEING CHARGED 70 DOLLARS FOR TWO LINES I DON’T HAVE!  AVOID THE CORRUPT T MOBILE LIKE THE PLAGUE!  LINES WERE NEVER ACTIVATED. NEVER INSERTED SIM CARDS. I WAS GOING TO SWITCH MY PHONES AND NUMBERS, BUT THEY JUST ADDED TWO STRANGE PHONE NUMBERS AND STARTED CHARGING ME!  WORSE THAN COMCAST!