Billed for a year for unauthorized service add

• 8 October 2019
  • 6 replies

I found out when wife and I were upgrading to iPhone 11's that there was an extra line for $10 a month for a year, that gives a 2nd phone number to a phone.

We did not know the line had been added to our bill because we pay with autopay and I only noticed and asked during the phone upgrade process.

T-Mobile staff told me weeks ago they'd have to escalate, left the line on my account and never got back to me.

I called in today and mentioned I never got a callback.

They said they can only remove charges within 90 days. So if you're on auto-pay, LOOK OUT people, because you can get defrauded.

I have ZERO need or desire for an extra number.  Plus I already have a Google number (and virtually never use it except to avoid SPAM).

Plus the number is an area I have never lived.

First they told me I ordered the service in a store and gave them ID.  Then when I said that's impossible, they said I ordered online and must have signed for it, but there is no evidence that happened.  Really I have NO need for such a service, never asked for it, would not use it, would not waste the money on it. I have good credit, always pay the bills, seldom run into anything like this with any provider and it always turns out there was company error or we were defrauded. I have no reason to lie or play games about something like this.

I asked a number of times how often the number was used, and they couldn't answer. Why would I pay $15 for a service I never use, don't need, doesn't fit my life style, for an out of area number when Google gives you #s for free. It just makes no sense. I believe I'm being ripped off. I can't believe this is legal.

6 replies

Correction $15/mo we've been charged.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you go back in your bills you can look for usage of that line?

Also did you ever upgrade your phone using one of the BOGO's that require you

to add a line but didn't know about having to add a line?

Userlevel 3

Just checking in on the inquiries above!

-Lauren

Badge

I’M BEING CHARGED 70 DOLLARS FOR TWO LINES I DON’T HAVE!  AVOID THE CORRUPT T MOBILE LIKE THE PLAGUE!  LINES WERE NEVER ACTIVATED. NEVER INSERTED SIM CARDS. I WAS GOING TO SWITCH MY PHONES AND NUMBERS, BUT THEY JUST ADDED TWO STRANGE PHONE NUMBERS AND STARTED CHARGING ME!  WORSE THAN COMCAST! 

Absolutely correct.  Tmobile allowed someone in a diffrent city take out a line of service and a new phone on my account. Some clearly forged a signature - and I was able to report within minutes. At first they promise I will not be charged and notice of fraud would be noted. I was assured the store reps would be reprimanded. 

Every-bit of it a lie. Hours on the phone and chat and no body has the ability to do anything but “ notify” the proper Chanel.The last rep was absolutely the rudest I’ve ever spoke to . Sir the charges will reflect on your bill until we have verification the phone is returned” 

WTF is the matter with you people can you not comprehend anything. I told her  I do t care who , what .or where that phone may be -not do I care because it’s not mine.  Over 6 weeks it’s still on my bill and no follow up what so ever . Tmobile is really lost all credibility 

My ordeal is almost exactly the same  but I was lucky and caught on after about 3 months but I’m not autopay- T-Mobile  word for word told me the exact same bs. My information was part of the breach (both of them) and someone has gone into a store in a different state TWICE in 3 months (even after I alerted T-Mobile to the fraud and requested a fraud alert be placed on my account) and posed as me. They have my ssn and drivers license information. All of my devices (two iPads, an iPhone, an android, my computer and even my smart TV have been hacked because of This. The thieves have been able to bypass biometric and 2FA security measures in many of my apps. T-Mobile is worse than hot garbage in their handling of this. I’ll be joining a new carrier as soon as I can.