Question

billing me for an account closed within 36 hours

• 22 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I ported my own Equipment over to T-mobile to try to take a vantage of the 5G Service. Unfortunately I had very slow service even slower than LTE. I called the store and he said to call customer service to close the account which I did. They said there will be no charges as I own my own equipment. Of course I found myself on an auto bill for $105.03 weeks later. This is so fraudulent.  When  numbers are ported they should automatically close the account and auto bill. I am so pissed off that I filed a BBB complaint and an FTC complaint. I could of course challenge the charge with my credit card company but it seems from looking at three years of other complaints that this is common practice for T-mobile. Anyone have a direct line to the executive offices?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm enjoying a bourbon right now but it use to be you were on the hook for 1 month of service even if you canceled your account early but you can try googling the Tmobile terms and conditions.

I suggest contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to see if they can help you they also are a higher tier of support.