Billing Question

Hi there. My bill is higher than it normally is. I have looked online and still don't understand the increase. Any suggestions?

16 replies

No one likes a larger bill! Are you able to compare this bill to previous ones to see if there is an increase anywhere?

I saw the graph that shows month over month charges, last month was $56 and this month is $70.

Ahh okay, we are getting somewhere here. When you look at those specific charges, do you see what the specific increase was for? Did you recently purchase a new phone on an installment plan or did you add a feature to your account like insurance?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Comparing both bills is a good idea. Were you able to find the charges or specific feature that may have caused the increase?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi again.

Just curious if you still need some help figuring out the charges on your bill. Please let us know. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

I am comparing my current bill to last month's bill, and there is about a $14 difference. According to the platform, it says there is no difference between the bills. The detailed billing is also vague for this month as well, so I'm unable to figure out the line item difference. What am I missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hmm. Are you looking at the PDF of the detailed bill or the Bill Details web page? Do you see the separate charges to see if the increase is coming from one or more places?

I downloaded the newest bill and it only shows one line item for T-Mobile One. I'm not able to download the detailed bill for last month.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Wow. So, there's not a multiple page PDF that shows a list of all the charges? Do you get an error message when you try to download the previous bill or does it not show up in the Billing cycle drop down?

Yes I am currently getting an error message for last month. I do have a detailed bill for this month, however.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Okay, so if you see the list of charges, you should be able to download the previous months bill and compare. What error are you getting when you try to get last month's bill?

Looks like there was a glitch in the system for a moment. I was just able to download last month's bill. There isn't much to look at on this detailed bill as there is only one line item, but I guess the name of the plan is not the same. I am assuming that's the difference, but it's weird that the platform doesn't call out the change of the bill like it typically does.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The only thing I can think of is a rate plan change. That may cause a change in price. Did you remember requesting to change your plan last month or make the change yourself?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

We wanna help solve this mystery for you. Please let us know if you've made any plan changes.

@curiousgeoff​, were you able to figure out the differences in your bill and what caused them? MC made a good point that it could be a rate plan change. Let us know if you still have questions.

When I log in via Internet Explorer 11, Latest version of Chrome - on Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 - Anywhere I try to goto "View Bill" I get a Hang Tight message.  [Main Page "View Bill"; "$ Billing" in Menu Bar; "Account History" - "View Bill."]

Whenever I click "Pay Bill" I am taken to the one time payment screen where there is no option to view bill. [Main Page "Pay Bill," the Hang Tight "Pay Bill"]

On the Account History page, the download PDF does not do anything... I click it and nothing happens.

When I goto Profile, and browse the "Line Settings" - "Permissions" the account I am logged in with reports "Primary Account Holder"

When I open the t-mobile app on my iPhone, instead of the App, I am taken to options which ultimately take me to the T-Mobile website with an option at the top to download the same App I have just opened and a message at the bottom to set a Primary Account Holder which from what I can tell is indeed set!

It has been this way now for 2x billing cycles.