This evening i attempted to contact t-mobile to take advantage of the advertised buy one get one iphone 8 offers. I almost thought someone was playing a joke on me the lack of professionalism was mind blowing I thought to myself these conversations couldn’t be happening.
When I called to discuss the deals and promotional devices I was informed by three different representatives some of which stated that they were supervisors or part of the management team. The deal required a transfer/ported number
Representative one stated to take advantage of this service i should cancel my services altogether transfer my account to different company and then transfer my services back so that I can get the discount.
Representative two stated i should take my apple watch activated at sprint then discontinue my service with sprint and have the number ported back over to t-mobile to take advantage of the offer.
Representative three stated maybe i could find a friend/stranger whose number was on a different carriers network then i could port the number over onto my account thus becoming responsible for a strangers bill all this to receive a promotion. Call me crazy but I would think that a company would want to reward loyalty not encourage fraudulent actions or behaviors. Encouraging your customers to seek services elsewhere is a very poor practice indeed.
Best answer by tmo_chris
I am terrible sorry for the confusion
You can find the full details of the promotion here Available rebates
2018 Q1 Apple BOGO Offer
Buy an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X and well-qualified customer's can get another iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X on us (of equal or lesser value; $700 max value) by rebate when both devices are purchased on an equipment installment plan, you port in at least one number on a T-Mobile ONE or select Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited high-speed data plan, and trade in at least one functional, paid off, eligible iPhone, LG, or Samsung device. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance becomes due.
- Promotional Window: January 12 - TBA
- You must meet all these requirements during the promotional window:
- Purchase two new iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X devices on equipment installment plans.
- Port in at least one new voice line onto an eligible rate plan to be used with one of the new devices.
- Trade in an eligible device:
- iPhone: 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, or 5s.
- LG: V20, G6, or G5.
- Samsung: Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S6 Active, S5, S4, Note5, or Note 4.
- Submit a request on the T-Mobile Rebates page (including IMEI entry) using promo code 18Q1APLBOGO within 30 days of second device purchase.