Solved

Brand new iPhone 8 Plus stolen by UPS

• 11 June 2018
  • 3 replies

on 06/03/2018 y bought a brand new IPhone 8 Plus Red

TMobile send my a confirmación by email order number xxxxxxxxx

about 3 day later UPS send my a email with a tracking number with a estimate delivery time 06/07/2018 between 1 pm - 5pm

on that day y was at home and the UPS driver show up at my door with a packet that was empty

I inmedelty refused the packet becaus it was empty .

The Ups driver ask my if there was a  phone inside  because he found it strange that the box had no weight .

I called t Mobile direct with the information that the Iphone was stolen by UPS.

the packet was send back to t Mobile and received today at there warehouse

Now my problem is that y have to wait until T Mobile investigations are finished where the iPhone is .

why as UPS is to blame for the lost a my IPhone I haved two wait weeks until my money is back or the will ship a new IPhone

I am not happy with  the slow response with my case

T Mobile you can due better than this, why we a a customer have to wait so long until you send my a new phone.that is the falt of UPS and no the customer.

T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request
Handset Order Reference:  07659453

Thank you for contacting T-Mobile. The provided return tracking number shows the package is currently 'In Transit' to the warehouse. At this time we are unable to issue an adjustment. Please allow 7 business days after the delivery of the package for the warehouse to process the return and for any necessary credits to be applied to your account.

Thank You,

Handset Order Research Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Message was edited by:tmo_amanda to remove personal information

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 14 June 2018, 02:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta5184262​!

Gosh, this isn't the best first impression that we could've made. You're right; this is out of your control, but in the end, you still need a phone. I want to make sure I point you in the right direction so this gets handled ASAP.  At this point, we need the full 7 business days after the package is delivered to our warehouse to investigate the situation. However, I recommend getting in contact with T-Force via Facebook or Twitter to file an escalated handset research form. Can you give that a shot and keep me updated?

To @magenta5184264 & @tmo_amanda,

I am so happy to have this thread to document & share my SAME experience with you! I work for Marriott International, and I was looking into switching carriers. T-Mobile had a great deal at the time, so I had to call a specified number to get on the "Amplied One" plan for no extra charge. On 6/13 I called and joined T-Mobile. I ordered two of the currently offered BOGO IPhones (a Red 8+ 64 GB & a 8 64GB in Red) I placed the order for $250.00. Delivery via UPS was scheduled for 6/18. I received the package and there was a small tear on the top of a plain brown box. I opened up the package to find two Iphone boxes, all the chargers, even my invoice... but two missing Iphones..... I called T-mobile order hotline first. The first gentleman hung up on me, the second said they would open "an investigation" but did not ask for any tracking numbers, IMEIS, or about blacklisting the devices. He told me it would take 7-10 business days, and that I would get an email and eventually a refund... THANKS! Great welcome to T-mobile experience. So I called UPS, they are worthless as well. I submitted an online claim. I called T-mobile and was transferred to three different departments, and finally was offered a bit of assistance after six hours of phone calls to go to the nearest t-mobile store. Mind you... they shipped me some random numbers and I have no phones, so I cannot access any t-mobile account! I am so furious. I had to dispute the transaction with my credit card company (which I had to call the bank to get approved?) It all just seems like a giant SCAM. Please advice... any help would be great... t-mobile 0 for customer service, and just an all around disappointment. I will be going to the nearest store tomorrow with all the shipped materials including my Equipment and service Agreement, and I will be reporting you to the BBB and if need an arbitration and small claim.

Today i was delivered a new Samsung A11 and the box was empty. It was weird as I opened it and noticed there was a tear on the side but nothing inside.  Who ever ripped into the box had retapped it with clear tape so the tear could not be seen until the tape was removed.  

Luckily I installed a camera at my front porch with motion sensor.  It shows the UPS guy delivering the empty box.  There is sound so you can make out a hollow noise when the UPS guy drops off the phone.  Now the package says on it the weight of 1 lbs.  I am sure the delivery guy had to notice it was not (1) lbs.  

After reviewing my video events, no one else approached my porch after the drop off except for my girls who came home from school 35 minutes after and brought it directly to me.  So I suspect the robbery was done before the package was dropped off at my porch.  It was probably stolen at some process with UPS and either the UPS delivery guy was in on it or just didn’t care.  

I called T-Mobile directly and the rep couldn’t believe what had happened, which made me think she didn’t believe my story.  Why would I steal from myself?  I offered to send her the video clip be she declined.  She said there would be an investigation and I would be contacted in 3 days.  She was kind enough to give me a $20 credit if and when I go to a physical T-Mobile store to get a new phone.  With the high rise in delivery theft, I would rather go to a store these days.  

At this point, I am waiting for Tmobile’s investigation team to contact me and clear me of any liabilities before I go out to a T-Mobile store to get a new phone.  T-Mobile should make UPS responsible and train their delivery men/women to think.

P.S. I tried to attached the video clip of the UPS drop but it won’t allow me.  Either the size is too big or it is not allowed?