Question

Call logs in electronic format

• 19 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

How can I obtain the detailed call and text logs shown on my bills but in a useful electronic format? For example, CSV format.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Since the TMobile bills are in pdf you just need to find an app that will concert them to csv.

Badge

There are at least two types of PDF files. The original is human-readable with formatting instructions interspersed. The version T-Mobile uses is just gibberish, essentially a bit-map (I think). Of course when printed, the dots form recognizable characters, but that doesn’t help an easy conversion. It might be possible to apply OCR to an image of the bill, but my experience is that OCR is not very reliable.

If the same information were  visible on their web site, I could get what I need by screen-scraping. But so far as I can tell, it’s only on the bill.

I was really hoping someone from T-Mobile would deign to answer. I’d ask them directly but they don’t publish an email address. (They can send to me but I can’t send to them. Equitable?)

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

How can I obtain the detailed call and text logs shown on my bills but in a useful electronic format? For example, CSV format.

• Select “Usage” from top menu
  • Expand “Calls” in the middle of the page so you can select the line you want to view
  • Select the line you want to download from the list
  • Under the total minutes used and search bar you will see a link to “Download all records”

The download is in CSV