Question

Caller ID

• 2 May 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

How can I change the Caller ID per line? The Caller ID section in my profile says it is by line, but changes all lines. I have 3 lines under my account, and the other individuals would like their name to appear on outgoing calls.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

How can I change the Caller ID per line? The Caller ID section in my profile says it is by line, but changes all lines. I have 3 lines under my account, and the other individuals would like their name to appear on outgoing calls.

In your web browser, log into your account at t-mobile.com, and then click on “Profile” at the top of the page.  In the Profile page, click the section header titled “Caller ID”.  (Or try this link:  https://www.t-mobile.com/account/profile/line-selector/callerid).  From the list, select the device whose Caller ID name you want to change.  By default, the Caller ID for all the devices associated with the account is the primary account holder’s name (as it was typed into the system by the salesperson who set up the account).  I used this link today to change the Caller ID on my phone from my husband’s first name to my own first, and also to correct the spelling of our last name (on ALL our devices).   

After you make your changes and click “Save”, you will get a pop-up at the top of the screen that says you successfully saved the new Caller-ID name.  Repeat the procedure for each device as appropriate.

Note: 

After you have saved your changes, if you leave the page and then return to it later to confirm the changes, don’t be alarmed if you still see the old data.  It doesn’t mean the changes reverted back to the old info or weren’t successfully saved.  It states on the page that it can take up to 72 hours for the saved changes to take effect (both on the web page and on the device).  So I recommend that you check back after a few days to verify that the info was indeed changed.

When you change the caller id name, do the lines that your changing the name on get a notification? Do all the lines get a notification?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you want to change the name that shows up when you call someone for a specific line.  You need to call Customer Care or reach out to the T-Force Team by sending a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter.  Changing the name in your my.t-mobile.com account hasn’t worked in what seems like forever.  Probably intentional to stop people from putting in things that are not appropriate.