Question

calls from jail

• 6 October 2021
  • 44 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

so my friend currently is in county jail and has been calling me for months and i have been getting the calls until recently, however the past maybe 2 months or so he has called several times where it doesnt even ring on my end but it will his and eventually get my voice mail and when you look at my call records the number shows up on there too...it doesnt happen every time he calls the past 2 months just sometimes...my account is in good standing and i prepay for jail minutes with my credit card so its not like i even add them to my tmobile bill...anyone else have this kind of issue or has? can anyone help? i called customer service and basically they didnt know why either and this doesnt happen with anyone else

44 replies

This is happening to me, currently. They “fixed it” and now I’m back on hold to figure out what is going on. It’s a huge inconvenience and I’m contemplating switching back to Verizon. Super annoyed. 

Badge

So I've been dealing with this for the last week. My fiance was just transferred to an Ohio prison and I haven't been able to speak to her since she got there. I've spent a total of 4 hours on the phone with every customer service representative, technician,and supervisor that has not given me one explanation or even helped me.  Every single one has passed the buck and sent it on down the line; and even hung up after having me on the phone for over an hour. So can someone help me with this is or do I just continue to pay them and not get any help with this problem. I just want to talk to someone who will be honest 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter.  They are a tier 2 support from the start.  

I am having the same issue it has been 6 days now and it's ridiculously frustrating nobody has answers. Did anyone get it fixed or what was your results? 

Only for his call not anyone else it won't ring and will show missed call and voicemail notification. 

I've tried everything been on phone for hours with gtl connect network, tmobile customer service even went out and bought the latest new phone, upgraded my plan to magenta, changed the sim.card out, and have no blocks no spam calls no do not disturb no airplane mode etc etc. I am beyond over this issue. Someone know anything? 

Same issue and it is also does not connect when I hit 0 to accept call! GTL finally helped me do the spam unblock…worked for 2 calls now back to not being able to accept by pushing 0 or the calls not showing up at all! GTL says the system is not hearing the 0 being pressed. But it works for any other calls I have to push numbers to connect. So frustrating. I had to do #632# to turn off spam block then GTL reset acct and it’s happening again today. They are positive it is in the TMobile network that is causing the issue. But can’t seem to find a solution or answer. 

I also bought a new phone…could have saved the money and kept the old one! Really irritating. 

This is happening to me, currently. They “fixed it” and now I’m back on hold to figure out what is going on. It’s a huge inconvenience and I’m contemplating switching back to Verizon. Super annoyed. 

What was their fix? Many people are having the same issue. 

I’m having this issue, I receive the calls but am not able to press one to accept. I’m on the verge of getting a new phone. Did anyone find a fix for this?

I’m having this issue, I receive the calls but am not able to press one to accept. I’m on the verge of getting a new phone. Did anyone find a fix for this?

Im legit having this issue. When I go to press 1 it doesn't go through. I reset my phone, power it off and nothing works. And coincidentally it happens on the weekends most of the time. I called securus before and they said it was a technical issue and it was resolved but it's been  happening. I feel like it's my phone because it's 5g and I'm not in a good 5g network, but I changed my network and it still doesn't work. I feel like t-mobile isn't gonna be able to do shit. Securus even said they have issue with t-mobile, and at&t with connection issues. I'm not sure. I hope you figure yours out and it works for you. 

Well I called T-Mobile and they turned off my spam blocker saying that may be the issue but if it doesn’t get fixed I’ll be getting a different provider

Happening currently. Turned off spam block and it worked twice.  Ticket has been sent to  their  engineers . Worked this morning but then not this afternoon.  This is so frustrating.   

Happening currently. Turned off spam block and it worked twice.  Ticket has been sent to  their  engineers . Worked this morning but then not this afternoon.  This is so frustrating.   

Definitely frustrating!!! It’s been working for me recently but who knows if the fix is permanent. I’m sick of it quite frankly

I cannot receive any jail calls at all at first i did 1 call and now I can’t. My brother says when he tries to call me it doesn’t even ring. It won’t let his call go through to me. I have called T-Mobile about any restrictions and they say they turned off spam. It’s been a month and all I want to do is receive calls from my brother. I did set up an account with the jail and still won’t let him call me. I even went to lengths of changing my phone number.  I just want this resolved. 

calls from inmates do not ring and cannot accept by pressing ‘1’.

Been with T Mobile for 2 weeks and it quit working when I switched from Verizon. T Mobile does not care about problem and apparently will not fix. This is happening to hundreds of people with inmates in prison and is reason for me to dump T Mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!  and go back to Verizon.

2 weeks with Tmobile and this is a showstopper with me. I will go back to verizon

9:32 PM

It is a recurring problem and nobody is doing anything about it. Many people are complaining.

For complaints go to calls from jail | T-Mobile Community

I’m having this problem also. I’ve called T-Mobile and they turn off spam block but still doesn’t work. I have a family plan with my dad and he is able to get the jail calls. The only difference is that I have an iPhone and he has an Samsung. I don’t know if it has anything to do with that. 

Try calling the support number for the phone company offering the service to the prison. In my case it was Securus who offered the service. They did something from their end that took the blocker off. Also call and verify again with T-mobile that their spam blocker is off. It took a couple of times to get it done. 

Good luck!! 

I have done all the things that everyone suggested or has worked for them. It has been 1 1/2 years. I did the same thing that someone else said on here.  They went out and bought a new phone. This is the only other thing I thought I should try.  Because I have done Tech Support, I don't know how many Tech tickets to date I have, Customer Service on both sides, Supervisor and their supervisor, turn off spam etc.... etc... etc!!! I'm just so upset I feel numb. I'm drained emotionally from GTL & T- Mobile playing with my emotions now! I don't know what else I possibly could do. If it wasn't for being able to email him, and have a land line in my home to talk to him once in awhile, I don't know where I would be. I feel bad there are so many of us in this situation.  Sad thing is T-mobile and GTL just don't care to fix it. A year and a half later and still nothing. Hang in there!!!

Literally having the same issue I dialed #632# and still not able to accept calls from my husband. My mother has T mobile and is able to accept calls and we have the same phone so I’m not sure. Judging from all these complaints nothing has been resolved 

I've had so many issues with signal in my own home (in an urban area with plenty of signal) that using the phone for work has been embarrassing. Now having this experience with my brother who just went in a couple months ago trying to call on Christmas it's time to move on. What a hassle for all of you. I hope everyone finds a better alternative. 

So many trouble tickets opened and I’m still having all the same problems mentioned here…I hope someone is reading this at T-Mobile and are willing and able to fix this terrible issue!

I’m having the same problems. I had no issues receiving calls from my wife in prison up until 4 days ago and now nothing will come through. I’ve turned off scam shield and scam blockers, done #632# multiple times, Securus even suggested adding their 866 phone number to my do not block list and still nothing. I even switched from Android to IPhone and still no change. I’ve have literally been on the phone with TMobile for like 8 hours over the past 3 days and still no change. I will probably have to go to Verizon now, this is ridiculous! 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue. My boyfriend tried calling me 13 times last night and I got one call that actually came through. I called GTL and they said it’s showing like I’m blocking the call……  So today they said “it’s your carrier, have them take off the spam filters”. So I call T-mobile and they say there aren’t any and everything looks good. I in-blocked every number I’ve ever blocked just in case, and checked all my settings aren’t preventing anything. I got a couple calls from him today after that but none later on when he always calls. I’ve heard Verizon doesn’t have this issue. I’m beyond frustrated!

I am having this same problem!! It's been happening for months and I keep getting on the phone with them and they keep telling me to reset things and check my call forwarding but it's still not working! Very frustrating! 

Userlevel 1

I switched to Verizon right after I posted that comment and it was an immediate huge difference! I never have problems now unless they’re truly having an issue on their end but even then it just has him call one more time (so twice total). I would save yourself the hassle and switch! It was actually a lot cheaper right now for me to switch to Verizon anyways because they don’t charge for the phone every month like T-Mobile so it saved me $35 a month! And no worries for my boyfriend and I on calls. So much peace of mind. :)

Userlevel 1

I’m convinced it’s a T-Mobile issue.

I'm having the same problem my love one calls and I push 0 to except but it won't go thru but I can except other calls I don't known what's wrong I called T-Mobile they say it's nothing showing I called GTL they say it's nothing I don't know what else to do.