Question

Can't make any payments on T-Mobile website

• 12 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

I received the following text:

T-Mobile: As part of your new My T-Mobile experience, your Autopay feature needs to be re-setup prior to your next bill cycle date. To avoid a service interruption, please login and re-setup your Autopay at <link>.

However, when I go to the website and try to refill my account, I get the following error, displayed under the “Payment method” section:

We are unable to process this payment transaction. Please visit a Retail Store to complete this transaction.

The fields to input my payment information are disabled, so I cannot even attempt to make a payment. This is true regardless of whether I try to re-setup Autopay or even just make a one-time payment.

I tried on two different browsers (Chrome and Edge) and got the same results. Why can’t I make my payment online? My cycle ends in a week.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Why can’t I make my payment online?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried using *233 to make your payment and setting up AutoPay that way from your T-Mobile Prepaid line?

Userlevel 1

Same issue. Prepaid user for years (the old “Walmart plan”). I went to the retail store, and they also couldn’t do anything. They asked for cash, which I didn’t have. They told me to call the prepaid service number, which I did. They were also useless. My service was canceled due to non-payment. Since my bill is only $30 I found a workaround by buying a $30 prepaid refill card online through Walmart that described itself as “email delivery”. However, you’re able to put your phone number into a field in the cart on Walmart’s site, so they applied the payment directly to my account. After making the payment through Walmart I was notified that my account was re-enabled within 10 minutes. This is pretty pathetic. Multiple T-Mobile support entities (retail store, phone support, and prepaid phone support) couldn’t apply a payment to my account, yet another company (Walmart) could.

Badge

Have you tried using *233 to make your payment and setting up AutoPay that way from your T-Mobile Prepaid line?

I could not find an option to set up AutoPay using *233. They only gave me the option to pay a one-time fee using a prepaid card, or to speak to an operator, which would have cost $5

Same issue. Prepaid user for years (the old “Walmart plan”). I went to the retail store, and they also couldn’t do anything. They asked for cash, which I didn’t have. They told me to call the prepaid service number, which I did. They were also useless. My service was canceled due to non-payment. Since my bill is only $30 I found a workaround by buying a $30 prepaid refill card online through Walmart that described itself as “email delivery”. However, you’re able to put your phone number into a field in the cart on Walmart’s site, so they applied the payment directly to my account. After making the payment through Walmart I was notified that my account was re-enabled within 10 minutes. This is pretty pathetic. Multiple T-Mobile support entities (retail store, phone support, and prepaid phone support) couldn’t apply a payment to my account, yet another company (Walmart) could.

I did have success using the Wal-Mart refill card; thank you for mentioning that. When did you start having this issue? It sounds like the problem is specific to this plan.

Anyway, I still am unable to get AutoPay set up again like it was just a couple weeks ago. Could a T-Mobile employee please comment on this and help me get AutoPay reinstated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The last time I used prepaid, it asked if you wanted to enroll in autopay after making a successful payment through the phone system. 

This forum is primarily a peer help forum with very little presence from T-Mobile outside of moderation.  No one here has access to your account.  Have you tried reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter? 

The new update sucks so bad. Huge failure 

Userlevel 1

I could not find an option to set up AutoPay using *233. They only gave me the option to pay a one-time fee using a prepaid card, or to speak to an operator, which would have cost $5

I did have success using the Wal-Mart refill card; thank you for mentioning that. When did you start having this issue? It sounds like the problem is specific to this plan.

Anyway, I still am unable to get AutoPay set up again like it was just a couple weeks ago. Could a T-Mobile employee please comment on this and help me get AutoPay reinstated?

I started having the issue after I got notification that I’ve been moved to the “new and improved experience”, and that I would need to setup my autopay again. I login to find that I couldn’t add my payment details to setup autopay, and couldn’t even perform a one-time payment. When I went to the retail store the rep there admitted to me that this new site has “always been garbage when it comes to setting up autopay”. I really hope the engineers know that there’s an issue. But, considering it appears to only affect pre-paid, I don’t think they really care. In fact, I bet they’d love it if we missed our payments and no longer were able to use our grandfathered plans. 

Same exact message I received when I tried to make a payment after being a customer for years. I also tried calling 611 and the automated recording said no debit or credit cards can be accepted, only refill card. This is ridiculous. I feel they are giving a hard time so we switch to a different, more expensive, plan option.  I will be giving another company my business at this point now that I'm without phone service over this. 

I have been unable to submit payment to my T-Mobile account since 23 Oct.  This error I am have is repeatable.  It occurred multiple times (around 7x or 8x) on 23 Oct.  I tried twice again today (30 Oct) and same error keeps happening.  I tried again on 11/13/2021… same problem.  And again today, 11/23/2021… same problem.

Here are the steps I'm doing:

1. Log into https://account.t-mobile.com

2. On the /account-landing page, click "Add to balance"

3. Select "Make a one-time payment" (I’m using the amount due.)

4. Select the "Amount due" radio button

5. Select my existing payment method (I’ve deleted and re-added my CC info multiple times to make sure I didn’t enter the wrong info.)

6. Scroll through notice and select "Accept and Submit"

7. A dialog then pops up.  The dialog says "Processing Order", and then a second or two later, the text "Sending Transaction Details" is added to the dialog.  I'm not sure of the exact wording though, because a second or two later, all the text disappears, so I don't have time to write it all down.

8. Finally, I'm left with a completely empty modal dialog box.  The box has a single, pink button, which also has no text.  See the screenshot at the end of this post to see what I see.

9. Because this is a modal dialog, there is no action available except to click the mysterious, pink button.  When I do, I am brought back to the /home page.  When I go back /refill-account page, I can see that the payment failed, because I still have an outstanding balance.

10. Each and every time I do this, T-Mobile IS MAKING a charge to my credit card.  (Therefore, I know I DID enter the correct credit card info.)  Then, a second or two later, T-Mobile refunds the money back to my credit card.  I have called my credit card company, and they have verified this.  My credit card company is not denying any of the charges or refunds.  The issue is completely on the T-Mobile side.  (I can also see the debits/refunds on my credit card when I login to my CC’s website.)

To repeat: when T-Mobile charges my card, the charge is allowed by my credit card company.  Then, immediately afterwards, T-Mobile refunds the money back.  The refund is also allowed by my credit card company.  All these T-Mobile transactions are being allowed.  There is no issue with this credit card, which I use successfully for a many other things.  I use this card everywhere without issues, and I’ve even used the same card before on the T-Mobile website.  But for some reason, nothing works anymore.  I’ve tried this in two different browsers (Chrome and Edge) on two different computers, and the error always happens.