Solved

Can the primary account holder disable text messaging on a secondary line

• 22 February 2016
  • 2 replies

Ok I am the primary account holder of a family plan. And I am wondering if I can disable text messaging on my child's phone line thru the tmobil Website

icon

Best answer by stevetjr 22 February 2016, 19:09

Yes but not as a standard feature, you would have to sign up for "family allowances" which I believe is $4.99/mo currently.  The other option is at least for Android that I know of is 3rd party apps that you can restrict a bunch of parameters, the software cannot be removed or changed without a PIN that you set.

Family Allowances lets you set upfront monthly allowances for your kids’ phone usage—minutes, messages, and downloads. It’s easy to set and change limits straight from the Web, and the whole family stays connected, even after allowances are spent.

View original

2 replies

Yes but not as a standard feature, you would have to sign up for "family allowances" which I believe is $4.99/mo currently.  The other option is at least for Android that I know of is 3rd party apps that you can restrict a bunch of parameters, the software cannot be removed or changed without a PIN that you set.

Family Allowances lets you set upfront monthly allowances for your kids’ phone usage—minutes, messages, and downloads. It’s easy to set and change limits straight from the Web, and the whole family stays connected, even after allowances are spent.

Ok thank you for the info sir..