Solved

Cancel Prepaid- Switch off AutoPay?

• 31 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

My prepaid balance has been paid off until 15th January, 2020. I want to cancel my prepaid account now. Since T-Mobile does not offer any refund on Prepaid services, I just disabled the AutoPay option. Couple of questions:

- Does this mean that as of 15th January, my Prepaid Account will be cancelled automatically?

- Is there anything else I need to do now.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 31 December 2019, 20:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/terms-and-conditions

Additional Terms for Prepaid Customers

Your T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, if sufficient, or your active prepaid plan, gives you access to our prepaid Service for a limited amount of time; you must use your prepaid Service during the designated period of availability. To use our prepaid Service you must have a T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance for pay as you go service or be on an active prepaid plan. Service will be suspended when your account balance reaches zero and/or you are at the end of the time period associated with your prepaid plan. Monthly plan features are available for 30 days, however, depending on the time of day that you activate your Service or that your Service expires, your service cycle may not equal 30 full 24-hour days. Your monthly plan will automatically renew at the end of 30 days if you have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance to cover your prepaid Service plan before the first day after your service cycle. If you do not have a sufficient T-Mobile prepaid Service account balance, your prepaid Service will be suspended unless you move to a pay as you go plan. If you do not reinstate prepaid Service within the required period based upon your service plan, your phone number will be reallocated. The Charges for Service and the amount of time that Service is available following activation of your prepaid Service account balance may vary; see your Rate Plan for more information. Prepaid Service is non-refundable (even if returned during the Cancellation Period), and no refunds or other compensation will be given for unused airtime balances, lost or stolen prepaid cards, or coupons. You will not have access to detailed usage records or receive monthly bills. Coverage specific to our prepaid Service may be found at https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid/coverage-map and differs from coverage related to our postpaid Service.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/legal/terms-and-conditions

Additional Terms for Prepaid Customers

How does this answer solve the OP’s question? They want to stop auto-pay on their pre-paid account. No part of the terms you posted address this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The OP wanted to cancel early and the T&C’ states that if you cancel prepaid with a balance the balance won’t be refunded.

So if the OP’s account was paid till Jan.15 of 2020 and they cancel earlier than that date there would be no refund .