Question

Cant receive text messages for 72+ hours

• 28 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am at the end of my rope and hoping someone has a miraculous solution. I have been unable to receive text messages from anyone except my daughter (who is on the same account - i am android she is iOS) for 72+ hours. Everyone can receive from me. My business has literally come to a stand still because I am unable to login to most of my systems as they require a text code and I am not receiving any. This ALSO means I can't access my MySprint account because that too requires text message verification

Below is what I have done / tried and NONE of these have fixed the issue

On the phone

1. it's a 3 month old galaxy s21 ultra

2. reset network setting

3. all apps and software up to date

4. clear cache

5. delete messages

6. wifi on, wifi off, airplane mode on amd off

7. manually select different network

8. power off and / reatart 100+ times during each of the above steps

9. remove SIM card make sure everything is clean, put SIM card back

10. finally gave up and do a complete factory reset on phone - NOTE TO ANYONE WHO DOES THIS: I can't restore my data from backup because guess what it requires for verification??  yep text message verification

Contacting Support

In  between doing all of the above I have spent countless hours in chats and calls with support and that includes the below:

1. contacted support 8 different times, waited on hold over 5+ hours so far, told issue would be resolved

2. 1st level support resets network on their end

3. asked to restart phone, restart go back in queue for support

4. escalated to level 2 - they can't fix it

5. escalated to level 3 and given case number

6. contact support after 24 hours asking what the status. they say case is closed. I say it's not fixed they say they reopen case

7. contact support after 48 hours said issue will be fixed within next 24 hours. ask how I am going to get an update on my case since I CANT RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES and they say someone will call in by the AM or sooner with update

9. no one ever calls me with any update

10. contact support after 72 hours still not fixed

Promised in every chat "we will resolve this" of which no one resolves and no answers are given

I have been a sprint customer for nearly 10 years and ready to switch to another carrier no matter the cost because no one can seam to fix the issue.

Please does someone else have any ideas or are you experiencing this?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you/they put your old Sprint sim card back into the phone or did they upgrade that as well? and you get the same results if you attempt to send yourself a text? what texting app is it? Samsungs or Googles?

if you were with Sprint and merged over you should have received a R15 sim card to put into the phone..as of about a month ish ago you should have been receiving notifications about needing to go down and change to a different sim card..wasnt sure if they might have done that already or not..not saying its the problem..but also not ruling it out.

Badge

I don't have the old SIM card as I got a new phone so new TMobile SIM is in it Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.

I am using the stock messaging app. Should have added I also tried using a 3rd party texting app and didn't work.

when I send to myself it DOES show the Sent and received message.

Also it shows messages are delivered and everyone gets them - across all networks - I just don't receive any except from my daughter (iPhone/ t-mobile account)