Question

Change confirmation to email

• 24 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a T-mobile phone and I only use it for emergencies. Where I live I do not have any bars, always zero. Every time I need to access my T-mobile account, I am asked for a confirmation code that is sent to my text message. The problem is, that I cannot receive any message because I have a zero bar. My phone does not work at all in my house. Sometimes I have to walk out of the house to get the message. 

I have Wi-Fi at home and I would like to have the notification sent to my email instead of text message to my T-mobile phone number. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what type of phone is it? flip phone style or is it a smart phone? if its a smart phone you might have wifi calling on it which would get you the signal you are needing.

Badge

I am not using the phone, as it does not work at home. I use my computer to log in to my T-mobile account. To log into my T-mobile account I need my email and my password, which I have. As secure protection, T-mobile sends me a text message to confirm that it’s me and sends me a text message to my phone number. I am supposed to reply  to the message with a code which has six digits numbers. The problem that’s I cannot get the text message since I have zero bar on my phone. 

I would like to have the notification sent to my email that’s associated with my T-mobile account, and then I can reply to the T-mobile  to log into my account and do whatever I need, such as check balance, and pay bills, etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting TMobile using messenger on one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter to see if they can change it.

It use to give you the option a few months ago but has since disappeared.

Badge

Thank you for your reply, I am going to wait to see if I can get any other message regarding this matter.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I am not using the phone, as it does not work at home. I use my computer to log in to my T-mobile account. To log into my T-mobile account I need my email and my password, which I have. As secure protection, T-mobile sends me a text message to confirm that it’s me and sends me a text message to my phone number. I am supposed to reply  to the message with a code which has six digits numbers. The problem that’s I cannot get the text message since I have zero bar on my phone. 

I would like to have the notification sent to my email that’s associated with my T-mobile account, and then I can reply to the T-mobile  to log into my account and do whatever I need, such as check balance, and pay bills, etc. 

So you have internet at home and it is not from TMobile correct? If yes, contact TMobile and explain your situation and you should get a cell spot for free. A cell spot will use your home internet and create it’s own cell signals inside your house where you see full bars of service.

Badge

I talked to Tmobile customer service, but they are useless, thanks for the help. I don't even need signal in my house because I have a land phone since I work from home. What I just need is to have the confirmation that is sent to my phone, to be sent to my email. To access my account I have to leave the house, walk about ½ mile, get the text message, go back home and reply  to the Tmobile website with the 6 numbers code sent to me.