Question

Change which number is primary on account

• 16 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Is there a way to switch which phone number is the primary in the account? I have 2 lines and I just want to change which one is the primary.

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if im thinking correctly the primary account holder (PAH) would need to give permission..not sure if the PAH and the soon to be new PAH would both need to go into a physical store or not though..they might have to verify both people. if anything contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter to see what all steps are needed to do this..

were you able to figure this out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to do a change of responsibility.

COR

Unless it's just a line permissions then that can be done from the PAH’s MyTmobile account.

Is there a way to change the primary account holder number from my Hotspot number to my cell number?

how do i switch the primary number on the account becuz i have changed my phone number  to one of the other number on my account

Badge

I have the same question.  How do I change the PAH to another number? 

Current -6111 (PAH)

New- 9614

For me it was this easy, 10 minute call:

1. Install the T-Mobile App, Log in
  2. Create a T-Mobile ID:
    1. Choose “ACCOUNT” at the bottom of the screen
    2. If you have more than one number, only one of the numbers may have the T-Mobile ID option
    3. Click “T-Mobile ID”, wait for it to initialize
    4. Choose “Phone Numbers” and click “Next” under “LINK NEW NUMBER”. Then enter the number you want to change to Primary.
      1. You will get a text confirmation when the new number is linked.
  3. Once this is done, dial 611 and get a customer support rep. Explain you want to change primary account holder, provide the PIN on the account. Tell them your number is linked to the ID (they will check this anyway).
  4. They will make the change for you.