charge me for services not used

• 22 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I signed up for Tmobile thinking I would be saving money. A few weeks after not activating the service i had a change of heart and canceled the service in August. On August 20th I was charged $197.78 for service I did not use. I noticed on my American Express account and called Tmobile. The representative I spoke with canceled the service and refunded the $197.78 due to no activation or use of service. She also guaranteed that I will be receiving a gift card for the initial fee paid in the store. I was very happy about this. In the beginning of September I received another billing stating Sorry to see you go and also included a bill for $440.56 for service that was canceled and never used. I spoke to a representative who advised that I had a cancellation fee (this is not correct- no contract) and that I need to pay the bill. She also advised that I need to speak with a collections agency about $233. Clearly she had no knowledge of what she was talking about so I requested a supervisor which I am still waiting for as I type this message. Its been 45 mins on hold already. The representative was not knowledgeable, incompetent and no clue what was going on. Clearly the bill said it was canceled and no use of data/phone service. I cannot understand how a company like this can get away with this practice. I had all intentions of switching to save from my other carrier once the new phone comes out but you can forget it now. ALL I NEED IS MY MONEY BACK! Nothing else so I can move on with my life!

2 replies

Badge

Update - After being on hold for 1 hour and 30 mins for a supervisor the representative hung up and did not call back. 

This is EXACTLY what I’m dealing with, but it is for less money.  However, I’m just as pissed.  This began in July.  I wanted to switch from Verizon to save money.  A slacker at their store stood and picked her nails, rolled her eyes, all while trying to port my numbers which effectively activated my phones.  Nothing worked.  So, go home and call as suggested, and they want a PIN number.  We were never given one, nor did we set one up.  They wouldn’t help me.  Go back to the store.  This went back and forth until we’d been on the phone five times and no help.  No PIN number.  At that point, we said screw it and because of T-Mobile’s slack attitude and crappy support with people from god knows where with very poor English skills.   We decided to stay with Verizon.  I wanted the $70 I gave them refunded - this was within three days of our attempt to switch.  They refuse to talk to me about our “account” period because of that damned PIN number.  However we were able to get a temporary number by going to the store for a 5th time, and a girl named Amanda was to call me in October because it takes 90 days to get a refund.  She was going to verify receipt.  She never called.

October I got a bill for $66.  Same in November and December.  No refund, and charged for service never used.  Then I got a collection letter.  Tried resolving it on the phone, was told to go to the store.  They couldn’t fix anything but over the phone they spoke with Amanda. She was to call me within a few days.  Never heard from her.  Started getting collections calls.  Here it is two days before Christmas and I got ANOTHER collections call.  I tried to explain the situation but the woman kept talking over me saying “how do you plan to resolve this?”  I told her how I planned to resolve it including letters and a lawyer if need be.  She asked me again and I essentially told her she could shove it where T-Mobile could also shove it, and to NEVER call me again.  I will be following up with letters.  As many as I have to write to whoever I have to write to.  And filing a complaint with the BBB.  They have the WORST customer service and policies I have ever encountered.  I despise them.