Charged for a Cell Spot

• 26 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hey All,

I recently transferred (closed) my account and moved it into my ex-wife’s name. The rep I worked with on the phone helped me close account and pay the balance for my phone, etc.

Now a few weeks later I get a bill for $314.65 for a supposed CellSpot non-return fee. To the best of my knowledge I never received or used a CellSpot device— and have zero record of any communications with TMobile about it!  I have spent 4 hours on the phone -- (mostly on hold) in the last couple of weeks-- only to eventually be disconnected when I asked for the call to be escalated.

I asked the reps numerous times if they could provide me with a description of the specific device I was sent, and any documentation of the standard replacement fee charge— and if they have any record of my ever receiving it, but they are adamant that their system  doesn’t have that information.

So am I just supposed to pay this phantom charge for over $300?!?! Helpppp!

5 replies

T mobile cahrged me $344.50 for cellspot. I have the device and I want to return it. customer service rep are not able to send me a label. how do I go about this. 

Hey All,

I recently transferred (closed) my account and moved it into my ex-wife’s name. The rep I worked with on the phone helped me close account and pay the balance for my phone, etc.

Now a few weeks later I get a bill for $314.65 for a supposed CellSpot non-return fee. To the best of my knowledge I never received or used a CellSpot device— and have zero record of any communications with TMobile about it!  I have spent 4 hours on the phone -- (mostly on hold) in the last couple of weeks-- only to eventually be disconnected when I asked for the call to be escalated.

I asked the reps numerous times if they could provide me with a description of the specific device I was sent, and any documentation of the standard replacement fee charge— and if they have any record of my ever receiving it, but they are adamant that their system  doesn’t have that information.

I JUST GOT THE EXACT SAME BILL IT SEEMS LIKE TMOBILE IS TRYING TO SCAM US!! 
i didnt even leave tmobile just transferd to an account 

Hey All,

I JUST GOT THE EXACT SAME BILL IT SEEMS LIKE TMOBILE IS TRYING TO SCAM US!! 
i didnt even leave tmobile just transferd to an account 

update actually they called me back and waived the fee,

Help! I am in the same situation where I transferred account within Tmobile and received a cellspot charge on my last bill on the first week of January  2024. I had no collection of ordering the cellspot and never received a cellspot. Initially, I called Tmobile to understand what the charge is but the customer service representative on the phone line couldn't help me because the rep said I needed to reset my pin at a retail store by verifying my government ID. After verifying my identification and changing my pin, I called the customer service representative a second time about the phantom cellspot fee on my last bill. The representative said looking back on their history the cellspot was processed back in 2015 which was about 9 years ago to one of an old downline number and that was all that was documented. As the main account owner, I had never authorized, ordered or received a cellspot from Tmobile. Additionally, none of my downline had any collection of ordering or receiving Tmobile cellspot. The rep said he couldn't dispute the fee and asked me to pay for this phantom charge. I refused to pay for the cellspot scam that I had never ordered or received, but because my husband's credit card is still on file, Tmobile automatically charged his credit card for this bill. Tmobile also sent this bill over to collection after the charged. I am so disappointed at Tmobile and their cellspot scam. Who do I report this to, how do I get my refund, and how do I get this resolved?

Situation resolved by tmobile.