Solved

Charged for a device I returned

• 13 October 2016
  • 53 replies

I was charged  $650 for a device  I returned. I've spoken to so many customers service  reps and a supervisor and was told nothing could be done. I was told  that there is no record of me returning the device. I returned this device 3 months ago and out of the blue I'm charged for something  they themselves have no way of tracking. It is very unfair that they can't even provide  me with the tracking number  they created. All they can say is that they don't have the information. Why  wait 2 and half  months to  charge  me. The same way they call me twice a day when my phone bill isn't paid...they could've  call about the device.  Who else can I contact besides customer  care.

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 13 October 2016, 16:24

Oh no! We definitely don't want you to be charged for a device that you returned! While this sort of thing is a very rare occurrence, we do have a process in place for this. I would recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature so that they can take a closer look at this situation with you. You can let them know that you already had a handset research form filed and that it may need to be escalated as the warehouse was unable to locate the device.

View original

53 replies

Tmo Chris please help I'm going through the same thing

Just for everyone’s reference, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for sometime. The supervisor took care of everything and reversed the charges and took off the phone from my account. 

@Aulua_moon Thanks much. That number is on their website also. But they have disabled that number. Its not working anymore :-( !!

Badge +1

Hello,

don’t waste your time with tmobile. Call your financial and let them deal with it

Badge +1

Oh no! We definitely don't want you to be charged for a device that you returned! While this sort of thing is a very rare occurrence, we do have a process in place for this. I would recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter links in my signature so that they can take a closer look at this situation with you. You can let them know that you already had a handset research form filed and that it may need to be escalated as the warehouse was unable to locate the device.

hello,

All what you do here is sit on the forum for 8hrs, a day and say the same old canned replies. You sound like a broken record how about changing the record to something else,

why don’t for once try to solve the problem customers are having.

tmobile awful service

Here is a number I found on the internet. (425) 378-4000  I don’t remember if it is the same one I called or not since this happened around Christmas time. I called this number and said specifically that I’m tired of getting the runaround and being told that this rarely happens and that there’s no way the warehouse misplace placed it. It helped that I had the tracking information (which they have too if you used their shipping label) and knew it had been delivered to them. They try to give you the excuse that there could have been anything in the box, but it makes no sense that you, as an established customer would have done that and are still inquiring about it. Besides, since they now have the box, there’s no way for you to check it. 

@Aulua_moon I am having the exact same issue. And I was thinking of how to take them to court for this harassment and complete callousness. How did you call the Corporate Headquarters?

I was able to get this resolved by calling the corporate headquarters and being helped by a representative there. They handled it on the spot instead of giving me the run around as previous representatives had. 

I have this issue right now, and all I keep hearing is “we will take care of it, don’t worry”. Well I am worried. I addressed this issue back when I got the first notification about the device not being found. Now it has been 2 months, I can’t make a claim with UPS cause it has been over 60 days since the tracking shows the box was delivered. I currently have 2 device investigations in with t-mobile (second time doing this) and from reading this thread I don’t have high hopes that t-mobile will do the right thing. UPS shows the package was delivered to the dock in Fort Worth,tx signed for by “TMO GRC”. I suspect that is the position name of the representative who receives the packages. Your customer service rep tried to tell me that they received hundreds to thousands of returns per day and they haven’t lost one yet, but this shows as false. I sent back the phone, y’all lost it. Why am I being charged?  I feel I may have to take this to court if y’all don’t remedy the situation. Not a great way to treat your customers. 

Hello Aulua_moon,

Have has tmobile resolved your issue? I’m going through the same thing with them right now. 

I have this issue right now, and all I keep hearing is “we will take care of it, don’t worry”. Well I am worried. I addressed this issue back when I got the first notification about the device not being found. Now it has been 2 months, I can’t make a claim with UPS cause it has been over 60 days since the tracking shows the box was delivered. I currently have 2 device investigations in with t-mobile (second time doing this) and from reading this thread I don’t have high hopes that t-mobile will do the right thing. UPS shows the package was delivered to the dock in Fort Worth,tx signed for by “TMO GRC”. I suspect that is the position name of the representative who receives the packages. Your customer service rep tried to tell me that they received hundreds to thousands of returns per day and they haven’t lost one yet, but this shows as false. I sent back the phone, y’all lost it. Why am I being charged?  I feel I may have to take this to court if y’all don’t remedy the situation. Not a great way to treat your customers. 

I currently have the same issue but on my cases someone stole the phone and t mobil wants me to be the responsible and keep paying for it.
really disappointed of the way they handle situations and i dont know why they have expert teams they all don’t know anything. She even stated that someone with my last name was using it so, because of that I have to pay for it. So she just called me a liar and thief On the phone too.

I searched for the company on BBB but couldn't find assurant salvage

This has happened to me as well. I have been told something different by every person I communicate with. I have never felt so scammed in my life!! I was told by a "supervisor" to trade my phone in since I am a part of the Jump! program and I could get a $7.20 credit off of the New Samsung 10 phone. I traded my phone in and they received the phone... next thing I know I am still being required to pay off the phone and no one can assist me in why I was told a lie. I paid off the phone and my automated bank sent in an additional payment.... DO YOU THINK THAT ADDITIONAL PAYMENT SHOWED UP ON MY BILL???!!?!! NOO!!! TMobile has turned into such a scam!!!. I truly wish US Cellular would come back because they had the best service as well as customer service.

So I’ve been with tmobile 16 years literally and I’ve gone through same thing. I returned the device and had confirmation as well as a video showing it being returned because I had problem in past and I’m still paying for this device till July. I reported it to T-Mobile and even after paying for something I returned I still kept service. I recently ordered a warranty exchange and they sent 2 phones and didn’t even realize they did till I called to ask what to do with the second because I didn’t want to be charged. After reading this post I’m definitely thinking about changing my service and offering someone else 16 years of great service.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Getting this to our fraud team was most likely done when there's a charge that isn't valid due to an unauthorized purchase, so it does make sense to me to get them involved. I agree there's a way to trace it, we'd just need to have this investigated on our end to try and find out what's causing this. I understand you've called before, but it's worth a shot to bring this up with our T-Force folks we can get another set of eyes on getting this resolved.

The bills are addressed from T-Mobile. The rep is Meghan Tate. She came into my work trying to get businesses to sign up. I signed up with her. I have called her multiple times and she refuses to answer my calls. I got paperwork when I signed up, yes. There was no tracking. She just told me it would be delivered to my place of work in 10 days. I have a paper that shows my down payment which was eventually refunded to me. There is a way to trace this, that is my point. Everytime I talk to a rep at T-mobile they agree that I don't owe money because they see in their system that my phone was never shipped and that they refunded my deposit. They sent it to the department that investigates fraud which is ridiculous to me since the reps can clearly see the phone never shipped so I don't know how fraud would even be an option, but regardless, I was told that they investigated it and it was resolved. It's obviously in your practices to scam people and charge people for products that they never even sent me in the first place and then lie to me and tell me they took care of it and I won't receive anymore bills.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ah okay. Did you buy them from the same store or over the phone? If it's from the store, you definitely shouldn't continue to be charged for them. If it was over they were bought over the phone, there should be a record of the devices being sent back. We don't have account access here to look at it, but there is a way to find out the status of these phones.

Hey @tmo_mike_c​ they were returned to the store yes they were upgrades.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yikes! That's really surprising it's been going on this long. Are the bills you're getting addressed from some other company or T-Mobile? It's possible this could becoming from an indirect dealer. Did the rep give you a card or any contact info? Did you get any paper work with a tracking number or a receipt for the down payment? I'm just thinking there has to be a way to trace this. When you were told it's been resolved, did they mention exactly what they did?

@magenta4008196  it seems like your situations might be slightly different. I guessing you do currently have a T-Mobile account correct? Were the 3 phones you had returned upgrades or were you trading them in?

Nope. No one has helped resolve this. Every time I speak with a representative they tell me it's resolved and they apologize and the next month, I receive another bill. Obviously I don't believe anyone at T-Mobile anymore because they lie to me every single time I inquire about this. I will believe it when I no longer receive a bill. They do not have an account for me I was told. A T-Mobile rep came into my work and signed me up with T-Mobile. The rep, Meghan Tate, took my information and had me pick out a phone and sign some forms. She told me I would have the phone within 10 days. It never came. Every time I called, no one knew where my phone was. I called USPS and they had no record of the shipment. Finally after a month, I was told by T-Mobile that it must have been lost in the warehouse. I then cancelled my order and requested a refund for the money I put down. I received the refund and was assured it was taken care of. It's been a year and 2 months and I am still receiving a bill. I never had service from T-Mobile so when I asked how I possibly owe money, they said it was for the phone. I explain how I never received the phone and you have record of that or else you couldn't have told me that it was lost in the warehouse and you wouldn't have refunded me my deposit. I have spoke to several "managers" and no one has been able to get anything resolved even though they pacify me on the phone by lying and saying that they resolved it. It apparently been "investigated" and resolved but I

am still getting bills. This was a 3rd party rep that came into my work so it seems like it's a whole other division that needs to deal with it.

Same issue keep happening on my account as well. I have turned in 3 phones and am still being charged for them monthly. Even time that I call in to 611 I get different justifications for the extended charges ( Oh we gave you a credit, etc). The issue never gets resolved and every month I am struggling to pay off my bill and at this point with nothing resolved I am looking to end my services with T-mobile. I don't know what else to do at this point, thought switching over to T-mobile would be great but looks like I will be going back to Verizon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Geez this is just no good and I'm shocked this wasn't resolved already. If you're getting an actual bill, there's gotta be a record of us having an account for you. This can be looked into and sorted out if we take another shot at it. Have you contacted our T-Force folks? I'm sure they can give you more help with getting this resolved.

I am being billed $600 for a phone I have never even received.I was a Verizon customer and planned to switch to T-Mobile.  I was told the phone I ordered was lost in the warehouse so I cancelled the order all together and asked for a return for my deposit. I received the return and was assured that it was all handled and I would not be charged. Every single month I am sent a new bill claiming I owe money for the phone that I never received.I ended up going with Sprint since T-Mobile is in the habit of losing phones and then charging the customer for a product that they didn't receive. Which is illegal by the way. Every time I call, whoever I speak with tells me that it's taken care of and it's their mistake because they see in their system that I don't have a phone or service from T-Mobile, yet each month, I get another bill. I am ready to start a class action lawsuits with others that are being charged for phones they either didn't received, or returned.

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Userlevel 5

Excellent! You are in good hands!