Solved

copies of texts

• 9 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Can I get copies of texts sent to me from a certain number and if so, how far back can I go

icon

Best answer by smplyunprdctble 9 April 2018, 23:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

No.

T-Mobile doesn't save copies of texts. Once they're delivered, they're done.

This would be like asking if T-Mobile had copies of phone conversations.

The only thing you can get is a record that a number texted you, or you texted a number.  You can get these from your bills for the past 12 months.  If you need further back, T-Mobile can get them for you, but there will be a fee.  You can contact Customer Care for that.

For the future, if you need printouts of texts, I recommend utilizing a backup application for your texts and printing them from that.  There's several backup apps out there, depending on your device.  Try out a few to see which one(s) give you the features you need.

This is absolutely horrendous. The fact you can’t access this for legal proceedings is incredible. Do you know how much you can alter messages and senders by just printing the messages yourself? 

This is so Bush league. 

I remember when T-Mobile did keep copies of text messages.   I was able to access them in 2009 or 2010 when I switch from windows phone to my first android phone.

I lost text messages from before 2015 and was hoping to find a way to get them back, but the above answer has dashed my hopes.

Badge

Good,  not horrendous at all.  i do not want text floating around on mobile servers.  im glad they dump them and don't store them like other cell companies do.  

This is absolutely horrendous. The fact you can’t access this for legal proceedings is incredible. Do you know how much you can alter messages and senders by just printing the messages yourself? 

This is so Bush league.