Solved

Credit Card billing is not working

• 6 January 2017
  • 62 replies

Show first post

62 replies

I've had the same issue today and a few months ago. I was able to pay just fine using the mobile app, but as soon as I enter my valid CC number on the online pay portal (windows 10 PC  Chrome browser) It's flagged as invalid. I definitely entered it correctly (I tried about a dozen times to make sure). This is a bug on the site. There is a mathematical check that you can do to determine if any CC number is valid. It's called the Luhn Algorithm. It doesn't tell you anything about the account holder or the funds, just that the number itself is a valid card number. Not all 16 digit numbers are. I strongly suspect that this check is failing, and it's likely run on the site itself before sending the number to the server. I'm not sure how to submit a big report to the T-Mobile web portal IT, so this is the best I can do.

TMO_Chris, or another T-Mobile representative that sees this, If there is no open issues with online payments, go ahead and open one. If you need more info for debugging the issue, feel free to contact me. I don't want to log in in another month and see the same thing.

Thanks,

Bryan

I seem to be having the same issue. I cant make a payment for data with a perfectly valid credit card. It keeps saying  the payment method is invalid. Very very very frustrating. All i want to do is purchase data with funds I have and T-Mobile can’t seem to help me achieve that.

Hey Tmo Chris,

your payment system is faulty.

i can’t make a payment online or on the phone. I spent a long frustrating two hours on the phone being transferred from one department to the next only to be told I should use the automated system, then even that didnt work.

The card I’m using is valid, it has funds and there are no holds on it.

the fact that only option I have is to either cancel my service with T-Mobile or trek to find a T-Mobile store in a new city I’m visiting is beyond frustrating indeed.

Userlevel 4

I understand there seems to be multiple people having this issue, we don't have any known issues at this time and we will need you to contact us directly so we can take a look.

Userlevel 4

I understand there seems to be multiple people having this issue, we don't have any known issues at this time and we will need you to contact us directly so we can take a look at your specific accounts to see what is going on here.

Userlevel 1

Hey T-Mobile... WAKE UP.. stop trying to pawn off your troubleshooting responsibility onto your paying customers.  To any other company it would be more than apparent that "the machine" is broken.  Suck it up and fix it like you should!  The higher-ups must not be reading these (if they are, shame on them) but if something isn't done soon, noise will be made on a much larger stage.

I am having the same problem 2/19/18...how is it possible that this is still happening after what seems from this post to be several months of complaints? Is there a solution?

I am having the same problem 2/19/18...how is it possible that this is still happening after what seems from this post to be several months of complaints? Is there a solution?

The same CC works fine on the phone pay...but I am have to sit through the ridiculous/time consuming automated system that asks for (over and over) but never seems to understand "YES" unless I shout in frustration.

Paying your bill shouldn't be a fight.

Hello,

I am also facing this problem, can someone please find a solution to this problem.

Userlevel 4

@magenta4167428 & @magenta4169091

For this specific issue, we are going to need to access your account. We are unable to do that securely on a user to user forum so please contact us when you have a spare moment so our care teams can look into this with you.

This is still an ongoing issue. Sometimes I pay my bill early (most of the time), if not exactly on the due date. Today I logged in as normal to be told I cannot have my bill paid due to an invalid CC (which has been 1 of 2 used in the many years I have been a customer). It refused to accept the same card I have used for over a year (CC is not expired by any means).

I called, Rep told me she could not process the card but could not provide me with a valid reason as to why, until I guess she attempted to charge the CC multiple times without my consent. But as we are talking about consent the 1st rep also told me that I was setup for auto-pay which is totally false. I *never* use auto-pay for my phone bill and never allowed TM to add this to my account.

At this point I ask to speak with her supervisor and while on hold with the supervisor I log into my bank to check it out, it seems the 1st rep attempted to charge the CC 3x which all reversed immediately (but I only knew from logging into my bank, neither her nor her supe bothered to tell me). By the time the supervisor is on the phone and I update her she tells me there is nothing they can do to fix either the website or accept the payment via phone. I told her that is because the first rep locked my account due to multiple charges, supe had no real response to that.

I am actually trying to pay my bill as I have faithfully for years now, accept my funds, fix your payment processing system, educate your reps. 😠

I am having a similar issues as well. Upon logging in today I found that my username would not be accepted and to use my cell number. I did that and went to make a payment. When I attempted to make a payment I was presented with a web page that had no credit cards on record. So I tried adding my card again to make a payment and received an error that I need to enter a correct CC#.

Ugh!

Here it is May 2,2018 and having the same exact issue cant add a credit card or a bank. Not a good way to start my service. This is your side tmobile nit the end user.

This is still an issue.

As other have reported. When you go online to "Add a Card" in the bill pay section you get to "Credit Card Number." When you type in a credit card number, it ALWAYS flags the box in red and adds a note, "Enter a valid card number." This has nothing to do with the card. It doesn't even attempt to process a payment against the card - it simply says the number is wrong. It has nothing to do with a CC balance or frozen - it never even attempts to talk to the bank.

So no @tmo_chris, this isn't a user-by-user problem. It's a web page login. I'm really surprised this isn't impacting more people to be honest.

This also affects me.  Every month I have to re-enter the same credit card number or else it says payment fails.  All my credit cards and debit cards are affected and they all are perfectly usable.  After several months of this and having extra expenses because of it, I have decided to switch to Verizon which would actually be cheaper considering this sort of thing won't happen with them.  They also have much better coverage Nationwide and use the same spectrum as t mobile so it's an easy decision.

Same problem here. Tries 2 cards that are perfectly good for any other online payment and your page tells me "please enter valid number" before even trying to charge it. Considering that issue is older then 2 years and you didn't do anything to solve it or didn't provide any feedback to customers except "check with your bank", I assume you don't care anymore. I write it only for other users who might still have same issue: yes, its still there.

I had the same problem. I first used my PC with Chrome browser. I tried 2 different credit cards (both valid) and input them multiple times, always the same problem "card number is not valid". Then I accessed the site with my Android mobile phone and was able to make the payment without any problems (using the same credit card). I hope this might help some of you.

3 years and 4 months after the original post and T Mobile's online payment system still has this problem. I am on prepaid and I log on every month to make a payment. Sometimes it will take the cc cc num no problem, and sometimes I get the card number invalid message. Exact same card Everytime.

Most of the time I can just log in the next day and it will take it. Unfortunately my service ran out this morning and I went in the pay for the next month, wouldn't you know it, card number invalid. I was expecting a very important phone today, and I am sure I've missed it. Been trying to reload my service all day with no luck. Thanks T Mobile, missing that call today probably cost me a pretty large sum, all because after almost 4 years you still can't seem to get your online bill pay system right. And before you even say it, my TMobile app doesn't work for prepaid folks.

I chose T Mobile because of wifi calling on prepaid plans because of terrible reception where I lived, well, I just moved at the beginning of the month into an area with exceptional service. Too bad this happened the very first time I'm reloading at my new place. Looks like I don't need WiFi calling, the frustration or the headache anymore.

I am having the same issue.  I have about 15 minutes to pay bills before work at 6AM, and don’t want to have to make noise to disturb others in my home, or be late for work by dealing with a phone call-- that is why I pay bills online.  Please fix this system or implement a replacement system that is functional.

SAME PROBLEM FOR TWO MONTHS!!!!  How the heck are we supposed to pay our bills????

Same issue still happening. Any card I enter says invalid number. Your system is garbage. How is this still happening years later. Fix it so I can pay my bill on time!

I love how tmo_chris  listed this as solved. Its obviously  not an individual issue. ive been with tmobile for over 10 years and i constantly have this issue for months of the year. I have been dealing with it since April. It is not August 2020. This is not solved and its been an ongoing issue with tmobile for years. If you look on google “tmobile online card not valid” is always been a problem with tmobile. They are quick to share your private information with other companies but are not willing to fix their online or phone payment options. The automated system on my phone doesnt work either so every month i am forced to release my credit card information to someone living in another country after being on hold for a half hour. Get it together tmobile and dont list problems as “solved” and say its an individual problem when you arent willing to listen to anyone who has posted this issue.

For anyone stumbling onto this conversation, one problem is probably that T-Mobile’s website is not compatible with certain web browsers.

I had a customer service representative tell me that my card was invalid (I assume she was also using an incompatible web browser). Then, I had the same problem trying to use Firefox to pay my bill through the website.

Finally, I was successful by using Microsoft Edge as my browser.

Can confirm that -- have the same issue. The credit card payment stopped working in Chrome & Firefox and only works in Microsoft Edge.

It worked just fine about a month ago, almost certain that T-Mobile has updated online payment interface since then and broke compatibility with other browsers.

Sounds like an example of bad software development and absence of quality assurance.

Problem not solved. New customer as of August 2020. Card worked only for set-up. Tried several times online these past two weeks until service ended. I called Customer Service today. I spoke s--l--o--w--l--y and deliberately and it still took three tries for an impatient representative to read the numbers back correctly. Rep not hear the word “6” three times and I spelled it s--i--x the second time. So a very l-o-n-g phone call for what should have been a 30 second online transaction. Anticipating that I will be a new customer of another carrier (most likely AT&T) next month.