Question

Credit Card Number Says Not Valid, but it Is

• 1 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My credit card for autopay has an outdated zip code, which I thought might be the reason the card was rejected; however, when I tried to correct my card info, T-mobile’s site claims that my credit card number is invalid . . . this is completely incorrect and I use it for other things.  How do I get this fixed?  I can’t even make a payment with my card because of this.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

First, did you change the zip code with the credit card first, then try to change it on the Tmobile site? If so, how long did you wait for the credit card company to update their info? Everything seems to go at a snails pace these days…

If your payment is due soon, perhaps you should call and make a payment by phone this month.:wink:

Userlevel 1
Badge

First, did you change the zip code with the credit card first, then try to change it on the Tmobile site? If so, how long did you wait for the credit card company to update their info? Everything seems to go at a snails pace these days...

Yes, my credit card was changed and works fine with the new zip code.  The issue is with Tmobile.  I can’t even update my zip code here because the site claims my credit card number is invalid, which is completely untrue.  I was wondering if there’s some systematic issue with T-mobile today or what.  I tried to enter my card information in as a new card and it rejects the card number as invalid.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Does your home address on your Tmobile account have the same address as your credit card?

I’m having the same issue as you OregonLady80. For three days now I’ve ben trying to add funds to my account for my next payment that is coming due. And everytime I try to add my credit card details, which have always worked in the past. It says invalid card number, no matter which credit card I use. Please fix this glitch tmobile. I’m using Mozilla Firefox browser and have never had this issue before. Seriously, fix it please! Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can either call Customer Care and have them add your card manually or make a payment in your local T-Mobile Store.  The account system has been broken for quite some time and it isn’t getting any better with time.  

I encountered the exact same problem in Firefox 68.12.0esr on Windows 8.1 when trying to place an order - I typed in the card number correctly, and it complained “Card number is invalid. Please try again.”.

When I tried again using Microsoft Edge 44.19041.423.0 on Windows 10, the card number was accepted.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I just had to go through this crap again!  I tried the above but no success.  I even checked the version of Edge I was using.  This is getting annoying!  If I have to call in every month to re-add my card and pay early.  I am going to get to the point where I am going to take our 3 lines and port them out to a carrier who has a competent billing and account system!  

I encountered the exact same problem in Firefox 68.12.0esr on Windows 8.1 when trying to place an order - I typed in the card number correctly, and it complained “Card number is invalid. Please try again.”.

When I tried again using Microsoft Edge 44.19041.423.0 on Windows 10, the card number was accepted.

Agree with Quietust.

I used Chrome and always saw the “invalid” info. Once I changed to Microsoft Edge, it works well with my credit card info. Not sure where the problem it is (my browser or T-MOBILE system) but give another browser a try.

Badge

This problem happened to me too I used Google Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit) it it did not work. I had to use Safari to make my card pass. As a senior software developer I can say this is the worse developed website I have used for any service provider.

Badge

This happened to me as well for the last 3-4 months. Can’t update my billing info online. So I call. And they say they update my zip code. And then the next month the payment fails. And my line gets suspended. And I look. And the zip code remains is my old one. And I can’t make an online payment because every card number says invalid. And then I call again. Rinse and repeat. It’s not you. It’s not your OS. It’s not your browser. It’s them. I wish you luck because they have not been able to provide a lasting resolution for me. This is my last month with them because of this issue that they can’t seem to fix. 

Да это вообще какая та петушинная тема!!! Почему в неразвитых страннах и странах 3 мира я имею 10 вариантов для онлайн оплаты своего телефона, а тут я имею один вариант который не работает никогда!!!!!

Same thing. I had to change my credit card on file. I tried adding my credit card via Chrome, Edge, and Safari with the same “credit card is invalid message.” I finally called and updated my credit card via the automated phone tree.

Hi,

I updated My Profile > Profile information > Security Questions. After that, I was able to make the payment. I hope this helps.