Solved

Customer service "Groundhog Day" with unresolved problem

Badge

I’ve been trying to transfer an EIP (Equipment Installment Plan) from my mom’s account to mine.  Started the process by calling customer service on September 6th. Failed.

Called again on October 25th, then on October 27th to re-initiate the process. Failed. Had to drag mom (aged 81) to a local store to verify her ID and get a new PIN number. Called November 7th and was assured the transfer would happen. Failed.

Called again November 17th and was instructed to drag mom back to the store to reset the PIN. Did that. Called again on November 26th and was reassured -- for the fourth time -- I’d get an email and a follow-up phone call to complete the EIP transfer.  Got neither. For the fourth time.

Any suggestions on what to do about this?  How do I reach a COMPETENT person?  Or maybe get T-Mobile to simply drop the EIP altogether and credit the balance due since they’ve effed this up so badly and wasted so much of my time, not to mention the aggravation they’ve caused?

I appreciate any and all advice.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 1 December 2022, 23:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

aside from taking her back down to a physical store you can try contacting them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter..this lands you with tier 2 support instead of the tier 1 call in agents.

also if you havent already you might have your mom put you as another allowed person on her account to make changes..that way youre on both and can make the changes for her without having to include her...since you dont have a line on her account im not sure if they can assign you as the primary account holder of hers account...maybe?

Badge

Thank you for the fast response, fireguy!  September 6th we transferred mom’s account to me so that I’m the only one responsible for it. She and my daughter are now on MY account.

We unknowingly missed a step required to include the EIP with that transfer.  I only found out in October after they sent a bill to mom to pay the EIP in full “because her T-Mobile account had been closed” or they would send it to a collection agency.

I’ll try the social media approach.  Seems ludicrous that it’s the only way to get to the next level of support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not overly. most companies now days use the same type of methods..especially the ones that outsource their support..or most of their support.

also look at it like this..via FB or whichever one you choose..it’ll be a paper trail in a sense compared to their call in recorded but not recorded convos.

I want to cancel one line . The number i want to cancel is :(714) 406-8020. Please help me! Thank you!

Badge

Facebook failed, fireguy.  Posted on the T-Mobile page twice, posts disappeared, no response.

Trying Twitter next.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Facebook failed, fireguy.  Posted on the T-Mobile page twice, posts disappeared, no response.

Trying Twitter next.

sorry. you must do it through the FB messenger and not on their actual page since you’ll be talking about personal stuff (account info etc)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I want to cancel one line . The number i want to cancel is :(714) 406-8020. Please help me! Thank you!

contact TMO either through calling in, physical store or through one of their social media platforms.

and unless you are wanting to cancel the line and number permanently and not moving it to another carrier stop posting phone numbers..fully public site so everyone and their mom now has it..

Badge

Final update, fireguy:  Twitter worked. 😁

It did take a couple of hours of texting, then a rep called me, then a few more texts.

He was nice. Empathetic. And had enough chutzpah and authority to clear the entire balance due on our two phones because of the hassles I endured.  That was a VERY happy surprise.

Thanks for helping out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries..i like many out there HATE anything to do with calls lol..unless its a emergency it can be handled with a text lol..

same goes with stuff like this..plus you technically have a paper trail and not a recorded/possibly recorded/probably wasnt recorded attempt with the call in agents.

Having the same issues. The phone number was moved to my adult child’s account, but they did not move the EIP as requested. I called, then she called, then we did a three-way call. Everyone assuring us it was done..NOTHING was done. It is ridiculous, they need to credit my account for the number of manhours we have spent trying to get this resolved. 

Badge

Man, I feel your pain.  There is nothing easy with T-Mobile, especially when the “Experts” tell you right up that the information you are getting from T-Mobile is not true.