Solved

Defective NEW phone and store that won't give me new one

• 12 August 2019
  • 10 replies

I bought a NEW Galaxy S10 on 6/21/19 from T-Mobile, Northport, NY and it was defective.  Brought it back on 7/3/19 and the T-mobile rep EDDIE M. tried to change some settings.  I was well within the 14 day "Buyers Remorse" time frame to get a new phone.   Rep EDDIE M. said "dont worry, if this doesnt work, we will waive the fees and get you a NEW PHONE".  His efforts did not work.  I went back in and he ordered me a NEW PHONE.   For some sketchy reason, the NEW PHONE could not be shipped to his store, so it was sent to another store for me to pick up.   When the phone came in, I asked the guy if it was new and he said "NO - it is warranty phone, so it is refurbished".  I told him not to open it that I was not taking it. 

I called T-Mobile and they said I had to go back to Northport store.

When I spoke with Eddie, he couldn't understand why this happed and assured me AGAIN, that I would be getting a new phone.  He'd spoke with his manager.  I was then stalled and brushed off for 2-3 weeks for one reason or another.

I finally spoke to manager HATISH and was told they could NOT get me the NEW PHONE that I paid for, but they would give me a $100 credit and give me a REFURBISHED phone.

WHO WOULD PAY FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE AND GET A REFURBISHED PHONE??????

I went back into Northport store on Saturday and spoke with Eddie M., who admitted he was the one that made the mistake, but that there was nothing he could do except offer me a refurbished phone.    AGAIN I ASK,  WHO WOULD ACCEPT A REFURBISHED PHONE 10 DAYS AFTER BUYING A BRAND NEW PHONE

I have spoken to several customer service people who all say the same thing, "THEY ARE SORRY, BUT CANNOT GIVE ME THE PHONE I PAID FOR".

Customer service says "The store has to rectify this situation" and the store says "Corporate wont let them give me a new replacement phone".

Eddie will only give me his managers name, even though I asked to speak with his managers boss and customer service would not puit manager on the phone, just kept "checking with their manager".  It took me over an hour JUST TO GET the address for LEGAL DEPT.

I am waiting for a call from the corporate legal office and if they will not help me, will have no choice but to bring them all to small claims court.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 12 August 2019, 15:34

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Tmobile support using messenger through Facebook or Twitter linking this post.

Userlevel 5

There was a time when I had bought a new iPhone 7 plus and within two days it had some issues. I called the store and they exchanged it with a brand new still sealed in the Box iPhone 7 plus. However that was two days not a couple weeks so that might be more or less one reason as to why a refurbished unit was offered instead.

If they offered to give me $100 credit I would definitely take that with a refurbished phone. most refurbished phones are just reflashed and have no cosmetic damage. most of them don't have any physical damage either. 

What exactly was defective about it? And which model phone was it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You might have better luck with Samsung.  Even though you purchased your device from T-Mobile, your device also still comes with a full Samsung warranty. 

I'm dealing with the exact same issue with a new Galaxy S10+....defective and was sent a "replacement", which is refurbished. It doesn't work either, so I'm now calling from my laptop because I have a phone that won't make or receive calls and all they offer is yet, another "replacement". I too will be seeking legal counsel as this is unacceptable. I'm expected to continue paying for brand new phone, but accept a used, non-working device??? Nope!

Worst company ever!!!!!!! This is ridiculous!

I have a new Samsung phone that is under warranty.  It was defective. T-mobile replaced it with a used phone, also defective. 

Samsung can't  help because I now have a used phone. They also expressed that T-mobile does a bad job when they refurbish phones.

I was offered to buy a new phone and they said they would refund the amount. I asked for this offer in writing and they won't put it in writing. I don't trust Tmobile.  I won't  pay for another phone when I  already purchased a new phone.

T-mobile should be called " do we screw you and how"

Same issue about phone replacement not working. I doubt it makes a lot of sense complaining now, compared to your story. It has been 1 day and unsure what to do. Say? Hopefully, they will fix this issue about replacements, cause I am having a difficult time finding a way to contact them online when my phone cannot make calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Same issue about phone replacement not working. I doubt it makes a lot of sense complaining now, compared to your story. It has been 1 day and unsure what to do. Say? Hopefully, they will fix this issue about replacements, cause I am having a difficult time finding a way to contact them online when my phone cannot make calls. 

how to contact them online is literally the post marked as the answer in here..as well as being the very first post in this thread lol.

T mobile is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with in my life.  My wife had to get a warranty phone due to calls and messages not going through.  So we ordered a replacement and got an even worse “replacement” and went back to the store.  The rep. told us to go to Best Buy?????  and they can open it and check what the issue is.  I do not pay Best Buy every month for my cell service!  I am furious at the nonsense runaround with this and want to cancel this “service.”  Do not use T mobile and go sowehere else.

I am having the same issue with T-Mobile but it’s with my watch. They hooked someone else’s number to my watch giving them access to all my personal information. Charges were made to my account during this time that I did not make. They “fixed” the phone number then my watch would not work properly so they sent me a refurbished watch which should have been traded out by T-Mobile not through warranty which they DID NOT TELL ME and it came in blue which I don’t want. FURTHERMORE THEY HANG UP ON ME KEEP TRANSFERRING ME FROM DEPARTMENT TO DEPARTMENT DO NOT NOTE MY ACCOUNT AND EVEN HAD SOMEONE POSE AS A MANAGER AND LIE ABOUT THEIR POSITION!!! DO NOT USE T-MOBILE THEY LIE AND STEAL FROM YOU GO TO LITERALLY ANY OTHER COMPANY!!! 

YOU ALL SHOULD WRITE TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATES.  I HAVE HAD TO DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES WITH DIFFERENT COMPANYS AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS RESOLVED THE ISSUE FOR ME.