Solved

Deleted Voice message reappears

• 29 July 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a junk voice message that I delete... and it goes off the list... then 15 seconds later it reappears on my list of voice messages.

How can it do that and how can I get rid of it permanently.

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 1 August 2018, 15:45

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Gosh, that sounds like a pain!  Are you using the Visual Voicemail app or are you calling in with it?

it's an iPhone... using the phone app... voicemail tab...what should happen is it should move the voicemail to the "deleted messages" folder. and it does and somehow a copy goes back to the regular voicemail folder. so now it exists in both.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

That's so strange!  Have you tried calling the voicemail server directly and deleting the message?

Yes. it's no longer on the voicemail server. It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. 😊

Still on my phone though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I poked around a little and found a forum where others have had the same problem.  One solution to try is to put the phone in airplane mode then delete the message.  Several people reported that when they came out of airplane mode, the message remained gone.  Let me know if it works for you!

Userlevel 4

Hey, @magenta3765197​!

@magentatechie had a great suggestion! Have you tried putting your phone into airplane mode then deleting the message? If so, did that do the trick or did it reappear?

That did the job... nice.

So it was the server? repeatedly renewing the old message?

ah well... as long as it is gone now!!!

Thanks Magentatechie.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

It was my pleasure! So glad it worked for you!  

Also had to turn off WiFi on iPhone 10 to delete VM as they kept coming back when just airplane mode was toggled