Question

Difference between One Plan Unlimited 55+ and Magenta 55+

• 3 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

We currently have One Plan Unlimited 55+ which does not offer “Netflix On Us”. Magenta 55+ does offer that additional benefit and based on what I can see the price is the same for both plans making Magenta 55+ the better deal with the addition of Netflix. Is there a difference I am not seeing and if not can we switch easily to Magenta 55+? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The grandfathered plan is $60 after auto pay and the new plan is $70 after autopay.

For me the Netflix wasn’t worth it.

Badge

Thank you. I am already paying $70 so it does seem as if the Magenta plan is a better deal with the Netflix thrown in so long as the price stays the same.

So why are they offering “Get a $500 bill credit from T‑Mobile/Sprint when you keep or switch to the Magenta Max plan” if I buy a new iPhone? Seems like a lot if they aren’t gaining something. We’re at $70 for two people also. We switched to T-Mobile mainly because of their foreign travel benefits without giving up much at home in the US.

Badge

Don’t switch. I made that mistake three weeks ago, and the issues with the account set-up are still unresolved.

The waits for phone customer service are very long - 45 minutes easily. Chat interactions are something out of a bad dystopian nightmare. The Twitter team is very, very young.

Everyone is comfortable blaming the problems on the iPhone release. 

As if TMobile were unaware that the iPhone release was coming, and were unable to staff up or provide a separate phone number so that current customers wouldn’t feel the impact.

Keep your current service level. The experience is not worth it.

Or at least wait a few months. 

Thanks for the advice. But the $500 is tempting.

If u get magenta 55 can I get a I phone max for 800 off my iPhone 11

Badge

We currently have One Plan Unlimited 55+ which does not offer “Netflix On Us”. Magenta 55+ does offer that additional benefit and based on what I can see the price is the same for both plans making Magenta 55+ the better deal with the addition of Netflix. Is there a difference I am not seeing and if not can we switch easily to Magenta 55+? 

I know I am late to this thread, but on the description it states:

T-Mobile ONE base plans

• These plans are no longer available for new activation.
  • T-Mobile ONE was available for phones, tablets, and wearables.
  • T-Mobile ONE plans offer discounts for Active Duty Military and 55+ verified accounts.
  • Features and included services may vary by account type.

What's included

• Unlimited Talk, Text and high speed data on our network
  • Monthly regulatory fees and sales taxes on your service plan included in the price 
  • Netflix Standard 2-screen HD plan with 2+ qualifying lines
  • Stream unlimited video at DVD-quality, 480p. Unlimited HD Video passes can be added to enhance your video streaming
  • Stream unlimited music
  • Texting & data, up to 256 kbps, abroad in 215+ countries & destinations
  • In-flight texting + 1 hour of Wi-Fi on Intelsat-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
  • Unlimited calling, texting, and data in Mexico and Canada with up to 5GB of high-speed data, then 2G speed,  at no extra charge
  • Mobile hotspot data at max 3G speeds

It does show Netflix included.

I would not change that plan for anything though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I know I am late to this thread, but on the description it states:

T-Mobile ONE base plans

• These plans are no longer available for new activation.
  • T-Mobile ONE was available for phones, tablets, and wearables.
  • T-Mobile ONE plans offer discounts for Active Duty Military and 55+ verified accounts.
  • Features and included services may vary by account type.

What's included

• Unlimited Talk, Text and high speed data on our network
  • Monthly regulatory fees and sales taxes on your service plan included in the price 
  • Netflix Standard 2-screen HD plan with 2+ qualifying lines
  • Stream unlimited video at DVD-quality, 480p. Unlimited HD Video passes can be added to enhance your video streaming
  • Stream unlimited music
  • Texting & data, up to 256 kbps, abroad in 215+ countries & destinations
  • In-flight texting + 1 hour of Wi-Fi on Intelsat-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
  • Unlimited calling, texting, and data in Mexico and Canada with up to 5GB of high-speed data, then 2G speed,  at no extra charge
  • Mobile hotspot data at max 3G speeds

It does show Netflix included.

I would not change that plan for anything though.

It states that features and included services vary by account type. I have a One 55+ plan and I'm not eligible. I needed to upgrade to the One plus plan to get Netflix but it's cheaper just to pay for Netflix.