Blog

Discounts for Military & Veterans

• 11 November 2020
  • 3 replies
Discounts for Military & Veterans
Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Today we celebrate and honor all military veterans that have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. We are proud to support Veterans and their families with our recruiting programs, employee networks and the T-Mobile Magenta Military rate plan.

Benefits for Vets.

It’s tough to truly understand what our veterans and active duty military have been through and thoroughly express how much we appreciate them. T-Mobile shows veterans love the best way we know how: Through our career services, partnerships, and plans. T-Mobile is committed to hiring 10,000 veterans and military spouses by 2023. T-Mobile partners with The Mission Continues, Hiring Our Heros, FourBlock Online, and other organizations that are dedicated to veterans and military. Veterans and active duty military serve us, so we want to return the favor to them. This is a friendly reminder of how we take care of our military customers through plans and services.

T-Mobile Military Plans

Magenta Military – Giving our military customers unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data on our network at a discounted price! Take advantage of 5G access , Mobile without Borders, with taxes and fees included!

Magenta Military Plus  – All the benefits of Magenta Military PLUS 20GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot data, HD streaming, and more.

Magenta Military for Business  – Unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data on our network for up to 12 lines!

Magenta Plus Military for Business  – All the benefits of Magenta Military for Business Plus 20GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot, HD streaming, unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi and more!

Show your support

Our veterans and active military have a huge place in our hearts. Who’s your biggest influence? Who would you like to show love to on Veteran’s Day? Reply below and show your support for the veteran or active duty family or friend you have in your life!

During congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at 480p. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device. Qual’g service & capable device req’d.  5G coverage not available in some areas; capable device required. While 5G access won't require a certain plan or feature, some uses/services might. 5G uplink not yet available. See Coverage detailsTerms and Conditions, and Open Internet information for network management details (like video optimization).

Submit U.S. military verification within 45 days at my.t-mobile.com/profile; otherwise your plan will become Magenta or Magenta Plus at an additional cost of up to $20/line per month. Military individual must be account holder & account must maintain valid military line.  Limited-time offer; subject to change. At participating locations. Credit approval, deposit, and $25 SIM starter kit or, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 upgrade support charge may be required. May not be combined with other promotions/discounts and features; existing customers who switch may lose certain benefits. U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ: includes 200MB U.S. roaming. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g., conference & chat lines, etc.) may cost extra. Unlimited high-speed data US only. In Canada/Mexico, up to 5GB high-speed data then unlimited at up to 128kbps. Not available for hotspots and some other data-first devices. Capable device required for some features.  AutoPay Pricing for lines 1-8. Without AutoPay, $5 more/line. May not be reflected on 1st bill. Int’l Roaming: Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our network.  Device must register on our network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Usage may be taxed in some countries. Calls from Simple Global countries, including over Wi-Fi, are $.25/min. (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to US, Mexico and Canada). Standard speeds approx. 128Kbps without Plus; with Plus approx. 256 Kbps. Gogo: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card required for messaging.

Magenta Military: Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. For best performance, leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting. Netflix: Offer subject to change. Receive Netflix Basic (1-screen, up to a $8.99/mo. value) while you maintain 2+ qual'g Military lines in good standing. Value may be applied to different Netflix streaming plans. Not redeemable or refundable for cash. Cancel Netflix anytime. Netflix Terms of Use apply: www.netflix.com/termsofuse. 1 offer per T-Mobile account; may take 1-2 bill cycles. See t-mobile.com/netflix for add'l info. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details. Tethering: 3GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds.

Magenta Military Plus: Activation required to deliver video streams at speeds that provide HD video capability (max 1080p); some content providers may not stream their services in HD. May affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Netflix: Offer subject to change. Receive Netflix Standard (2-screen, up to a $12.99/mo. value) while you maintain 2+ qual'g Military lines in good standing. Value may be applied to different Netflix streaming plans. Not redeemable or refundable for cash. Cancel Netflix anytime. Netflix Terms of Use apply: www.netflix.com/termsofuse. 1 offer per T-Mobile account; may take 1-2 bill cycles. See t-mobile.com/netflix for add'l info. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details. Tethering: 20GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds. Coverage not available in some areas. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. During congestion the small fraction of customers using >50GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for details. See Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at www.T-Mobile.com for additional information.

Magenta Military Plus for Business General Terms: Submit U.S. military verification at my.t-mobile.com/profile. Limited time offer; subject to change. At participating locations. Qualifying business account, credit approval, deposit, $10 SIM card, and, in stores & on customer service calls, $20 assisted or upgrade support charge may be required. May not be combined with other promotions/discounts and features; existing customers who switch may lose certain benefits. U.S. roaming and on-network data allotments differ: includes 200MB U.S. roaming. Unlimited talk & text features for direct communications between 2 people; others (e.g., conference & chat lines, etc.) may cost extra. Unlimited high-speed data US only. In Canada/Mexico, up to 5GB high-speed data then unlimited at up to 256kbps. Not available for hotspots and some other data-first devices. Capable device required for some features. Activation required to deliver video streams at speeds that provide HD video capability (max 1080p); some content providers may not stream their services in HD. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. One Netflix or Microsoft 365 subscription benefit per eligible account; subscription switching may be limited. If you choose Netflix, receive Netflix Standard (2-screen, up to $12.99/mo. value). Netflix account & compatible device required. Value may be applied to different Netflix streaming plans. Not redeemable or refundable for cash; cannot be exchanged for Netflix gift subscriptions. Cancel Netflix anytime. Netflix Terms of Use apply: www.netflix.com/termsofuse. If you choose Microsoft 365, contact us to activate one M365 Business Basic license ($6/mo. value) for first line and one M365 Business Standard license ($15/mo. value) for second line (up to 2 lines per account). Activation requires access to Marketplace, a T-Mobile service providing access to Ingram Micro Inc.'s online business-to-business platform for purchasing third-party products and services. Platform and subscription use subject to applicable third-party licenses, terms, and conditions, including the Microsoft Customer Agreement at www.microsoft.com/licensing/docs/customeragreement and Marketplace terms and conditions at https://us.cloud.im/legal/. May not be combined with Netflix On Us, Family Allowances, or content-blocking features; adding these features will result in immediate cancelation of Marketplace subscriptions without further notice. Between $6 and $21/mo. value, depending on line count. Value not redeemable or refundable for cash or credit and may not be creditable towards other products. Must remain active and in good standing or licenses terminate and data becomes inaccessible. May take 1-2 bill cycles. Like all plans, features may change or be discontinued at any time; see T-Mobile Terms and Conditions at T-Mobile.com for details. Tethering: 20GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds. Smartphone usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on smartphones. AutoPay Pricing for lines 1-8. Without AutoPay, $5 more/line. May not be reflected on 1st bill. Int’l Roaming: Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our network. Device must register on our network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Usage may be taxed in some countries. Calls from Simple Global countries, including over Wi-Fi, are $.20/min. (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to US, Mexico and Canada); customers on consumer plans (e.g. some sole proprietors) pay an additional $.05/min. Standard speeds approx. 256 Kbps.   Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners’ networks. Scam Shield: Capable device req’d. Turning on Scam Block might block calls you want; disable any time. Gogo: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card req’d for messaging.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I hear there are discounts for disabled veterans with T-Mobile but I haven't been given these discounts…

How do I initiate them so im not having to pay $80/month?

I am a disabled veteran with %50 disabled veteran rating ...I need a better price for service 

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/military-discount-plans

those are the new Military plans. if you scroll all the way to the bottom there are questions/answers there on how it must be handled etc.

I hear there are discounts for disabled veterans with T-Mobile but I haven't been given these discounts…

How do I initiate them so im not having to pay $80/month?

I am a disabled veteran with %50 disabled veteran rating ...I need a better price for service 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I’m gonna start this one off by showing my support for SSG Richard. He was a 24 year army veteran who’s also my stepdad. He traveled all over including Germany which he told me so many interesting stories about. I’m so glad I got to know you for 13 years. You’ve been a huge support system for me and my family. Thank you.