DO NOT SWITCH TO T-MOBILE - KEEEP & SWITCH Promotion is a fraudulent misrepresentation.

• 23 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was promised a virtual visa for up to $650.00 per line back in July 2022 when I was ready to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile. The salesperson opening my account mentioned I will get the money in up to 7 days. Here I am, it is almost October 2022, and nothing. I have provided all required documentation, showing my balance for each line with Verizon before the switch. However, the personnel in charge of the promotion approval keep saying that I have not provided enough proof for me to qualify for the promotion. This had happened many times, and no matter what I provided they rejected it. I feel that I was cheated with the promotion. They basically lied in my face. Come on T-Mobile, really? 

12 replies

Badge

I was promised a virtual visa for up to $650.00 per line back in July 2022 when I was ready to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile. The salesperson opening my account mentioned I will get the money in up to 7 days. Here I am, it is almost October 2022, and nothing. I have provided all required documentation, showing my balance for each line with Verizon before the switch. However, the personnel in charge of the promotion approval keep saying that I have not provided enough proof for me to qualify for the promotion. This had happened many times, and no matter what I provided they rejected it. I feel that I was cheated with the promotion. They basically lied in my face. Come on T-Mobile, really? 

Hi! I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and got the same promotion… I don’t ever recall it being for EACH LINE/DEVICE, but they did give me a card for the remainder balance of my iPhone 12. I forgot how long it took, but I did it all via T-Mobile chat, & within I think 2-3 weeks I got everything settled. I would call or have an agent help directly. Good luck’

Userlevel 2

I was informed "for each line" been 3 months....still nothing!

What a scam… wish i read this sooner...on Sept, 2021 I went to my local T-mobile store looking to switch over from sprint to t-mobile and in the process i was offered a promotion deal to trade-in/upgrade for my phone. I had an iphone 8 256 gb.  After talking to one of the employees about their current deals, they employee suggested i sign up for the Magenta MAX and I would get a $800 trade-in credit towards an Iphone mini 12. i really wasn't interested in trading because i was happy with my iphone 8 and had 256 gb but was told if i didn't switch it would cause issues with the new service etc.etc. so reluctantly i traded in my phone under the condition that the trade in value would cover the cost of the new phone. low and below countless hours on the phone with customer service and 17 months later still paying $22.08 for the iphone mini12.. this scam is so convoluted that the customer service reps do not even know how to explain or handle the questions although one did say that there's was something wrong with the phone i traded in .. so i asked why wasn't i contacted and why wasnt the phone returned if it wasn't suitable to trade in then proceeded to tell me to contact the store where i purchased the phone. I did contact the salesperson and she was surprised at what had occurred and at that time i was on the plan for 4 months so she refunded $120 via gift card (at that time i was being charged $30/ month for iphone 12 mini)... (not sure why now im being charged $22.08/month) and told me she would attempt to get it straighten out but to date issue has not been resolved. Again where is my phone?? why wasn't it returned ?? why didn't i get the credit that was promised?? all questions still awaiting responses.

deceitful practice and untrustworthy company never had these issues with Verizon or sprint

very dissatisfied soon to be ex customer

Complete scam! I have sent the requested papers 4 times to 3 different email addresses while discussing it with multiple people and supervisors and customer retention people. Been told 3 times it was handled and that the visa gift should be received in 4-6 weeks. It has now been a year and they refuse to do anything. They know good and well they screwed up, but don't care! It is time for a lawsuit.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same thing here they refused to give me any documentation of it as well as the fact that the site doesn’t even work for the rebate status check so they are going out of their way to make sure that they minimize any proof of wrongdoing 

And nothing has changed. I opened an account in October and I have called multiple times and been told the issue was resolved. Every month my bill has been higher. Finally today I spoke to a Supervisor who said she was sorry but the sales rep lied to me and now I’m stuck with a 2 year contract for an iPhone that I was told was FREE. I’m stunned. I didn’t read any reviews prior to opening the account. I will never make that mistake again. Hard lesson learned 

Hi! I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile and got the same promotion… I don’t ever recall it being for EACH LINE/DEVICE, but they did give me a card for the remainder balance of my iPhone 12. I forgot how long it took, but I did it all via T-Mobile chat, & within I think 2-3 weeks I got everything settled. I would call or have an agent help directly. Good luck’

I switched from Verizon to t mobile and was offered $200 per line and $100 per watch switching over and when it came time to pay up, they give me the excuse that it was included in the money I received to pay off my phone, but was only given enough to pay the balance of my phone (not the bill). I called and kept getting the same excuse that it was included with the keep and switch money..B.S.

They owe money.

All the agents tell me that the money I was supposed to get for switch and keep was included with the money to pay off the balance of the phones being financed from Verizon. I did the math and t mobile owes me money.

T-Mobile is a rip off was with comcast had the best service in the world got lied to by a sales rep in India during the hurricane now they want 344 to restore my service I can’t afford T-Mobile when my bill was supposed to go from 180 to 120 a month now it’s 300 a month 

All the agents tell me that the money I was supposed to get for switch and keep was included with the money to pay off the balance of the phones being financed from Verizon. I did the math and t mobile owes me money.

Same here. I did what they told me to do when I switched over to them and then they all of a sudden lost that information months later when it was time to pony up. They made me do it over to receive my promised rebate only to tell me that my number isn’t qualified for the rebate. But it was qualified when they had me switch over, or when they convinced me to upgrade to get a iphone 15 pro max that was promised to me in the beginning after I pay on 2 bill cycles. Only to tell me almost 4 months in that I have to put a $900 down payment on the phone when I was promised no down payment. They lied to me from the very beginning and nothing since then has been truthful. T-Mobile is a bunch of scam artists with hidden fees and false advertisement Get you a lawyer and please email me your issues with this company and sign your name at the bottom of your email for a petition to hold this misleading company accountable. I got proof of they’re lies and false promises and sending them to a lawyer along with testimony from unhappy customers who were taken advantage of. 

And nothing has changed. I opened an account in October and I have called multiple times and been told the issue was resolved. Every month my bill has been higher. Finally today I spoke to a Supervisor who said she was sorry but the sales rep lied to me and now I’m stuck with a 2 year contract for an iPhone that I was told was FREE. I’m stunned. I didn’t read any reviews prior to opening the account. I will never make that mistake again. Hard lesson learned 

please email me you issues with t-mobile. I’m getting a petition together to have them sued for false advertisement and misleading customers just to have they’re business. I have conversations transcribed with they’re agents and audio. please leave your name to add for the petition. enough signatures and people saying what they go thru with this company we can hold them accountable for it. 

Call the REBATE DEPT PH#: (877) 311-8853 5am Pt- 7pm PT M-SA. Tmobile depends on us giving up. I won’t give up. If they don’t pay, they will pay. KEEP DETAILED RECORDS OF YOUR CALLS, like I do. Come back here and update us all on what happens. If enough of us CALL THE REBATE DEPARTMENT during their hours open, we have a chance!  I’ll update you all.