Solved

Does or will T Mobile have TV and if so does it come with a home internet service?

I heard that T Mobile is coming out with T Mobile TV soon and this sounds cool and all, but the only way I will get on this train is if I can add at home internet along with it. I'm tired of this monopoly that Comcast has created where it is the only provider I can get TV and home internet from in my area, they constantly are increasing the prices of their services out of no where and there is nothing I can do because I need internet, and TV is dying but is still a basis of a standard living. If T Mobile comes out with TV and home internet I will automatically switch to them as soon as they come out. I just want to know if they are going to.

icon

Best answer by thelimerunner 6 March 2018, 01:44

Hey there, T-Mobile frontline retail employee here! T-Mobile did acquire Layer3 TV earlier in the year, which is a mobile streaming service. As far as I've heard, we're in the process of rolling that out to customers. Haven't heard of any plans to provide tradition home television or internet services yet, but who knows what lies down the road!

Here's an article about the acquisition of Layer3:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/uncarrier-tv-close.htm

View original

3 replies

They are offering internet in only a select few places with TV, so don't count on it.

Hey there, T-Mobile frontline retail employee here! T-Mobile did acquire Layer3 TV earlier in the year, which is a mobile streaming service. As far as I've heard, we're in the process of rolling that out to customers. Haven't heard of any plans to provide tradition home television or internet services yet, but who knows what lies down the road!

Here's an article about the acquisition of Layer3:

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/uncarrier-tv-close.htm

I have not heard of it. There are always rumors of some merger with Dish, etc. but I know of nothing confirmed. T-Mobile does include a Netflix subscription with T-MobileONE service.