Solved

domestic violence and transfers of service

• 23 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Badge

I'm leaving an abusive relationship, and would like to be able to keep my phone and device payments and assume liability so that I can continue to exist and survive without this person. They set up a tmobile app that sends my texts to their phone before I receive them. Because of this it has been even harder for me to move on , and I truly wonder how many other people are being abused or not able to leave their abusers safely because of this app that you offer . Do not waste my time with empathy if you have no solution . 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 26 July 2023, 00:24

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Who’s the primary account holder? If it’s the other party they will have to agree to you porting the line.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/transfer-account-or-line-ownership

T-Mobile has policies that support #DomesticViolence and abusers.

When initiating your account, they don’t have an option for two account holders, so married or other couples who share a family account (who wouldn’t, T-mobile gives great multi-line discounts) have only one account holder.

Option 1: In the case of #domesticAbuse T-Mobile expects the victim to get permission from their abuser/ primary account holder to re-gain control of their phone number, or be further isolated by changing phone numbers. T-Mobile says that this is to protect the account owner. The logic is flawed. The person sharing the account could abuse the account much more before they take their number to their own account.

Option 2: You could snail mail a court order, signed by a judge, to T-Mobile corporate, stating that you are a victim of domestic abuse, stalking, harassment, or similar offense, and then, when that piece of paper has made it through the T-Mobile offices in Albuquerque, they may give you your phone number back. 

My advice - Option 3: switch carriers so you can port your number.

The policy is antiquated and discriminatory. It forces victims to face their abusers, give the abusers more surface area for abuse, and more isolation for the victim. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

T-Mobile has created a new process to help survivors of domestic violence stay connected. There are a few different ways to get through the process and many resources available so you can get the support you need however it is best for you. Check out all the details at Keeping Customers Safe & Connected | T-Mobile Support

My ex-husband was just convicted for 5 years in prison. He has two lines on my account. I have a continuous protective order now and I would like to remove his lines from my account. Does T-Mobile have a policy that can help me with that? He was arrested with the phones so they are in the custody of his family now but I can’t talk to them. I see that there is an option if I am not the primary, but is there another option to help me as the primary? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If your the primary you can cancel the lines. Are the phones paid off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i would suggest checking the link provided right above your post.

Badge

Would this be able and be correlated in with an application called Greenlight on Android Play store? If someone who's supposed to be your responsible guardian for my domain and management for their own business which just so happens to be my only form of employment and trusting the King office 81 8ballin LA plays Haas keeps Samsung SS Chevelle sayings that's her support for asking them to be brought to me. Justin David Benoit because get this. As my legal guardian a qualification of requirements being 1: the guardian is able to provide the responsibility with welfare meaning trusting the communication between the two people not interrupting what also financially and stable legally binding the idea where they could not become anothers possession or responsibility with having their responsibility legally binding already. A charge against the preparator..  what is the pro bingo legality behind the idea of forging a signature and keeping a citizen unlawfully and unknowing.. reassuring the idea that nothing is out of the ordinary for an entire year being illegally drugged. Illegally diagnosed. Illegally chloroformed a average working cities with freezing their assets and stealing ADP benefits along with vulnerable adults identity which would be the same individual willing to receive a ADP benefits account with a non bound test now number with an entire backup of conversations. Companies. ADP payroll. Account owner JUSTIN DAVID BENOIT 04 30 E 20 2 ND

Of where the management for studios would be the ability to steal from Vegas where insider trading would lead to ransoms, kidnapping where using the sim card sent to an address where admins rights. Legal name. Company user and passwords. Stolen neutral kingdom data where the number itself asking backup of being unable to receive authorization codes but that's the account number and owner of the SIM outside of TextNow able to authorize account owner rights modifying and reversing the roles of where full control, contract, contact, purjury, and all under the name of the number of an individual continuing to have their mail stolen. Sent where an address is different than I chose but still signed by pazak or something meaning obviously linking the individual willing and able the pattern for over a year realized the very reasons why worth still staying in a location where seemingly allowing. Accepted for the status speaking for the entire cities quo in the center of our nation.. great.. the USA....

Badge

This is what the continued silence of a healthy hard working self motivated and trusting people in which the biggest. Healthiest. Possibly placed a mindset could be how horrific would be the advantage for taking away from Vegas where the management has changed. The damage.. reversible.. for the community it's healthy and our nations now is a time to change. A chance..to change. A reason! To change.

Badge

Blame the institutions. The dishonorable, untrustworthy individuals who do my deserve their place. As lying cheating killing af destroying whatever foundation left for what I do not see worth standing for but my own life my own reasons why whatever matters most and having that in jeopardy of allowing what travesties are not to last not ever having any it's histories place.