Solved

Down payment question

• 24 February 2019
  • 7 replies

So today I ordered the Galaxy S10 plus and im planning to trade in my S8 to get the bill credit and also the trade in value. I was told over the phone that even if I didn't want to turn in the phone that very same moment ( I don't want to be phone-less for 2 weeks) that I will still get the trade in credit towards the down payment which will be charged the day the phone ships. But today at the store I was told other wise. Can I please get some clarity?

icon

Best answer by snn555 25 February 2019, 03:13

View original

7 replies

Personally I think it’ll be the price you already paid for.

But I haven't "paid" anything just yet. I was told the down payment was 200$ and will be charged when the phone ships, but I want to trade in my phone as a "deferred" trade in. So I'm really confused as to what will be charged, 200$ or what is left of the down with the phones credit

Userlevel 5

Usually you'll make the down payment then once you receive your phone you will send your phone back in for trade in and see that as a bill credit with in two to three billing cycles.

Badge

Financeing high end phones is like getting a small loan for a used car I am customers how is far when a carrier for a iphone13 $58 down then 24 month payments/// I think tha a big downpayment customers might. Be paying more plus as soon as you purchase a high end phone it looses value big time

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

if you can trade your phone to the manufacturer..  sometimes trade in value is higher and you just ship it to them after your new phone arrives. that is how i upgrade my phones

Badge

Don’t have a iPhone to tradein. Point is when I finance a new iPhone look I am buying a new iphone13 not a used car get a used car loan the cost of the car is $999 your going to have a big downpayment what I just outlined is how T-Mobile sells iPhones Consumer cellular they use a easy pay program they make it easy to buy a iphone13 first payment $58 T-Mobile $167 or more anyways I see both sides of the issue!!! When I first looked at the way phones are financed I said I am I buying a used car or a high end phone.

Badge

When a customer financed a iphone13 and has a tradein iPhone do you trust T-Mobile to give you the right value of the tradein iPhone because apple gives a better tradein value or to me if you have a Goldman sacks credit card your first payment is far lower.please everybody look on the internet and look at customers reviews about financeing phones with T-Mobile the real reviews reflect everything you want to know!! I read the reviews I think to myself have people lost there minds I would like to see reviews that are %100 tryeful and. don’t hold anything back plus buying a new phone isnt a way to brag