Solved

eip early payoff

• 15 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve recently purchased a new phone and am getting a monthly credit for a traded-in device (it was a mother’s day promotion). I would like to pay off the entire amount rather than having to pay monthly and am wondering if I can still keep my promotional monthly credit if I just pay off to close an EIP.

The section below seems to say that it shouldn’t be an issue, but I have seen some contradicting answers. 

[[ From https://www.t-mobile.com/support/new-to-tmobile/promotional-credits#firstheading

• If you pay off your EIP early, you’ll continue to receive the promised Recurring Device Credits (RDC) as an account-level credit through the remaining months of the promotional credit period (up to 24 or 36 months).

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by gramps28 15 May 2021, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It depends on the promo. You need to check the fine print of the agreement. Try using messenger on one of t-mobile’s social media platforms to find out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The other variable is that you can usually only have one active promo at a time.  If you want to pay that one off to get another device on an EIP with a promo.  It is very likely the new promo will void the previous one once applied.