Solved

Email says I 'deleted my account' but I didn't!

• 1 May 2020
  • 8 replies

I just got a email saying "You recently deleted your Mobile Internet account." but I haven't made ANY changes to my account, so what's going on here!?

Just for reference, yes, I checked to make sure it was the actually from t-mobile. It's the same no-reply address I always get from them. I want to know how and what has been changed/deleted on my account when I didn't do anything!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 2 May 2020, 02:00

View original

8 replies

Unless you look at all the e-mail headers you won't be able to tell a bogus e-mail from a real one. I suggest you surf over to T-Mobile.com and log into your account but UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES​ should you click on any links in the e-mail.

I already checked everything, it's a legit email as far as I can tell. My spouse got the exact same one. I was hoping someone had an idea what this is about. Why did we get these emails, claiming that WE had done something to our accounts when we have not? I really didn't need the extra stress of this, right at the beginning of the month, especially right now.

You may be the victim of a "port out" fraud. Do you know if your account had a port out PIN? A port out fraud is a way for criminals to gain control of your cellular number in order to be able to validate password changes to bank accounts, etc. Have you set up your account login on T-Mobile.com? If not, I'd call customer service.

This forum is not customer service. It's a community forum. The people here (many of whom, like myself, are just customers) do not have access to your account records. Contact Us

Badge

Your T-Mobile Account has been updated

to: MY EMAIL
date: Jun 10, 2020, 12:05 AM
subject: Your T-Mobile Account has been updated
security: syniverse.com did not encrypt this message Learn more

T-Mobile T-Mobile USA, Inc.
https://mim.t-mobile.com

T-Mobile Confirmation: Plan Cancelled

Thanks for using T-Mobile!

You recently deleted your Mobile Internet account. If you would like to create a new account at a later point in time, you can use the T-Mobile ID username and password that you've already set up. Just click, 'Already have a user ID' when you set up a new account.

Sincerely,

T-Mobile Customer Service

On an iPad click Settings - Cellular Data - View Account. On all other Mobile Internet Devices go to https://mim.t-mobile.com.

This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.
If you have questions regarding your T-Mobile service, please give us a call at 1-800-937-8997.

And you want us to contact t mobile and let them know there’s a scam going around?

How exactly? Call them?

Put in a typing option for contact to tmobile you monsters.

Just received an exact same email. I called T-Mobile (611) and the rep told me to disregard the email after verifying my account has not been tampered with and no changes has been applied. Seems like a scam but then it looks legit with no links to click and the correct T-Mobile support number.

I got the same message last night and so did my daughter.  no links to click on.  But we both are getting messages on our phones that we don’t have a data plan.  They don’t work without wifi.  I was on the phone with tbmobile for 2 hours last night, just left the store and they can’t figure it out. 

I received the same message and after over an hour of worrying and searching, I found that it was not my regular phone account but rather a “free 200mb for life” plan that I had on an old iPad.  My new one doesn’t have a sim so I haven’t used the account in over a year. This message is very poor customer relations on the part of T-mobile! They should at least include the number for the account so people don’t panic about their phones!

I got three emails of this but it’s attached to an old phone number and I change my number ever 3 to 6 months for security purposes. 

Can’t modify my t-mobile account and I could careless about that old phone number… I checked my account on t-mobile website as I always do and it’s still running and active. THEY CAN’T ACCESS MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY CONSENT. 

these are the emails I got:  (the first one is duplicated)

T-Mobile Notification: Subscriber Modified

Dear Customer,

Subscriber has been modified for device # . The msisdn has been changed from # to # 4154250633 .

Sincerely,

T-Mobile Confirmation: Plan Cancelled

Thanks for using T-Mobile!

You recently deleted your Mobile Internet account. If you would like to create a new account at a later point in time, you can use the T-Mobile ID username and password that you've already set up. Just click, 'Already have a user ID' when you set up a new account.

Sincerely,

On an iPad click Settings - Cellular Data - View Account.