Solved

Email to SMS Gateway Failure

• 2 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I am trying to get the email to sms gateway to work for home automation notices.  I can send to MyMobileNumber@tmomail.net  via my work account, but not my personal email account.  My personal account is on a domain owned by me (danfield.net) and has correct settings for SPF, DMARC, etc.  I have read all postings here related to this error and can't not find any solution.

This is the mail system at host gateway7.unifiedlayer.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<##########@tmomail.net>: host

d79033a.ess.barracudanetworks.com[209.222.82.135] said: 550 permanent

failure for one or more recipients (##########@tmomail.net:blocked) (in

reply to end of DATA command)

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 4 June 2019, 00:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there

You are going to need to call us to have your domain white listed we had to implement some pretty strict spam filters for tmomail.net address awhile back because of spam.

Chris,

I am having a similar issue, where our services sending alerts using the email to sms gateway are being blocked by T-Mobile only.  I tried calling T-Mobile Tech support at the number that you referenced in the comment above, and I was told that I had to mail a letter to the T-Mobile legal department in Bellvue, WA to tell them what my issue is.  That seems a little crazy, and due to the number of threads on this issue I would think that there's some sort of process to help legitimate companies overcome this issue. What is an actual next step we can take to get support, since I won't be holding my breath on a response from T-mobile legal when I explain the issue?